680 has a breaking announcement coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasBuzzFan

Georgia Tech Fan
A couple of things to think about with this rumor.
1)The person that supposedly sat next to KW's wife just happens to be good enough friends with chernoff and Fenerin and text them both
2) why would KW's wife not be sitting with KW?
3) why would she just randomly tell someone that information?
4) Did GT tell him if he doesn't agree to the job now, his wife will have to fly back in coach all by herself? Lol
Things that make you wonder

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
You forgot one. G. Collins supposedly has been campaigning for the job for years.

I said it before, I'll say it again and I'll keep having to say it .. journalism is ded. They should call it something else now.

Isn’t it just called Tweeting or blogging now?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think it is possible (likely, perhaps) that TStan has been thinking about who he would like have as HC if Johnson left. Maybe he thought about that as he was be hired as AD. If so, this search (at least in his head) did not begin last week. Executives like to have plans, so it would not surprise me in the least if TStan had an idea about what he would do in this scenario.

As for the KW interview, I would have been surprised if that had not happened. My guess is that contacts with likely candidates has taken place even if the Twitternet doesn't know about them yet.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If TStan wanted to hire KW but was afraid how it might go over with the fans (poorly), he might have the flagship station leak the "news" of the offer so that he could gauge the likely reaction if he went with KW. Since 680 is our "flagship," TStan throws them a bone with the "leak" and they get good traffic today. This is about what happened with Schiano at Tennessee last year, but the fans there went even more nuts than us.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
1)The person that supposedly sat next to KW's wife just happens to be good enough friends with chernoff and Fenerin and text them both
4) Did GT tell him if he doesn't agree to the job now, his wife will have to fly back in coach all by herself? Lol

Yeah, I've wondered all this, too. Besides, if any of US were sitting on a plane next to a 50-ish year old lady, would any of US recognize KW's wife?

Come, on, I just can't believe any of this can be true.

Everyone speculating on what happened with Satterfield, etc. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm just going to have to go back to the old Jim Mora Sr quote: "You think you know, but you just don't know." Let's stop throwing this "cronyism!" shade at TS until we know for sure Whisenhunt's been hired and that's exactly what's happened. Trust me - I'll be the first in line to openly question TS if he only talked to Whisenhunt and hired him on the spot, but until we know that's what happened let's not drag him out to be tarred and feathered ... especially since nobody's been hired, yet.

:smuggrin:

Animal02

Banned
The only valid point is #2. Hell, I love it when I don't have to sit next to the family when travelling....much more peaceful:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sure that @stech81 can answer that original question about why KW's wife wouldn't be sitting with him. ;)

The flight was from Pittsburgh to LA at Midnight? how does Chernoff know a guy (presumably in 1st class) on flight from Pittsburgh to LA? Unlikely. Also, Dan Wolken was the guy leaking the Schiano stuff early for Tenn AD. He tweeted "Ken Whisenhunt has been interviewed" early Monday. Then he tweeted at 7:55 am that "TStan is on my flight to NY" I tweeted back asking when and where this interview took place after the Steelers game and before the am flight to NY. he did not respond. he screwed up by tweeting about Tstan on the flight. Would TStan have a phone interview at midnight for the biggest hire of his career and make the offer without a face to face? None of this adds up.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
The flight was from Pittsburgh to LA at Midnight? how does Chernoff know a guy (presumably in 1st class) on flight from Pittsburgh to LA? Unlikely. Also, Dan Wolken was the guy leaking the Schiano stuff early for Tenn AD. He tweeted "Ken Whisenhunt has been interviewed" early Monday. Then he tweeted at 7:55 am that "TStan is on my flight to NY" I tweeted back asking when and where this interview took place after the Steelers game and before the am flight to NY. he did not respond. he screwed up by tweeting about Tstan on the flight. Would TStan have a phone interview at midnight for the biggest hire of his career and make the offer without a face to face? None of this adds up.

Pretty sure NFL teams charter their flights, as well. Plausible, I suppose, that KW caught a separate flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta instead of flying back with the team. Still supposes that he was offered before even interviewing. I am not putting much stock into this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.