A Suggestion

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
well, maybe more of a specific request.

I have no problem with the future of our head coach (or any member of the staff) being discussed openly on this board. My request is that we start a thread with a title specific enough that it will attract members who wish to discuss it. Once that is done, can we please refrain from hijacking other threads and making EVERY ONE about the future of the staff. I am not for controlling the narrative on this board myself, but I am for protecting constructive discussion on the myriad of issues facing the program.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
My suggestion is why do we not pass out of the shot gun? It's obvious that the O line isn't giving JT time to throw and I think he has a hard time seeing over the top too.

I apologize if I offended some with my post yesterday. I just get so sick and tired of the hate the coaches crap. Are we having the season we would like or felt we would? No . I myself will continue to support players and coaches. Playing sports and going to a academic school can't be easy for the guys. Recruiting and developing talent can't be easy for the coaches. I just feel like they have earned and deserve my support and I get pissed off when after a hard fought game reading the same old I told you the coaches suck or this player ain't doing this or that. We will continue to improve week after week and year after year. I guess I'll just start using the ignore thread a good bit more. Go Georgia Tech.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about Twitter - buy wife said there is a thread like fire paul johnson.

If we have a thread like this - I would prefer a thread about what assistant coaches are the problem and what replacement coaches are suggested. Firing the head coach ain't going to happen.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If we are talking about hiring coaches I'd say one of the best hires right now would be the Offensive coordinator from the University of Baylor.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If we are talking about hiring coaches I'd say one of the best hires right now would be the Offensive coordinator from the University of Baylor.
I think that is art bryles (hc) son. Have had season tickets for last 2 years . We could shift to air raid as COACH had the run and shoot at Hawaii! Just kidding. Would be interesting if we got an OC type from NAVY at a reasonable price. Tell him to work up some plays to stop the gap blitz and over pursuit ( I know iknow coach knows the plays) AND a coaching method to implement them.
This would free coach up for recruiting which he is quite good at circa 2014. We need a beast dt in the mix.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
My suggestion is why do we not pass out of the shot gun? It's obvious that the O line isn't giving JT time to throw and I think he has a hard time seeing over the top too.
My dad was saying the same thing at the end of the game to give the guy a little more time to pass or make a play with his feet.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
It's the same 5 people hijacking again and again and again and they won't stop or let it drop. Posts like this Boomer--though well intended--will have little effect in my opinion--though it's still worth trying.

Like Boomer I don't mind the coaching debate but it ruins the board when it seeps into every single thread. I sometimes participate in coaching change threads, and have at times been on different sides of the fence. However it always happens that it infects every single thread and it ruins what could be awesome football discussions.

There is one way to stop the agenda-driven hijacking, and that is to ignore the offending poster. If enough people ignore these offenders (1) it will teach them to fly straight, (2) the threads won't be hijacked because the trolls can't get traction, and (3) personal enjoyment of the board goes way up. It does require something of a critical mass though.

For example on the Rivals insider board I once posted about something that happened after a UVA game. We finally got a stop and were getting ready to get the ball back, go up two scores and put the game away. I said please don't come after this punt and please just make sure you catch it Jamal. Get the ball back safely and our offense is on autopilot....the game is ours! Punt is snapped, we come after it, and we rough the kicker. 1st down UVA, UVA goes down and scores. Now ultimately we come away with the win at the end but it was frustrating because we were clearly the better team but keep screwing up chances to go up two scores.

The punt block call drives me insane. I make a post discussing what I think is a bad call to put on the punt block. Because every thread at this time is polarized into a 'for keeping staff' vs 'for firing staff' thread, a bunch of "for keeping staff" jump me. Meanwhile I am actually for keeping the staff! I just want to have an intelligent football discussion about the pro's and con's of one strategic decision, understand how it happened, and whether people think Walkowski be able to put on the block without telling CPJ. I'm guessing if CPJ would have preferred a return or punt-safe at that point in the game.

Ended up leaving that board shortly after because no matter what one tries everything is about keep or fire coach. Even the moderator at BBuzzoff who is anti-(insert name of GT coach) has to come on his board and tells people not to hijack threads.

I'm finding ignore is the real solution and one doesn't miss anything because one can still participate in the keep vs fire threads. I only have 4 fonts on ignore and it changes the board entirely and for the better for me....though others do not ignore those trolls and are still accessories to hijacking which still decreases the value of the board for real football discussions. Great though if you like pissing contests.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's the same 5 people hijacking again and again and again and they won't stop or let it drop. Posts like this Boomer--though well intended--will have little effect in my opinion--though it's still worth trying.

Like Boomer I don't mind the coaching debate but it ruins the board when it seeps into every single thread. I sometimes participate in coaching change threads, and have at times been on different sides of the fence. However it always happens that it infects every single thread and it ruins what could be awesome football discussions.

There is one way to stop the agenda-driven hijacking, and that is to ignore the offending poster. If enough people ignore these offenders (1) it will teach them to fly straight, (2) the threads won't be hijacked because the trolls can't get traction, and (3) personal enjoyment of the board goes way up. It does require something of a critical mass though.

For example on the Rivals insider board I once posted about something that happened after a UVA game. We finally got a stop and were getting ready to get the ball back, go up two scores and put the game away. I said please don't come after this punt and please just make sure you catch it Jamal. Get the ball back safely and our offense is on autopilot....the game is ours! Punt is snapped, we come after it, and we rough the kicker. 1st down UVA, UVA goes down and scores. Now ultimately we come away with the win at the end but it was frustrating because we were clearly the better team but keep screwing up chances to go up two scores.

The punt block call drives me insane. I make a post discussing what I think is a bad call to put on the punt block. Because every thread at this time is polarized into a 'for keeping staff' vs 'for firing staff' thread, a bunch of "for keeping staff" jump me. Meanwhile I am actually for keeping the staff! I just want to have an intelligent football discussion about the pro's and con's of one strategic decision, understand how it happened, and whether people think Walkowski be able to put on the block without telling CPJ. I'm guessing if CPJ would have preferred a return or punt-safe at that point in the game.

Ended up leaving that board shortly after because no matter what one tries everything is about keep or fire coach. Even the moderator at BBuzzoff who is anti-(insert name of GT coach) has to come on his board and tells people not to hijack threads.

I'm finding ignore is the real solution and one doesn't miss anything because one can still participate in the keep vs fire threads. I only have 4 fonts on ignore and it changes the board entirely and for the better for me....though others do not ignore those trolls and are still accessories to hijacking which still decreases the value of the board for real football discussions. Great though if you like pissing contests.
Good suggestion.