680 The Fan, The Flagship Station???

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah all the 680 talking heads are now having to hedge their bets on Tech. They are beginning to think that the ultimate worst case scenario might just be a possibility. Tech beats Georgia and wins the ACC championship and goes to the final 4. Oh my God! That would wreck their world. You would be astonished how many of these douche bags would talk as if they had been Georgia Tech football fans forever and love Paul Johnson and his high tech offense. Screw the bastards!

GO Jackets!

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yesterday was a pretty good example of the crap we have to put up with. I was in the car, so feeling masochistic, I put 680 on. Afternoon drive (Chuck Oliver and Matt Chernoff) comes on at 3. At the top of their show they talk about the big games coming up for the locals this weekend...that would be UGA/Mizzou and Falcons/Bears. Any mention of Tech vs the reigning Coastal champs happening in midtown...none. No keys to the game, no breakdown of the matchups....nada.

Fast forward about an hour.....Chernoff says he is going to talk about something he had previously chosen not to discuss. He then starts discussing the students who got on the field to celebrate the Miami win. He and Oliver conclude that there wasn't anything really wrong with it, because being at Tech, these kids don't really have a lot of big wins to celebrate and therefore can be excused for being excited over a "marginal win". This transitions into a discussion of how due to a lack of alumni numbers locally, and a lack of passion among the fan base, Tech can never hope to consistently fill BDS. Oliver adds an anecdote about a Tech couple he knows who only go to one game a year....in context this is portrayed as the rule instead of the exception. The discussion then morphs into talking about that facebook poll that places Tech in 4th place among local fans behind UGA, bammer and the Barn. All told, this went on about ten minutes and accounted for more airtime than Tech football has gotten on that show in a year. The problem was it was nothing about football...just a patronizing pat on the head for those poor Tech fans getting excited about beating Miami followed by more and more reasons that Tech is uncool and not the place to be for sidewalk fans.

**Note to Chernoff: Just because you say the words "This is not a jab or swipe at the Tech fan base" does not mean you are absolved for all that follows. It was a jab/swipe and your half-hearted caveat pretty much proves that.

MBob was due on later for his contractually obligated appearance on the "flagship". I didn't get to hear that part, but I had vivid fantasies of him just lighting in to them like I wanted to.

And just so everyone knows, in the middle of this spiel, I picked up the cell and called. Was told by the screener/producer that they weren't taking calls that hour.

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yesterday was a pretty good example of the crap we have to put up with. I was in the car, so feeling masochistic, I put 680 on. Afternoon drive (Chuck Oliver and Matt Chernoff) comes on at 3. At the top of their show they talk about the big games coming up for the locals this weekend...that would be UGA/Mizzou and Falcons/Bears. Any mention of Tech vs the reigning Coastal champs happening in midtown...none. No keys to the game, no breakdown of the matchups....nada.

Fast forward about an hour.....Chernoff says he is going to talk about something he had previously chosen not to discuss. He then starts discussing the students who got on the field to celebrate the Miami win. He and Oliver conclude that there wasn't anything really wrong with it, because being at Tech, these kids don't really have a lot of big wins to celebrate and therefore can be excused for being excited over a "marginal win". This transitions into a discussion of how due to a lack of alumni numbers locally, and a lack of passion among the fan base, Tech can never hope to consistently fill BDS. Oliver adds an anecdote about a Tech couple he knows who only go to one game a year....in context this is portrayed as the rule instead of the exception. The discussion then morphs into talking about that facebook poll that places Tech in 4th place among local fans behind UGA, bammer and the Barn. All told, this went on about ten minutes and accounted for more airtime than Tech football has gotten on that show in a year. The problem was it was nothing about football...just a patronizing pat on the head for those poor Tech fans getting excited about beating Miami followed by more and more reasons that Tech is uncool and not the place to be for sidewalk fans.

**Note to Chernoff: Just because you say the words "This is not a jab or swipe at the Tech fan base" does not mean you are absolved for all that follows. It was a jab/swipe and your half-hearted caveat pretty much proves that.

MBob was due on later for his contractually obligated appearance on the "flagship". I didn't get to hear that part, but I had vivid fantasies of him just lighting in to them like I wanted to.

And just so everyone knows, in the middle of this spiel, I picked up the cell and called. Was told by the screener/producer that they weren't taking calls that hour.
Wow. Just wow.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

That sucks

Goldisbest

Georgia Tech Fan
I was surprised to hear some positive GT comments on Monday. Chris Dimino said that Justin Thomas was better than Hutson Mason and another guy on there admitted that Thomas was better within "that system". The discussion was about UGA's issues at quarterback.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I heard late last night on 92.9 The Game... I cant remember the guys name... But hes the one that "cares" about EVERYTHING. Talks and talks and talks about Ray Rice constantly and still believes people want to hear about it. Basically throwing stones out of his glass house. Anyways he said he didnt even feel Tech had a chance to make the playoff if we went undefeated. Just because the teams we play suck so bad this year. No mention of how awful UGags schedule is this year. We play Clemson just like they did... except we have to face the freshman phenom. We also have to play Ugag the supposed best team in the SEC SEC east. Who do they play?? Clemson and Auburn. Thats it. 2 games... just like us. Give me a break. They miss Bama,Ole miss,Miss St,TA&M, basically every team worth a damn in the SEC SEC. Yet they think a 2 maybe 3 loss Ugag team deserves to make the playoffs. Disgusting

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You have to be an idiot to hold that guys position. If we finish undefeated and beat FSU in the ACC Championship we are going to the 4 team playoff. Even a totally biased, SEC buffon should realize that. Whoever that guy is just displayed he does not know s*it about College Football or the new Playoff system.

Go Jackets!