A question from a moderator to GTSwarm posters

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Here’s my #1 super super groveling request. Whoever you want to criticize - past, present, future - please don’t vomit out on Georgia Tech or players general pages on Facebook, Instagram, etc. it makes us look infantile, disloyal - and the players and their families see it too. It’s unhelpful.

Some of the stuff I e seen is embarrassing. GT will post a video of our uniforms for the upcoming game and there will be a long line of comments about how much we suck and so on. Please stop, and please tell anybody you know who does that to please stop.
i love your post. i do not recall your target ever posting positive .

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Why would any fan post insults to players FB pages, twitter feeds etc..... ?

That goes beyond complaining, to me that’s trolling and being anything but helpful. I get comments on here as this is generally a fan site but going to individual players social media is practically stalking behavior

Animal02

Banned
Why would any fan post insults to players FB pages, twitter feeds etc..... ?

That goes beyond complaining, to me that’s trolling and being anything but helpful. I get comments on here as this is generally a fan site but going to individual players social media is practically stalking behavior
IIRC...there was a poster Wrecks(something) ...long banned....hated CPJ so much he contacted at least one recruit to discourage him from signing.

Regardless of the situation.....even if a player dropped a game winning catch, they do not deserve an abuse.

Remember all the "fans" that booed Recon when he took the field to start one game?

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is not on the mods to enforce, but one thing that I think would help tremendously around here is for folks to adopt a little civility.

Presumably, most of us would not talk to others we disagree with in real life the way we do here. I'm talking about starting posts with a demeaning "lol" or "lmao" or ending them with comments like "smh" or "but thanks for playing." None of those types of comments advance any meaningful discussion and only serve to antagonize other posters.

Acknowledge good points from others, concede when you've been proven wrong, actually read and digest what others are posting before you reply, ignore snark and potshots, and for pete's sake apologize every now and then. These are life skills our mamas taught us and they have served most of us well in our personal life and careers. We can and should apply them here.

I get that the board is pretty much a reflection of the current state of the online world, but with a little effort GT fans should be able to rise above that, even when we vehemently disagree.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Winning will cure all IMO. Nothing to argue about if you are a consistent winner. Just tired of every thread being the same stupid arguments, CGC vs. CPJ. Not much good discussion, but I guess it's hard when you get blown out every week. Rebuilding sucks, especially rebuilding in the way that we are, because honestly I(and almost everyone on this board)was expecting more than 1 win this year. I guess we're back in the waiting game and looking toward 2021.
Blasphemy!
Do you know how much the argument will turn to uniform colors when all we do is win???
It will be the only thing left to discuss at length.

I'm talking Brad Stewart type of page(s) long.....

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Good stuff !! It SHOULD NOT have to be written, but I am glad you did. We are all ( presumably ) GT fans. Would we be talking like some do if we were standing together at a tailgate , or in the stands ?? I seriously doubt it ! The anonymity of blogs seems to encourage some to take out their frustrations/ hatred on fellow fans, or worse yet on players.
Don't get me wrong , criticism is okay, but IMO it should NEVER be about an individual player.
We can do better !!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
This board is essentially unreadable at the current moment.

I hate to say it but I’m barely hanging on here. At this point I tend to quickly browse the topics to see if there’s any real news/info and then I’ll just ignore more than half of the threads. The discussions here have stopped being fun and are instead just soul crushing bickering. I have 5 & 3 year old girls at home...I get enough of that already.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
It's like the GTSwarm Lounge has leaked into the main board this season....it's like the "upside down" from stranger things. This place feels familiar but its much darker and more sinister, plus some posters want to kill you.

Its funny though (or not depending on how you look at it) that as a fan of the Falcons and a member of a fan board, everyone seems resigned to this season. Not happy, people still get optimistic, but resigned to the horror of this year and look forward to Quinn's firing and a good draft pick, a renaissance if you will. I'm confused why Tech fans can't find common ground in our misery and buy into the black humor of it all.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
lmaoay. thats not true. there are far more of us who support cpj AND cgc than those whine incessantly . in front of recruits no less.
Why is this so hard for the whiners on both sides to understand ? CPJ is gone and he did very well here under tough circumstances and he was a proven coach before arriving. CGC is also dealing with tough circumstances and it remains to be seen how he will do. Since he is far less experienced and accomplished as CPJ.......let's just wait and see (mid-season 2021 will speak volumes). Those taking the wait and see approach (at least the vast majority of them), are not pulling against CGC. Likewise, most of those excited about CGC's energy and ability to connect with recruits are not anti CPJ.

I truly believe 90+ % of supporters are in agreement that the TO had run it's time out (no puns). With that much agreement, can't we move on from this nonsense ?

Sidewalking

Banned
If more people used the ignore feature the mods would have less work to d
Why is this so hard for the whiners on both sides to understand ? CPJ is gone and he did very well here under tough circumstances and he was a proven coach before arriving. CGC is also dealing with tough circumstances and it remains to be seen how he will do. Since he is far less experienced and accomplished as CPJ.......let's just wait and see (mid-season 2021 will speak volumes). Those taking the wait and see approach (at least the vast majority of them), are not pulling against CGC. Likewise, most of those excited about CGC's energy and ability to connect with recruits are not anti CPJ.

I truly believe 90+ % of supporters are in agreement that the TO had run it's time out (no puns). With that much agreement, can't we move on from this nonsense ?

I think you are correct. But the two factions you mention in bold have no tolerance for the positions of the other and appear to see the worst in each other. So the civil war will continue until the ship is righted.