A Bruce Feldman tweet on CPJ

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

"Word is GT coach Paul Johnson is not happy with the school. Hopes they buy him out, according to a source"

2. flounder

flounder Helluva Engineer

Cryptic. Is that supposed to mean he's unhappy with the job in general or unhappy with a specific decision that's been made (about exceptions etc.)?

3. DvilleJacket

DvilleJacket Helluva Engineer

He should quit then considering the results the last 5 years.

4. Jacket Bracket

Jacket Bracket Ramblin' Wreck

What's your thoughts on Bruce Feldman, Eric? How reliable is he?

5. kg01

kg01 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Sounds very O'Leary-ish. Without the 3IAR though.

Bad news happens in 3's. We got Carter's injury and Vads transfer so far so ...

Can I speculate the source is Wes? Wes to Barnhart (CBS) to Feldman (CBS)?

6. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

It seems like CPJ hasn't been happy for the past couple of seasons here. Just pure conjecture by me reading his demeanor. Then again, I thought Vad's demeanor during the Miami and BYU game after he got reamed out by CPJ and none of his teammates were within 10 yards of him like he was toxic was a sign that he wasn't too happy here either.

It feels like our football program is definitely at a crossroads right now. If CPJ is willing to take $0.50 on the dollar or less to move on, then it may be in GT's best interest to take him up on the offer and move on.

7. DvilleJacket

Maybe he rather go back to Georgia Southern and everyone can tell him it didn't work like he said it would!

8. Techster

Feldman is legit. He's one of the more respected journalist in the business. When ESPN made him go dark, other well respected journalists called ESPN out on how shady they are. #FreeBruce...look it up.

9. decatur jacket

decatur jacket Ramblin' Wreck

You do realize you included an 11 win season, ACC Championship, and played for another, right?

10. 56JacketDE

56JacketDE Excited for 2017 season

I think it's true and we don't want someone who isn't excited to be here

11. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

WTH is going on ??? smh

12. southernhive

southernhive Helluva Engineer

Not very good timing if true. If it is not true, BOBinski or CPJ needs to address this ASAP.

13. stylee

stylee Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Interesting but this is almost like a Rorshach - it's ambiguous enough that people will see what they want.

Things hadn't been great for the past few years. The USC win was awesome and seemed fitting for a weird year with some bright spots and I thought it was going to give us some momentum into 2013.

Our defense bounces back (minus some abysmal play in 2-3 games) and our offense suddenly becomes a real liability. Our QB becomes tentative on the ground and makes a lot of crazy mistakes in the passing game. Our OL becomes decimated by injuries. The QB leaves.

It's a tough spot. I actually like the defense for next year but the offense is again a big question mark. I'm obviously a CPJ fan so I hope this isn't him backing out - but things don't look super rosy right now, and we don't know what exactly is going on behind the scenesscenes

jwsavhGT likes this.
  14. gtdrew

gtdrew Banned

I wonder if this has to do with his contract status beyond next year....

15. DvilleJacket

Sorry my math skills are lacking. 09 seems like ten years ago at this point.

16. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

There is more drama going on at GT than a Maury episode, and it is happening at the worst possible time.

17. 56JacketDE

56JacketDE Excited for 2017 season

Hopefully Vad knows we will be passing more next year maybe he hasn't signed his release yet!

There is a silver lining in all this

18. Techster

This. It's why when people say "the hill/GT will never get rid of CPJ because he graduates players" (besides the fact that it's not CPJ tutoring and doing class checks on our SAs) that's just pure conjecture and not anymore accurate than saying CPJ doesn't win enough and if doesn't win X amount of games in 2014 he's gone. Things that go on behind the scenes are MUCH more influential than what most fans get to see.

19. Billyho55

Billyho55 Georgia Tech Fan

The cold reality is, to be highly successful in the Triple Option you must have elite players/athletes to excel. The problem is, the same players/athletes I speak of, either 1, aren't usually the brightest players, and 2, aren't interested in playing in this offense that does not prepare them for the NFL like a more traditional approach.

20. Billyho55

Billyho55 Georgia Tech Fan

I'd personally love to get O'Leary back. You can't fault a man that pursues his dream job.

DvilleJacket likes this.