4th and Stewart

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Had 5 of my friends over last night all UGA homers and a Bama fan. Don't remember ever seeing a UGA so excited for GT other than that 4th down.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Rivals: Stewart's Big Moment

"We were just calling plays fast and we were in a hurry-up and that was something we practiced all week," Stewart said of the call. "Honestly I didn't even know it was fourth down. Justin (Thomas) called the play and I just said let's get it."

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Brad hasn't saw many passes his way all year. I bet it shocked the defender that the ball came his way in the manner it did.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
We run the Post-Wheel combo pretty regularly. I don't think what Stewart does here looks like our typical wheel route. Stewart here drives up, out, and then cuts hard back upfield.

The Post-Wheel works so well because it looks identical to how we typical block the Triple when facing a cover two or man defense - the A-back or slot receiver opens up and bends outside to replace the WR, who is aiming at the safety. Same basic thing as when we do Switch combo.
CPJ actually referred to this as a switch route in one of the post game interviews

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Taquon Marshall played at least one snap. I remember seeing both Marshals in the same camera shot at some point.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I think Lynch has great hands too. That FSU CB made a hell of a play getting his hand in there (and not unlike the play in the end zone made by Austin to knock out what I thought was a sure FSU TD reception and ended up a Golden INT).

I was looking at our season stats earlier. Lynch is quietly becoming a very good weapon at the AB spot.

Leading receiver rusher and receiver at the AB spot. #4 rusher on the team, and #2 in receiving yards on the team.

That one catch he dropped...well, he didn't really drop, he just got blasted by the defender. He'll learn to anticipate those licks, and hold on a little tighter.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Taquon Marshall played at least one snap. I remember seeing both Marshals in the same camera shot at some point.
You're probably right. The only time I saw him was during timeouts and post game celebration. He was dressed out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was looking at our season stats earlier. Lynch is quietly becoming a very good weapon at the AB spot.

Leading receiver rusher and receiver at the AB spot. #4 rusher on the team, and #2 in receiving yards on the team.

That one catch he dropped...well, he didn't really drop, he just got blasted by the defender. He'll learn to anticipate those licks, and hold on a little tighter.

+1 I thought Lynch was the best AB this week. I saw some great blocks by him when I watched the game a second time. That pass he"dropped" would have been a catch except for a great play by the FSU DB. Sometimes the other team's players make great plays too.

Look at Lynch's stats this year. rFr. Enjoy. http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/player/255/1063110/rushing/gamelog.html

Back to Stewart. That play was pivotal and he proved up to the moment. Great future for him. Most importantly, I saw a few plays where he took his man out. That is what we need.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the hit on Lynch was a good play by the defense, but man, you have to hang on to that football. Lynch was lazy with his hands and didn't bring it in tightly and quickly enough. Call me what you will, but CL has to make that play. He will tell you the same thing. He didn't see the hit coming and he was really soft with his hands.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think the hit on Lynch was a good play by the defense, but man, you have to hang on to that football. Lynch was lazy with his hands and didn't bring it in tightly and quickly enough. Call me what you will, but CL has to make that play. He will tell you the same thing. He didn't see the hit coming and he was really soft with his hands.
Jimmy Robinson had a terrific exercise for that quick catch and tuck. I don't recall him losing the ball after it hit his hands.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

It usually takes only one good lick like that for a receiver to learn ;) If you're get popped you might as well hang on, it's going to sting either way!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Willis can block and davis can run.

Going forwards just a little improvement in the other area and we got a winning backfield .