ABacks

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I will be surprised if he cracks the two deep.

If he doesn't crack the 2 deep there will be 2 true freshmen ahead of him with 4 weeks of practice....hard to visualize him not playing early. I could visualize 2 freshmen in the top 4 by mid year.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Snoddy, Andrews, Lynch, Allen

IMO Willis is ahead of Allen and even more ahead of Lynch. CPJ will go with the experience . Willis has participated in a lot of AB reps over multiple seasons and spring practices. The others could eventually catch up but not by the early games in 2015.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
IMO Willis is ahead of Allen and even more ahead of Lynch. CPJ will go with the experience . Willis has participated in a lot of AB reps over multiple seasons and spring practices. The others could eventually catch up but not by the early games in 2015.

Just because of the low numbers of ABs for the spring game we will likely get to see and compare Willis, Allen (if he moves to AB), and Lynch in game action. We will surely know a lot more then than now.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Great run, that. I really want to believe he will comeback this year at full speed, but a compound fracture? I don't know. I admit I'm too lazy to research tape but I suspect it was the luck of the draw, or the defensive count at the time. I do recall him flattening some guys.
You are the only other person besides me who has expressed concern over returning to full form after a compound fracture. I do not want jinx his recovery and I certainly am hoping for a complete recovery but I have never seen it in these types of injuries.

Anyone else have any insights that might be more hopeful?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

No worries. We have different opinions. Howeve, I was more responding to your assertion that not Willis would mean "two true freshmen" would crack the two deep. That's not true.

I actually think Searcy will move to ABack and also be ahead of Willis by next Fall as well as probably one true Fr. Just opinion.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
You are the only other person besides me who has expressed concern over returning to full form after a compound fracture. I do not want jinx his recovery and I certainly am hoping for a complete recovery but I have never seen it in these types of injuries.

Let's just say it grew back stronger...
original.jpg

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I am not a doctor and I do not want to speculate in any shape or form about Snoddy's actual injury or condition. However, I will say this, I have seen other athletes come back just fine after a tib-fib. It can happen and does happen. In fact, those are far more preferrable to ankle breaks and the like.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am not a doctor and I do not want to speculate in any shape or form about Snoddy's actual injury or condition. However, I will say this, I have seen other athletes come back just fine after a tib-fib. It can happen and does happen. In fact, those are far more preferrable to ankle breaks and the like.
Thanks, good to hear.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I like hearing that, because it seemed that he was really hitting a certain level when things broke.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
No worries. We have different opinions. Howeve, I was more responding to your assertion that not Willis would mean "two true freshmen" would crack the two deep. That's not true.

I actually think Searcy will move to ABack and also be ahead of Willis by next Fall as well as probably one true Fr. Just opinion.

Would like to see Searcy on the field somewhere. If it's AB I tend to agree with you. I think our differing opinions is over timing of what will happen, not what will happen.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Would like to see Searcy on the field somewhere. If it's AB I tend to agree with you. I think our differing opinions is over timing of what will happen, not what will happen.
Searcy is one guy I will be keeping my eye on. I am not sure where we will use him, but I have this gut feeling he will be special. Admittedly, the sample size of direct observation I have for him is really small. However, really good athletes kind of stand out in a crowd. He stood out to me, despite his diminutive size.

You know how Snoddy is really fast but he looks all mechanical when he runs? There are a lot of huffs and puffs and herks and jerks. Well, Searcy is just the opposite. He is really fast too, but everything is smooth as silk. Having your body that much under control really pays dividends when balls are arriving and your head is steady and not bobbing around. Searcy has hands and he has superior balance from what I can see. It should be fun.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow

Look up Anderson Silva my friend.