A Reminder To Our Fans

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Sensitive players and fans will have to get thicker skin as the comments will only get worse until there is a Coaching Change as the fan base has turned.

The "lose the fanbase" problems started with that TN game. The repose since then has been constant:
- No defense (the D is actually better this year, but the result isn't different enough to translate onto the scoreboard)
- Atrocious special teams
- An offense that can't deliver when it actually seriously matters and, worse than that, tends to turn it over when it really matters

Self-destruction and being mentally unprepared is the fastest way to lose the GT fanbase. That's been the case for two years now. The USF, Pitt, & Clemson games are merely the catalyst that pushed things over the edge.

Some will say that Paul Johnson and his staff are inept at recruiting and there is no excuse for Tech to have not had a running back drafted in the NFL since 2011. Tech should have multiple guys like Jonathan Dwyer to run up the middle with every season. others will say that the problem is CPJs *COACHING*, backed up by his stubbornness. How many times have you heard him insist the plays were there, but so-and-so didn't run the play right (and you can see that on the video that he's right). But here's the thing - after 10 years through players of all kinds of ratings, intelligence, talent, and tenure, if he can't coach his players to run the system, then that's on him. Doesn't matter what the system is, you have to be able to coach it. We've had very senior offensive lines at times (for example), like 2015 and strangely we couldn't figure out what to do half the time.

It really doesn't matter, however nothing is going to turn this around until there is a new Coach! Bottomline......so for the sensitive players and fans you need to get thicker skin as CPJ is signed for another four years and this only going to get worse before it get better.

I couldn’t help but notice you copy/pasted my thoughts into your second to last paragraph. Plagerism is not cool, but thanks for the compliment.

slugboy

Staff member
They feel a lot worse about losing than we do as fans--they put a ton of effort and passion into training, and then three ugly games in a row. Saying ugly things to the players is kicking a man while he's down.

If you think this is CPJ's last season, then go and watch even if it's to see something a slice of history. What he's done is a big deal in college football. If you think it isn't his last year, go and watch the foundation for the future getting set. Either way, this is when the next generation of Yellow Jacket football gets started.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think it would be better for all concerned if no college athletes got on social media and also message boards.

I get where you are coming from, and I tend to agree, but it still chafes me that college athletes, 18-23 year olds, have to be mature beyond their years because the "fans" of their respective teams, most at least double, if not triple, their age, can't be trusted to not act like middle school bullies...

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I get where you are coming from, and I tend to agree, but it still chafes me that college athletes, 18-23 year olds, have to be mature beyond their years because the "fans" of their respective teams, most at least double, if not triple, their age, can't be trusted to not act like middle school bullies...
The way some of us behave is really disgraceful. The athletes ( someone's son , or brother , ,etc. ) are out there on the field busting their butts. Everything they do , or don't do , is under a microscope. Then some of us sit at home in our lounger - perhaps with couple of " beverages " under our belts, hiding behind our screens, and take cheap shots at them. Class, real class !! ( typed with disgust ):mad:

Deleted member 2897

So no more highlight films of him after a loss?

Well, which is worse:
1) A kid posting videos and pictures of themselves on social media (which is what kids do these days).
2) GT fans leaving comments like this on their posts.

So yea, maybe its best to not let them have the opportunity to make ****** up ******* ***** of themselves.

GvA53Dy.png

I don't know how to edit pictures, but if anybody has concerns with the language people are leaving on TMs social media posts, you're welcome to blur out the words and replace the picture.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Well, which is worse:
1) A kid posting videos and pictures of themselves on social media (which is what kids do these days).

So yea, maybe its best to not let them have the opportunity to make ****** up ******* ***** of themselves.

GvA53Dy.png

I don't know how to edit pictures, but if anybody has concerns with the language people are leaving on TMs social media posts, you're welcome to blur out the words and replace the picture.

I think a good rule of thumb for posters would be, “Don’t post anything online that you wouldn’t say directly to someone’s face.” I would bet that an internet warrior is often a coward when they aren’t hiding behind their digital devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Well, which is worse:

GvA53Dy.png

Anyone else try looking up this " tyler6765 " ? He/She is on instagram and Pinterest. Very few posts.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't know what's going on with the "tyler6765" Instagram acct but right now it only shows a name, 2 followers, 62 following and 0 posts. Maybe someone reported the user for abusive language and the original account was shutdown.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I hope the players use it as fuel. I don't understand why anyone wants to call out people on social media, especially college kids that you don't know personally. Just weird behavior. I'll still be rooting for this team to succeed this year. Need to get a win this weekend, need a road win at Louisville to get that monkey off their back, and then maybe they can get it rolling enough to make bowl.