A Bruce Feldman tweet on CPJ

Billyho55

Georgia Tech Fan
In all fairness, Jeff Schultz is a grade A *******. I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinions. This is just my opinion, so put as much stock into it as you wish.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Is anyone unhappy if he leaves

I would be unhappy if he leaves.

We are in the top half of a BCS conference during the height of SEC Hype (poised to die down this season). We are making strides in recruiting and appear to have a defensive foundation. Our offense is unique in an geographic area where that can nullify recruiting disadvantages. We graduate close to 100% of our players.

We just need to be patient. CPJ has 4 OT losses in the past 3 seasons. We lost the toss on all 4 and teams that lose the toss lose 2/3 of the time. People act as though it was Dodd like when he arrived here when in fact Our most talented team in a very long time then or ever (more than 2009 IMO) lost to UGA, Wake, and WV to close the year.

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
In all fairness, Jeff Schultz is a grade A *******. I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinions. This is just my opinion, so put as much stock into it as you wish.

All he did was point out that it is ridiculous to say, "Word is...blah blah blah...according to 'sources'." If it is true, Feldman can say that he was first to report it, but if false, he can just say that his "source" (could be anyone... Bobinski, Beamer, Richt, ATL1, etc.) was wrong. In this case Feldman is the *******.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If he stays, and next year is not a make or break year, then he will coach at GT as long as he wants to. The record be hanged. The Hill could not care less if GTAA fails or not.

Given the 2015 schedule, and if next year is make or break, and if PJ holds true to form, it is going to be a lot tougher on any new coach as compared to having 2014 to break in.

Wish Paul would have realized long ago the value of media relations. For the sake of this years recruiting, having some friends in the media would be really nice about now. Alas .....

GTJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Wish Paul would have realized long ago the value of media relations. For the sake of this years recruiting, having some friends in the media would be really nice about now. Alas .....

As far as I can tell, he gets along well with Ken and Kelly. And Kelly was quick to jump to his defense on this. What are you referring to? Guys like Schulz, Chernoff, and Bradley who don't really matter for stories like this?

56JacketDE

GT Athlete

We are in the top half of a BCS conference during the height of SEC Hype (poised to die down this season). We are making strides in recruiting and appear to have a defensive foundation. Our offense is unique in an geographic area where that can nullify recruiting disadvantages. We graduate close to 100% of our players.

We just need to be patient. CPJ has 4 OT losses in the past 3 seasons. We lost the toss on all 4 and teams that lose the toss lose 2/3 of the time. People act as though it was Dodd like when he arrived here when in fact Our most talented team in a very long time then or ever (more than 2009 IMO) lost to UGA, Wake, and WV to close the year.
We are nt making strides in recruiting.
Our trajectory isn't vertical. It's horizontal at best. Aside from 08-09 with gaileys stars what successes do you point to?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

How are we making strides in recruiting? Is the Talent better in the past? How do we know since vast majority have not signed and none have played. People keep saying this, not just you, but would like to know how this is a true statement. Thanks

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
As far as I can tell, he gets along well with Ken and Kelly. And Kelly was quick to jump to his defense on this. What are you referring to? Guys like Schulz, Chernoff, and Bradley who don't really matter for stories like this?

I really have the impression, and I think more would agree than not, that his PR skills and how he presents himself are very lacking for one in his position.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
There is a lot more going on than most people think. There always is when this stuff starts leaking out. We'll see what happens in the coming days but it will no doubt be interesting. As for Feldman I don't see any reason to shoot the messenger. How can some of you be so sure that Johnson hasn't told certain people that he is unhappy and would be willing to take a buyout?

GTJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
How are we making strides in recruiting? Is the Talent better in the past? How do we know since vast majority have not signed and none have played. People keep saying this, not just you, but would like to know how this is a true statement. Thanks

Looking at our commitment list at guys like Durham, Custis, Freeman, Jordan, and Jackson, and comparing them to the 2013 and 2012 classes, and it's pretty easy to say that recruiting is improving.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Agreed. The talent level is lacking. Especially in the trenches. While I have high hopes for Griffin and Devine I certainly don't expect a couple of redshirt freshmen to show up next fall and dominate and anyone who is pinning their hopes on that completely changing our o-line play is in for a rude awakening.