680 The Fan, The Flagship Station???

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I work odd and variable hours on my job, much of it on the weekends. For that reason I can only listen to most of the games (not attend or watch on TV).

The 680 deal absolutely sucks and has from the get-go.

They cannot be the dwags' flagship and ours at the same time!! Even if they tried to be fair (which of course they are not), it amounts to a conflict of interest, at least in spirit if not in letter.

If I listen to the stream at work, I get a big yellow box full of dwag crap WHICH REGULARLY AND OFTEN DROPS THE STREAM. The stream dropped right before the winning FG in the VT game and I cannot help but wonder if that was no accident. IMG has dropped the feed to the stations in its network occasionally in the past, but not frequently and never the outright station broadcast itself.

If I try to listen to it on an actual radio, Heaven forbid. The signal is faint and weak as a kitten, as opposed to 106.7's booming FM signal.

Whoever is in charge of this made a very, very bad deal, from the standpoints of 1) team coverage; 2) fan support and loyalty, and 3) pure broadcast technology. This needs to be FIXED by first kickoff next year!!!!!!! :mad::rage::mad::rage::punch:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
1. Listening to sports talk radio, particularly in Atlanta, is an abject waste of time.
2. Isn't it about time for Steven "Steak" Shapiro to get s'canned again? One of the most talentless hacks in a medium that embraces talentless hacks.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Wait. Huh? 2live stews
Jon salley
Trip isenhour
Nomar
Charlie rymer
Soon to be david duval
Dennis scott
Jon barry
Cris cotter (used to tailgate next to him in the day)
Tech has some of the medias most prominent talking heads. What you are saying is off if i am reading you right. Techs problem is those guys need to prop the institute more than they do. Other than charlie and trip.
You forgot Tom Lugenbutt.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
92.9 pretty much sucks but its the only sports talk i listen too. It blows my mind that Steak is still on the air, unbelievable

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I guess 680 was the best deal we could get in the Atlanta radio market. That's too bad for us. Most all of the on air personalities in sports radio talk in the Atlanta market know practically nothing of Georgia Tech football, past, present or future. Most of them are from somewhere besides Atlanta and their knowledge of the game is so superficial that they can only relate to what they hear their cohearts spout. They talk the SEC and Georgia because that is what they hear when they go home and watch ESPN and dream of someday making the big jump to the National stage. Plus they all feel their market is Georgia football fans and as a Georgia football fan you have to put down Tech.

Tech's management should have someone monitor the station and grade their performance in respect to their comments about Georgia Tech. Develop some sort of grading system that would reward or punish the station based on the on the air treatment received. It really makes Bobinski and the President of the Institute look bad having the school represented by such a poor media outlet. Again, it's probably the best offer we could get but that does not mean we should not attempt to manage the relationship in such a way as to set goals with them to improve the overall coverage and image they project of our program.

It's like most things in modern day media. There is an agenda developed at the top and promoted among the employees and then rabidly dished out to the public so they can steer the low information crowd toward that agenda. In the end it is a small minded, poor performing enterprise that will eventually go out of business due to lack of interest and the movement of entertainment to other media platforms and outlets. It would behoove Tech to develop their own media enterprise and market it to their own fan base and alumni.

Go Jackets!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I don't see how yall listen to 680.
If y'all want some entertainment in the PM turn to the Paul Feinbaum show on 790. It's entertaining but sad at the same time to listen to the callers to that show with their obvious fetish for their favorite SEC team. I think we all personally know one or two people like these folks whose lives are so empty except for their team.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I guess that shows where he ranks.....
I was watching "The Experts" on ESPNU, and guess who was on the panel? Now that's rich. But what irked me is when they showed his "resume" while he was speaking, there was no mention of playing qb at GT. It used to be there. What gives? Is he ashamed of being associated with GT? That dude is a total douche bag to me now. Nothing he does or says is taken without contempt, scorn or ridicule.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If y'all want some entertainment in the PM turn to the Paul Feinbaum show on 790. It's entertaining but sad at the same time to listen to the callers to that show with their obvious fetish for their favorite SEC team. I think we all personally know one or two people like these folks whose lives are so empty except for their team.
The Paul Finebaum show is oddly entertaining. It is mega SEC overload but it is at such a ridiculous level it is kind of fun to listen to. Plus he takes a lot of calls and most of them sound like the most deep south redneck guys you can find.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
Chuck Oliver gave us 5 minutes a few hours ago. He said if we beat Miami then we could have a 9 win season. I try to be grateful for the 5 minutes. At least he wasn't negative.

Killer Bee

Georgia Tech Fan
92.9 talks GT a bit more now during the day (their morning show is trash, thanks to that one guy's annoying voice AND being a uga fan). 92.9 will probably be the official Falcons flagship next year, and I wish GT would jump too, since the radio station has a stronger signal and is a few blocks away from campus. We really need some diehard Tech alums on Atlanta sports radio, or we'll continue to be drowned out by the pups.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes be thankful for the small crum from the Great King of College Football. Chuck supposedly went to Auburn (doubt he graduated) but roots for Georgia because he thinks that gives him more street cred with the common man. Both my young nephews know more about college football than Chuck. He and Matt are like the nerds in high school that never got a date and never made the team but want you to think they are a Big Man on Campus. Pitiful is my best description for both. In the same category as John Kincaide.

Go Jackets!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like Kincaid a lot more than upchuck n jerkoff.....he isn't really into college football much..and not very knowledgeable on football in general...but not a tool like the other 2 IMO

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Dukes & Bell regularly discuss Tech. Support Them ..
& people crapped on the Stews but Ryan would ride HARD for GT, more than anybody else on radio.
I enjoy Dukes and Bell. They give more balanced coverage to GT than any of the local guys I've heard.