A Note from Coach Johnson and Mike Bobinski

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
58930ec6ff01453110c77381c56ac884.jpg

Thank you. It’s a simple sentiment, but one that’s not said enough.

With the conclusion of the 2015 college football regular season, we want to sincerely thank you for your support of our program this year. We appreciate each and every season ticket holder, and your investment in the success of our student-athletes on and off the field.

As happens every season, there were highs and lows, elation and frustration. The incredible finish against undefeated Florida State was a special moment that every Yellow Jacket will remember forever.

While many schools across the country are struggling with ticket sales and attendance, that was not the case on The Flats. Our nearly 34,000 season ticket holders in 2015 represent the third-highest total in school history, and we’re grateful for the support. With home attendance averaging more than 50,000 per game, you created a loud and electric atmosphere at Bobby Dodd Stadium, which our players notice and appreciate.

This season unfolded in ways we never anticipated. Injuries necessitated extended playing time for 23 freshmen, one of the highest totals among Power-5 programs. You also witnessed top teams and exciting games as four of our opponents finished in the top 10 in final regular season rankings, and six of our losses were by an average of just five points. As we saw time and again, the margin between winning and losing is razor thin, and the simple truth is many games are decided by just a handful of plays.

Our focus has now shifted to 2016. Be assured that we are fully committed to returning Georgia Tech football to the level of success we all expect, and look forward to putting in the work necessary to meet that challenge.

The 2016 schedule should be just as exciting as this year’s, and opens in less than 10 months in Dublin, Ireland, against Boston College. The home schedule includes top ACC opponents Clemson, Duke and Miami along with non-conference games against Vanderbilt and Georgia Southern.

On the team front, we return 33 players who made significant contributions this year, along with a number returning from injury. We’re hopeful that the growing pains of youth this season will yield dividends next season and beyond.

Once again, we value you as a season ticket holder and want to say thank you for all of your support. We’re looking forward to seeing you at Bobby Dodd Stadium in 2016.

0c84620223a4f8305e80455e2a50fd6a.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice PR statement. I expect season tickets will be down a lot next year given UGAg away and the epic disaster of this season in W/L. Winning solves most problems and losing causes many problems.

On the bright side, I'll get cheap season tickets if I want and be able to go to fan day. Doubt I'll make any / many games (600 miles away) but may buy to make a contribution.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Sounds desperate. If I were a season ticket holder planning to re-up, I'd re-think.

Not only will I re-up, I've already signed up for the game against BC in Dublin, and we're considering upgrading our tickets because I have a feeling 2016 might just be another "special season" (like 2014) because we were forced to play so many young players in 2015, we've signed some really good classes recently, and Justin Thomas will be a Senior.

Scubapro

Banned
I will buy my two regular season tickets and extras for Clem & son, UNCheat and The Statesboro Birds.
I am guessing the Athletic Department received lots of WTF letters this year and this is a blanket response.
Despite the anguish of 2015 I feel that Paul Johnson is the right coach Georgia Tech.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I may not be able to make as many games as I hoped but I will renew my season tickets for year #3. I believe I will keep my same seats in the North End zone because I have some good neighbors up there.:)

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll reup my 3, hopefully can move closer to friend/neighbor and going to Ireland x 5 family members. Was able to talk to dj white after uga game. Told him we supported team thick or thin. He replied that fans like that helped team get through the tough patches. Good insight, and something to keep in mind.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I am excited for next year and hope to get season tickets. I do not think this is desperation as much as it is a good pr move and what we should expect from people that represent tech.
Tech fans are a peculiar breed. They are extremely loyal in spite of small numbers and focus on things that other fan bases would find amusing. To wit: wrong shade of gold, uniform threads, and the nuances of the triple option. That said, EVERYTHING in that letter was truthful. We did face a difficult schedule, we did have a veritable avalanche of injuries, bad luck, karma etc. and we lost several games on a play here or there. We played many freshmen before they were ready which negates one of our few advantages: player development over time. Nonetheless, Tech fans know their football and appreciate the effort, blood, sweat and tears that our team displayed throughout the year. Not once, in any game I observed did I suspect for even a moment that our team had quit on their coach or their teammates. Now about that offensive line blocking...

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Nice PR statement. I expect season tickets will be down a lot next year given UGAg away and the epic disaster of this season in W/L. Winning solves most problems and losing causes many problems.

On the bright side, I'll get cheap season tickets if I want and be able to go to fan day. Doubt I'll make any / many games (600 miles away) but may buy to make a contribution.

Don't worry, GTNavyNuke, if you can't make it to fan day, you can always find someone to go to and get some autographed items for you. And maybe this year they'll go ahead and suck it up and stand in the JThomas line.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't worry, GTNavyNuke, if you can't make it to fan day, you can always find someone to go to and get some autographed items for you. And maybe this year they'll go ahead and suck it up and stand in the JThomas line.

Lol, if they stood in QB line last year that is all I'd have. Got JT the year before ...... coincidence?

I don't have a signed ball duplicate to trade this year. Silly things to collect.