680 has a breaking announcement coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Think about it guys. The source said KW's wife told him that on the flight home from the Steelers game. That would mean that he was offered prior to even interviewing. And she's just going to be chatting it up with some random dude on a plane? Where was Whiz? In the bathroom? Do NFL teams even fly commercial?

I don't buy it. My pitchforks are ready, but I am holding off on pulling them out until we have better information than that.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
This is the issue.

If he got in front of a bank of candidates and thought, "Ya know what, KW provides the best vision moving forward."

I think we'd all be fine with that. However, that's clearly not what happened. It was more like, "Ayo Whizz, 'member that one time at that sorority party? I had that boss member's only jacket, amirite!? Obtw, wanna be my coach?"

party-animals.gif

Man you guys are really taking some vague rumors (which we have no idea how correct they are) and filling in all kinds of blanks. Can we please all take a deep breath and let this thing play out a little?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is the issue.

If he got in front of a bank of candidates and thought, "Ya know what, KW provides the best vision moving forward."

I think we'd all be fine with that. However, that's clearly not what happened. It was more like, "Ayo Whizz, 'member that one time at that sorority party? I had that boss member's only jacket, amirite!? Obtw, wanna be my coach?"

party-animals.gif

More like:

TStan: Yo Whiz...this is the first big hire of my AD career, and there's no other big jobs available to take the eyeballs away from me. HELP ME...you have "NFL" next to your name...

Whiz: Dude, seriously, it's like Calc class again before every big test we had. I let you cheat off me in college, now you want to use my resume to cheat for your career?

TStan: But GT bros, and NFL, and all that Canadian maple syrup my mom gave you...

Whiz: Geez, Stansbury...ok, start letting your media friends know...

TStan: I owe you big time...

Whiz: $4 million/per year with a 10% increase every year, self renews for an extra 2 years at the end of every year...

TStan: OMG, that's a steal...DONE DONE DONE...wait here, Ken, it's gonna happen...GT Bros are back!

Whiz: Yo, Stansbury, you may want to check Twitter...

TStan: Nah man, no time, I've gone dark.

jacket71

Georgia Tech Fan
I support a search that is kept private. Having the media and fans critiquing every conversation, contact, and decision is not, IMHO, an effective way to find and hire the best candidate. Reports that some coaches have not been contacted may be true but none of these reports detail what contacts that have occurred with agents of coaches or that were made by representatives of GT that are not TStan.

Many of you disagree with my opinion and it is your right to do so. However, keeping the search professional and factual v listening to every media hack and alumnus is the proper way to proceed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man you guys are really taking some vague rumors (which we have no idea how correct they are) and filling in all kinds of blanks. Can we please all take a deep breath and let this thing play out a little?

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... but what do you think about the gif? Hilarious right?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I support a search that is kept private. Having the media and fans critiquing every conversation, contact, and decision is not, IMHO, an effective way to find and hire the best candidate. Reports that some coaches have not been contacted may be true but none of these reports detail what contacts that have occurred with agents of coaches or that were made by representatives of GT that are not TStan.

Many of you disagree with my opinion and it is your right to do so. However, keeping the search professional and factual v listening to every media hack and alumnus is the proper way to proceed.

I actually mightily agree with you.

That's why lots of us are going to have mud on our faces when TStan puts presser together to announce Sean McVay is leaving the LA Rams and coming home to coach GT.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t hear it, but a buddy told me it was Brian Finneran saying he’s got a source. He’s the only one reporting this right?

Funny thing these days, you don’t have to have any reliable info to report a story. This sort of thing would have been a black eye on a reporter years ago. Now it doesn’t matter if he’s right or wrong, but they can still call it a huge announcement.

Edit: if he’s wrong, that is

Well, these aren't reporters. These are sports radio yackers and hacks. There are no consequences to them getting something wrong.

MidnightJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I think leaks are an essential part of the coaching search. Obviously you don't want everything out there, but small leaks about who you're seriously considering and interviewing is important to get fan feedback. Tennessee went too far the otherway so you know how many coaches rejected them, but knowing ahead of time that the fans would absolutely reject someone like Schiano is important for an AD to know before the hire is finalized and people outright stop coming to games in protest.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I picked a bad time too stop sniffing glue , just pick a coach already I'm sure I can find something I can like about him. ( unless it's CKW)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We're used to expecting the worst. Until I officially hear Whisenhunt is not in consideration, I will continue to raise hell just in case.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It is the smart thing to do to keep everything silent. You don't want to end up with a decent coach but everyone knows he was tenth in line.

This is funny because you can actually say "Pastner" pretty easily while coughing.

Deleted member 2897

Saterfield already came to terms with Louisville. He was probably out from the start. We can’t afford to get in a bidding war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty, even though it wasn’t announced, I bet Satterfield had agreed to the job in principle before CPJ announced. So he probably couldn’t have spoken to us in good faith anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.