680 has a breaking announcement coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t hear it, but a buddy told me it was Brian Finneran saying he’s got a source. He’s the only one reporting this right?

Funny thing these days, you don’t have to have any reliable info to report a story. This sort of thing would have been a black eye on a reporter years ago. Now it doesn’t matter if he’s right or wrong, but they can still call it a huge announcement.

Edit: if he’s wrong, that is

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Still doesn't explain or justify not even contacting high profile and interested candidates.

We don't know who was contacted. Both sides have an interest in not letting things leak. Coaches don't want their players thinking they are leaving until discussions get serious. GT doesn't want it publicly known that someone turned them down. Again, if TStan really did just offer KW the job without talking to anyone, then it is absolute incompetent malpractice by the AD. But I can't say that is what happened because I don't know.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wow Todd has dropped a warm turd on us. I get there's a friendship there but our fb program is in a critical spot, don't have time for inside crony hires. Tony Elliot - interested, claims never contacted. Scott Satterfield - interested, claimed never contacted. Whiz - quoted as marginally interested, offered before any other interviews given. Priority time made for college football playoff and Hall of fame meetings. C'mon man!

You forgot one. G. Collins supposedly has been campaigning for the job for years.

Didn’t hear it, but a buddy told me it was Brian Finneran saying he’s got a source. He’s the only one reporting this right?

Funny thing these days, you don’t have to have any reliable info to report a story. This sort of thing would have been a black eye on a reporter years ago. Now it doesn’t matter if he’s right or wrong, but they can still call it a huge announcement.

I said it before, I'll say it again and I'll keep having to say it .. journalism is ded. They should call it something else now.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
We don't know who was contacted. Both sides have an interest in not letting things leak. Coaches don't want their players thinking they are leaving until discussions get serious. GT doesn't want it publicly known that someone turned them down. Again, if TStan really did just offer KW the job without talking to anyone, then it is absolute incompetent malpractice by the AD. But I can't say that is what happened because I don't know.

Both Satterfield and Elliot have said GT has not contacted them. Next time I hire someone I'm gonna try out this method and see if I can keep my job

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Both Satterfield and Elliot have said GT has not contacted them. Next time I hire someone I'm gonna try out this method and see if I can keep my job
They wouldn't say anything to jeopardise their current situation in case they were not offered the job. These things need to be done in private to avoid the Tenn debacle.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
They wouldn't say anything to jeopardise their current situation in case they were not offered the job. These things need to be done in private to avoid the Tenn debacle.

Yes, just because someone says they weren't contacted doesn't mean that their agent wasn't contacted to gauge interest. Very possible Satterfield preferred Louisville. They do have money and no academic restrictions. Elliott? Who knows?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Completely disgusted by this. If we considered a range of good candidates for the position and settled on CKW as the best option, then fine, maybe. But to only interview one candidate, whose resume is very lacking in relevant experience compared to other interested candidates... To offer that person a job based largely on personal connections...

IMHO, this is a fireable offense for TStan. If my boss tasked me with filling a position and I only interviewed my college roommate. Who's a smart guy, but his experience is in a different industry. We'd both be out on the street Monday.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Saterfield already came to terms with Louisville. He was probably out from the start. We can’t afford to get in a bidding war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Completely disgusted by this. If we considered a range of good candidates for the position and settled on CKW as the best option, then fine, maybe. But to only interview one candidate, whose resume is very lacking in relevant experience compared to other interested candidates... To offer that person a job based largely on personal connections...

IMHO, this is a fireable offense for TStan. If my boss tasked me with filling a position and I only interviewed my college roommate. Who's a smart guy, but his experience is in a different industry. We'd both be out on the street Monday.

Just disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

This is the issue.

If he got in front of a bank of candidates and thought, "Ya know what, KW provides the best vision moving forward."

I think we'd all be fine with that. However, that's clearly not what happened. It was more like, "Ayo Whizz, 'member that one time at that sorority party? I had that boss member's only jacket, amirite!? Obtw, wanna be my coach?"

party-animals.gif

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Some of ya'll need to take Interpreting all the BS Uttered When Hiring a New Head Coach 101. Lesson 1: anyone with a job denies contact, and they do that truthfully, because the contact comes through their agent or another third party SPECIFICALLY SO THEY CAN TRUTHFULLY DENY CONTACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.