A Reminder To Our Fans

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Please be careful what you write out there. While we probably do have players, family, and their friends who peruse boards like this, they DEFINITELY read what is written out on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. There is so much trash out there on GTFootball's Twitter and Instagram posts and I see some parents chiming in.

Look, everyone is frustrated. But when GTFootball posts our new uniforms for the Clemson game, there is no benefit to just replying in "Why does anybody care? We suck!" That benefits literally nobody but Clemson.

Whether there are coaching changes or player changes in the next week, month, or year will depend literally zero on this type of post on the internet. Its counterproductive. Please show our guys (and by extension their family and friends) nothing but support and love. The rest will take care of itself.
This season is starting to feel like 1994 so sensitive players,recruits and fans will have to thicken their collective skins;)

So just so you all know, Quinlan has tweeted that coaches and players are getting crap from supposed fans on social media

@Kelly_Quinlan
Paul Johnson with a very honest answer about angry fans, "100-percent of people think they can can coach better than you." Said he told players who were getting hit hard on social media to turn it off and not let it get to them.

After seeing it on Facebook I left all the supposed Tech groups. This is the only forum I will communicate with in regards to Tech football going forward. That is because most of you I can tell know football, love the school and the team.

This age of social media is crap.

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been a fan for 40 years and I love Tech win or lose, but I don't have to enjoy losing. It starts at the top and we're not in a good place. We can't even get the video board working correctly and we're about Technology? I couldn't find my seat yesterday because the stupid numbers were missing on the bench. There is zero attention to detail. Tech seems to have adopted the management style of the City of Atlanta. They just don't care and wonder why the fans don't come. Clemson fans do, because they win! Until we want to win, we won't and I don't put that on the players. They work hard and deserve our support. It starts with Bud and TStan. I fear he's losing the fan base. I heard his interview on the radio last week when he stated the fan base isn't apathetic, it's just frustrated. He may want to rethink that.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So just so you all know, Quinlan has tweeted that coaches and players are getting crap from supposed fans on social media

@Kelly_Quinlan
Paul Johnson with a very honest answer about angry fans, "100-percent of people think they can can coach better than you." Said he told players who were getting hit hard on social media to turn it off and not let it get to them.

After seeing it on Facebook I left all the supposed Tech groups. This is the only forum I will communicate with in regards to Tech football going forward. That is because most of you I can tell know football, love the school and the team.

Agree. We sort of know each other here and can spot the trolls. We may not agree, but the non-trolls all care about GT.

I don't do social media stuff much, just listen. There are too many people out there with problems who have to ***** to improve their self esteem or just to deceive and sow discontent. GT football is a minor casualty. The enemies of democracy have done a great job of deceiving and sowing discontent.

@Kelly_Quinlan

I belong to a Tech group on Facebook, which does not put up with that kind of crap either. So don't go lambasting ALL the social media outlets. There may be a lot that are trash, but there are a few that are not.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Agree. We sort of know each other here and can spot the trolls. We may not agree, but the non-trolls all care about GT.

I don't do social media stuff much, just listen. There are too many people out there with problems who have to ***** to improve their self esteem or just to deceive and sow discontent. GT football is a minor casualty. The enemies of democracy have done a great job of deceiving and sowing discontent.
Can you tell I have a drinking problem ? If so it's ok I'm fine with it.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I know for a fact I don't know as much about football as any of our full time coaches.

But, in CPJ case, I am not paid millions per year to get it done.

I bet everyone on this board can do what they do better than pj could.

Besides the $, none of us would be given 11 years to hang around with a 50% failure rate like he does vs. P5.

He will change or adjust nothing..

It has been said when change is unnecessary - it becomes necessary not to change. The opposite holds true as well.

Deleted member 2897

Yup, its embarrassing and self destructive behavior. These student athletes bust their *** in class all week and put in ~50 hours between practice, the weight room, watching tape, etc. They deserve our respect. While some players and their friends/family probably peruse boards like this, they DEFINITELY look at THEIR OWN social media accounts and the main pages of GT Football, etc. There are a lot of truly miserable human beings out there. Last week ON TAQUON'S BIRTHDAY some ******* was posting on TAQUON'S instagram account how he wouldn't play QB on any other team in college football, he sucks, etc.

These people are damaging to our program. It hurts the players, hurts recruiting, and hurts our brand. Honestly its just ****ing ridiculous.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sad. But isn't this what younger folks have made of our society? Surely no one is suggesting us old farts are out there doing all that on social media? Hell most of us don't even have accounts on those platforms (I don't.)

I will always be proud of the athletes who come to GT and try to do it all......

GTFLETCH

Banned
Sensitive players and fans will have to get thicker skin as the comments will only get worse until there is a Coaching Change as the fan base has turned.

The "lose the fanbase" problems started with that TN game. The repose since then has been constant:
- No defense (the D is actually better this year, but the result isn't different enough to translate onto the scoreboard)
- Atrocious special teams
- An offense that can't deliver when it actually seriously matters and, worse than that, tends to turn it over when it really matters

Self-destruction and being mentally unprepared is the fastest way to lose the GT fanbase. That's been the case for two years now. The USF, Pitt, & Clemson games are merely the catalyst that pushed things over the edge.

Some will say that Paul Johnson and his staff are inept at recruiting and there is no excuse for Tech to have not had a running back drafted in the NFL since 2011. Tech should have multiple guys like Jonathan Dwyer to run up the middle with every season. others will say that the problem is CPJs *COACHING*, backed up by his stubbornness. How many times have you heard him insist the plays were there, but so-and-so didn't run the play right (and you can see that on the video that he's right). But here's the thing - after 10 years through players of all kinds of ratings, intelligence, talent, and tenure, if he can't coach his players to run the system, then that's on him. Doesn't matter what the system is, you have to be able to coach it. We've had very senior offensive lines at times (for example), like 2015 and strangely we couldn't figure out what to do half the time.

It really doesn't matter, however nothing is going to turn this around until there is a new Coach! Bottomline......so for the sensitive players and fans you need to get thicker skin as CPJ is signed for another four years and this only going to get worse before it get better.