A new take on the offense

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Some of you do realize that Russia is no longer a communist country and that Vladimir Putin has been freely elected and enjoys like an 80 percent approval rating from Russians in polls.
Putin is a straight up dictator, the elections were only a technicality. Dude changed the constitution and will now be president until he decides to stop.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I think if any team is a commie team its NC State. Three players busting their butts and 8 standing around waiting for their share of a glory that never comes.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Putin is a straight up dictator, the elections were only a technicality. Dude changed the constitution and will now be president until he decides to stop.
Before I get lambasted for being "Off Topic", 1) I'm sorry I cannot hold my tongue without responding to blatant ignorance and disinformation and 2) allow me a rebuttal. Putin did not change the constitution. Medvedev did, and the Duma (who are . . . elected) voted it in. So that makes Russia a 'dictatorship'? 'Oh well, Putin controlled those people.' Or maybe they just agreed with him like the majority of Russians apparently do. No, Russia is a 'dictatorship' on Fox News because any country that goes against the wishes of the meddling money cartel that runs us (and who overthrew the duly elected Ukrainian government thanks to Soros's money and Victoria Nuland's machinations) gets the 'dictatorship' smear in the closed, privately owned, media monopoly in the US that completely steers public opinion through systematically biased control of information. But you think you live in a 'free' country, where Supreme Court judges who are appointed and never elected rule by judicial decree, ignoring the opinions of the public and laws created by elected officials. And please don't tell me how the judiciary rules due to the 'Constitution'. They bent the words of the Constitution so far out of frame years ago, that document is as defunct as the Constitution of the Confederacy. In truth, I'm not so sure the majority of people, who are so easily blinded and duped by propaganda and seem incapable of standing up to a small cartel of wealth that controls money policy to their detriment, are worthy of democracy.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Before I get lambasted for being "Off Topic", 1) I'm sorry I cannot hold my tongue without responding to blatant ignorance and disinformation and 2) allow me a rebuttal. Putin did not change the constitution. Medvedev did, and the Duma (who are . . . elected) voted it in. So that makes Russia a 'dictatorship'? 'Oh well, Putin controlled t............

Blah blah blah: LAMBASTE. And now, back to discussing our "commie" offense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
North Carolina football players are like workers in Poland or yugolivia at end of ussr
they pretend we go to class and we pretend to play hard. Each year is the beginning of a victories 5 year plan.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I can't hold my tongue on this, and I apologize for it. Medvedev was always Putin's puppet. And Putin is an evil s.o.b. If you believe otherwise you are a dupe IMO. That includes old W but I honestly don't think he truly bought into his own rhetoric regarding that piece of garbage. I may be a dupe myself on that score.

To get more on topic....the Tech hammer / sickle helmet photo was funny but made me cringe a bit also. I hate that symbol.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
For ever getting this thing started -- inadvertently for sure -- I apologize to the gods, to my mother, my father, my wife, my kids, my boss, the rest of the board that really wants football, and to those posters doing this who really need football, and Wayne Gretsky. I throw him in for the Canadian sympathy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Funny story: I was at a bar participating in bar trivia with some friends when an older gentleman in a UNC cap and his family sat down next to us. They were in town for the UNC game that weekend. I happened to be wearing my GT cap (which I rarely do oustide of game days), so he asked me what I though about CPJ, and began to complement GT's academics. Then came the usual kicker when it came to CPJ: "Boy, I don't know about that offense...it wins football games, but it's so boring." To which I responded "Yeah, it does get kinda boring scoring all those touchdowns and piling up all those yards against you guys." He got a good chuckle along with the rest of his family.

I find that fans from other schools are, for the most part, pretty cordial and nice if you respond in kind. Of course, there's that crazy minority that ruins it for their respective fanbases.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
"Spreading it around" is all relative. We may spread it around running the ball, but we don't passing the ball. There our best WR gets all of the catches.

NC State didn't have a single person catch 25% of its passes. We had two (Waller and Smelter). That's not unlike past years where we had 92 receptions (2013, Godhigh with 23, Smelter with 21), 82 receptions (2011, Hill with 28), 64 receptions (2010, Hill with 15), 78 receptions (2009, Beybey with 46), and 74 receptions (2008, Beybey with 39).

Also not unlike NC States rushing offense last year, where their lead back had 32% of their carries.

His problem is he just didn't understand that you have to flip our passing and running offenses to understand them.