Film Room A Backs in the Spring Game

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Shows how tough it is to stop this offense. The defense knows the playbook inside and out. Our opponents: I got the pitch man, you got the QB, and he's got the B back. Sounds easy:)

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you read my other post? It was a great play but not because it was a great open field tackle. The guy wasn't even looking downfield, he was still trying to get his head around. The tackle was the easy part. What made it great was his instincts, quick diagnosis, closing speed. His eluding of the blocker and curl into the pitchman's running lane was more impressive than the tackle, imo. He put himself in such a great position, he didn't need to make an amazing tackle.

Gotcha..Thanks for the replay attachment ...I went crazy when he made thus play
Did you read my other post? It was a great play but not because it was a great open field tackle. The guy wasn't even looking downfield, he was still trying to get his head around. The tackle was the easy part. What made it great was his instincts, quick diagnosis, closing speed. His eluding of the blocker and curl into the pitchman's running lane was more impressive than the tackle, imo. He put himself in such a great position, he didn't need to make an amazing tackle.

Gotcha...thanks for the replay attachment! I went crazy when he made this play...

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow

LOL @ Dak reading #41 for the pitch and not even seeing Golden closing in like a heat-seeking missile. Probably should have kept it and eaten the loss...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I hope Jamaal really works on his tackling, it's the one chink in his armor and it's a big one.

I won't argue that he could still improve in this area. But I think he did improve quite a bit last year. I'm not gonna sweat one spring game play (and I think he quit hustling on it honestly). But don't take away from that OB hit. I don't care if the RB saw him coming or not. That was a LICK he put on him. Great form, put his shoulder into him, separated player from the ball, took him off his feet, wrapped him up tight, and drove him into the ground. Tied with SD td run for favorite play of the game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I won't argue that he could still improve in this area. But I think he did improve quite a bit last year. I'm not gonna sweat one spring game play (and I think he quit hustling on it honestly). But don't take away from that OB hit. I don't care if the RB saw him coming or not. That was a LICK he put on him. Great form, put his shoulder into him, separated player from the ball, took him off his feet, wrapped him up tight, and drove him into the ground. Tied with SD td run for favorite play of the game.
Yes, it was beautiful tacking form. Suitable for a large poster.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Roddy Jones was a great example of that. Dude ran for over 200+ yards his R-Fr year against UGA and really never had a big game after that.
I know what you're saying, but I think a lot of people would trade places with Roddy. It's not often anyone ever gets to have a highlight reel play, much less an entire game which is a highlight reel & on top of that he did it against the most despicable, despised, & wretched program known to mankind.

Tonight I will drink another beer & salute his greatness on the Flats!