A Suggestion

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I also have only four people on my ignore list, and I tend to be patient and wait until I have a large sample size before deciding I don't need to read any more of their stuff. Two have been added in the past two weeks, both for their behavior in the post game threads and others. I agree with @InsideLB that if enough of us do this, it will stop a lot of the trollish posts from grabbing attention and the rest of us can stay on topic and discuss football like adults.

slugboy

Staff member
I think the suggestion to keep discussions on topic and the suggestion to use the ignore button both make sense.
I've seen other boards (non-sports) where mods delete off topic posts. Does the board support moderators deleting off topic posts?

Declinometer

Banned
I also have only four people on my ignore list, and I tend to be patient and wait until I have a large sample size before deciding I don't need to read any more of their stuff. Two have been added in the past two weeks, both for their behavior in the post game threads and others. I agree with @InsideLB that if enough of us do this, it will stop a lot of the trollish posts from grabbing attention and the rest of us can stay on topic and discuss football like adults.
Curious.....how do you add someone for their post game thread behavior if you have ignored them and don't see their posts.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I confess that I find the constant thread-jumping here after a loss disconcerting. But I'm 69 years old. I've seen year after year of bad Tech football in my time. It gives you a perspective when you see success on the field and patience when the universe takes revenge, like it is with this year's season.

I agree: the best way to handle this is to stay on topic, write rationally, and don't, under any circumstances, feed the trolls.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the suggestion to keep discussions on topic and the suggestion to use the ignore button both make sense.
I've seen other boards (non-sports) where mods delete off topic posts. Does the board support moderators deleting off topic posts?
I would love to be "on the ready" and delete off topic posts, as would 'Cuse and John, but I am only checking in so often and don't have time to read them all. Ultimately, this board is going to become what we all decide to make it. The Mod's can help, but we, as individual posters and regular members, need to take action if we want to keep things as great as they have been.

Please! Let's stay on topic and respect the intentions of the original posters. We can talk about any aspect of the program, but we are simply not going to try and control the narrative by changing the subject to meet out our own narrow objectives.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Well the glory of 14' has definitely been tainted. The problems of 13' are back stronger than ever. Frustrated & not sure anymore what to say or suggest, cause it doesn't matter, everything is the coaches discretion. Wait for another 3 - 4 years to have a good season everything in between gonna suck.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Curious.....how do you add someone for their post game thread behavior if you have ignored them and don't see their posts.

My list only had two people before the last two weeks. Now it is up to four.

I do check from time to time to see ignored posts. I have not yet found a reason to add anyone back, probably because they have to be really obnoxious all the time to get ignored by me anyway. I don't mind venting from people who otherwise have interesting things to say. We all have to let off steam sometimes.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... back to the OP - " My request is that we start a thread with a title specific enough that it will attract members who wish to discuss it."

The " do whatever to the coach" was a specific example of what has happened to hijack a thread.

If you want to start a "this Coach **** thread, then do so. Just don't hijack the premise of another thread.

If I'm wrong with what I think the OP was to be about please correct me.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
... back to the OP - " My request is that we start a thread with a title specific enough that it will attract members who wish to discuss it."

The " do whatever to the coach" was a specific example of what has happened to hijack a thread.

If you want to start a "this Coach **** thread, then do so. Just don't hijack the premise of another thread.

If I'm wrong with what I think the OP was to be about please correct me.
You got it AW, thanks! Missed you Saturday.