72%

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
13/18 on 3rd downs for a 72% efficiency. 655 yards of offense. Our offense was incredible against good athletes. I have never seen an offensive machine like that. UT had extra time, it was early in the season, and any other "advantage" you can have against us.

Yep but you'll have some folk on here whine about the performance as "empty yards".

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
The team lost. Tennessee played a cleaner game. We are by far the better team, but they played cleanly and we didn't. The defense has to create some turnovers, the offense has to hang onto the ball, and the kicker has to put them through the uprights and endzone. We have 11 more games. The offense looked great, but hopefully we don't put the ball on the ground anymore, and also we won't see many teams play passive defense like TN did. It was almost like they were playing bend but don't break just like us, and waited for us to turn it over.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
665 yards of beautiful O, but we lost the freaking game.

Is the number of yards gained all that some care about Ga Tech football anymore?

I would rather have a hundred yards and win.

This is a horrible loss but the season is young.
Apropos of nothing, but this post struck me as vaguely trumpy.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
665 yards of beautiful O, but we lost the freaking game.

Is the number of yards gained all that some care about Ga Tech football anymore?

I would rather have a hundred yards and win.

This is a horrible loss but the season is young.

No that's not all Tech fans care about but to dismiss the performance of the Offense is silly as well. I get you're still p***ed about he outcome as we all are but take off you blinders and see that a lot of questions were answered last night and there are 11 games still to played.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
13/18 on 3rd downs for a 72% efficiency. 655 yards of offense. Our offense was incredible against good athletes. I have never seen an offensive machine like that. UT had extra time, it was early in the season, and any other "advantage" you can have against us.
Damn,GT has got a good offense this season!:cool: With Marshall and Benson this team s going to be fun to watch:cool:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Can't disagree much. I have about decided that the "extra time" or open week before playing us fuels urban legends because I don't think it helps much. Just gives 'em more time to think about it. It seems to me that those teams which have had great success against Johnson's offense have had terrific athletes across the defense, anchored by strong linebacking in the middle. It can be argued that great teams -- Alabama, Clemson? -- have better athletes on defense than offense, and their great ones beat our good ones in matchups. That wins games, because numbers and angles can be whipped with one great athletic play.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
(y) The only games I would thing we lose at this point are Clemson in Death Valley and Miami in Miami.
For sure Miami seems to have turned the corner under Richt -- wonder if Georgia misses him yet? -- and Clemson reportedly is two deep on both sides of the ball and is thinking playoff again. And we do not seem, historically, to play well there. But it's why they keep score.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
For sure Miami seems to have turned the corner under Richt -- wonder if Georgia misses him yet? -- and Clemson reportedly is two deep on both sides of the ball and is thinking playoff again. And we do not seem, historically, to play well there. But it's why they keep score.
UGAG will be missing Richt when they start thinking about firing him in 2018 for underachieving.(y)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I still think turnover margin is the biggest stat that matters.
+4 W
-1 W
0 W
-3 L
+1 L
-2 L
+2 W
-4 W
-1 W
-1 L
+3 W
-1 L
-1 L
0 W
0 W
+1 W
+2 W
+2 W
-3 L
0 L
+5 W
+1 W
+1 W
+1 W
+1 W
-1 L
+1 W
+2 W
+1 W
+1 L
+1 L
-2 L
+2 L
-2 L
-1 W
-1 L
-1 L
-4 L
-3 L
+2 W
-2 W
0 W
0 L
-3 L
+1 L
0 W
+1 W
-2 L
+3 W
+3 W
0 W
+1 W
-2 L
-2 or worse = 2-10
-1 = 3-6
0 = 6-2
+1 = 9-4
+2 or better = 10-1

We have won 5 games total when we have lost the turnover battle since Ted Roof has been our DC. So 23.8% is my percentage.