72%

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense was great, but not perfect. Some missed blocks including the killer on the 2pt conversion. I can chalk that up to OLine shuffle and first game rust and I'm confident we will be good going forward. The fumbles will get fixed either by the players or by the coaches if you know what I mean, so I'm actually not too worried there. I would like to see some more TO to really know what we have this year. Running Marshall as much as we did is just not sustainable. He's a fighter but towards the end there I was holding my breath on every keeper. How many touches did he have this game? It felt like at least 40.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Offense was great, but not perfect. Some missed blocks including the killer on the 2pt conversion. I can chalk that up to OLine shuffle and first game rust and I'm confident we will be good going forward. The fumbles will get fixed either by the players or by the coaches if you know what I mean, so I'm actually not too worried there. I would like to see some more TO to really know what we have this year. Running Marshall as much as we did is just not sustainable. He's a fighter but towards the end there I was holding my breath on every keeper. How many touches did he have this game? It felt like at least 40.
42 I think

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We saw the answer to lining the MLB up deep and letting him run to the alley. Our line pushed them off the ball and the MLB ran himself out of the play. We had numbers inside because our line didn't need to double anyone.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
No that's not all Tech fans care about but to dismiss the performance of the Offense is silly as well. I get you're still p***ed about he outcome as we all are but take off you blinders and see that a lot of questions were answered last night and there are 11 games still to played.

Then maybe I should have posted something about "the season is young."

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Another poster indicated a groin issue from preseason, may be available as early as this week.
I watched him during warm-ups and you could tell that he wasn't quite 100%. He was stretching after every kick and looked like he wasn't completely following through. Oth, he made almost every practice kick. They didn't look particularly good, but they had the distance and went true. KOs might be a different story. We'll see soon enough.

What I can't understand - except that it was his first real pressure situation - is why Davis missed that 35 yarder. His extra points would all have been good from that distance and were automatic. But I think I've already answered my own question; he was spooked.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
13/18 on 3rd downs for a 72% efficiency. 655 yards of offense. Our offense was incredible against good athletes. I have never seen an offensive machine like that. UT had extra time, it was early in the season, and any other "advantage" you can have against us.

Yep. Better athletes, more depth, time to practice against Tech's offense, playing the game early in the season when Tech traditionally has trouble fine tuning the triple option style attack etc. Every advantage except our players played harder, had more character, had more heart, and were better coached. No wonder Tennessee fans are not too happy about winning a game that in their minds should have been a walk over. They found out what Miami, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and other traditional rivals have discovered the hard way, it is not a whole lot of fun and games going up against Georgia Tech and Paul Johnson even with four and five stars galore.