A Reminder To Our Fans

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Please be careful what you write out there. While we probably do have players, family, and their friends who peruse boards like this, they DEFINITELY read what is written out on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. There is so much trash out there on GTFootball's Twitter and Instagram posts and I see some parents chiming in.

Look, everyone is frustrated. But when GTFootball posts our new uniforms for the Clemson game, there is no benefit to just replying in "Why does anybody care? We suck!" That benefits literally nobody but Clemson.

Whether there are coaching changes or player changes in the next week, month, or year will depend literally zero on this type of post on the internet. Its counterproductive. Please show our guys (and by extension their family and friends) nothing but support and love. The rest will take care of itself.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Please be careful what you write out there. While we probably do have players, family, and their friends who peruse boards like this, they DEFINITELY read what is written out on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. There is so much trash out there on GTFootball's Twitter and Instagram posts and I see some parents chiming in.

Look, everyone is frustrated. But when GTFootball posts our new uniforms for the Clemson game, there is no benefit to just replying in "Why does anybody care? We suck!" That benefits literally nobody but Clemson.

Whether there are coaching changes or player changes in the next week, month, or year will depend literally zero on this type of post on the internet. Its counterproductive. Please show our guys (and by extension their family and friends) nothing but support and love. The rest will take care of itself.
Agree 100%. Well said.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow

YES!! THANK YOU!!

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I havent seen anyone tearing down our players, we are proud they are here. The HC is a different story

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed! Gotta support the team no matter what, leave your negative thoughts to yourself. The true fans will stick with the team no matter what.

Deleted member 2897

Here are some examples. Yesterday was TaQuon's birthday and he liked these posts. So on his birthday he probably saw these disrespectful classless insults directed at him (see comment thread). If you know any of these miserable people, please tell them to grow up.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Since I rarely use Facebook and have never used twitter (sounds so stupid) or instagram - would not the OP’s message (well said as regards the players) be better “posted” on those venues?

But IDK how they work.

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
First off, I despise social media. I hate that players even look at that crap but this is the life we live in now.
One reason I have drifted toward the pro game is that I can't stand people being critical of the SA' s that the coaches recruited to be here. The pro's make the cash and it comes with the territory.
My problem is that you rarely hear the coach take responsibility for his actions, he'd rather fault a player for anything that goes wrong.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
First off, I despise social media. I hate that players even look at that crap but this is the life we live in now.
One reason I have drifted toward the pro game is that I can't stand people being critical of the SA' s that the coaches recruited to be here. The pro's make the cash and it comes with the territory.
My problem is that you rarely hear the coach take responsibility for his actions, he'd rather fault a player for anything that goes wrong.

Let’s not mix two entirely different subjects on this thread. OP was reminding people that players and their family’s read things on here and other social media channels. It was an attempt to speak to the better nature in all of us and to humanize what is a dehumanizing way to speak (namelessly online without public implications from the message being posted or position being taken).

As to what the coaches say in their interviews and post game pressers, that has been argued and litigated beyond the notion of new points in various other threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk