2nd best CB?

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Lynn Griffin is not playing because of Lynn Griffin. That's all there is to it. To the original OP, I thought Demond Smith played well today.

So what you're saying is if a kid makes a mistake and works his but to redeem himself he does not deserve another chance. Let's end it this way. You have your opinion which I will respect and you respect mine. Now lets move on to NCS.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
To the dog house comments, I don't really think Paul gets too involved with the defensive side of the ball until it is necessary like last week. I think people in the dog house on defense may be in roofs dog house or that would make sense to me. Hopefully Lynn gets on the field soon. I want whoever can help us win out on the field
The kid respects his coaches. He accepts responsibility for his actions but again I would like to see him on the field also. To be honest I think he is a safety. Just my opinion. Marco and I were talking and he seems to feel the same. But again neither of us are coaches just old pro ballers. Right now until Lynn gets more game expereince.Chris Milton is the man.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
So what you're saying is if a kid makes a mistake and works his but to redeem himself he does not deserve another chance. Let's end it this way. You have your opinion which I will respect and you respect mine. Now lets move on to NCS.

Do not reword other's arguments. Ask. I think he means that Lynn Griffin just isn't good enough. Lynn Griffin isn't playing because of Lynn Griffin.

thwgjacket

That's not what I said at all. LG made a mistake and I'm sure he has redeemed himself since he is still on the team. I played sports in college and professionally like yourself and I think we both know that on this level coaches play the best players. To insinuate otherwise would be a disparaging comment to Ted Roof. I 100% believe that LG is a great athlete and will be a great player for us. All I'm saying is if he was one of the best he would be on the field. Now if you're at practice everyday and LG is just destroying people on the field then by all means place blame on the staff. But if you're not at practice and I'm not at practice then I think it's safe to assume Roof would have the best players on the field.
LG has plenty of time, he is only a Sophomore. Forgive me if I'm coming off a little rude but it is perturbing when our D has a great day and the OP is about who our 2nd best corner is and then it morphs into a thread insinuating that our coaches wouldn't play the best players.
That's all I'm going to say on the issue. You're right, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
In 10 years on the GT boards I've found they're worse after a win than a loss.

Some folks are the worst at being gracious.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
That's not what I said at all. LG made a mistake and I'm sure he has redeemed himself since he is still on the team. I played sports in college and professionally like yourself and I think we both know that on this level coaches play the best players. To insinuate otherwise would be a disparaging comment to Ted Roof. I 100% believe that LG is a great athlete and will be a great player for us. All I'm saying is if he was one of the best he would be on the field. Now if you're at practice everyday and LG is just destroying people on the field then by all means place blame on the staff. But if you're not at practice and I'm not at practice then I think it's safe to assume Roof would have the best players on the field.
LG has plenty of time, he is only a Sophomore. Forgive me if I'm coming off a little rude but it is perturbing when our D has a great day and the OP is about who our 2nd best corner is and then it morphs into a thread insinuating that our coaches wouldn't play the best players.
That's all I'm going to say on the issue. You're right, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.
Brother It would take more than a few comments to hurt my feelings. Since your played pro ball then you should know we have had some harsh things said to us by our coaches, media, and teammates. Now to answer the question. Right now I feel that CM is the second best corner. I think LG is a safety. BTW. Who did you play for? Me I had stint at Buffalo and Carolina.

thwgjacket

Brother It would take more than a few comments to hurt my feelings. Since your played pro ball then you should know we have had some harsh things said to us by our coaches, media, and teammates. Now to answer the question. Right now I feel that CM is the second best corner. I think LG is a safety. BTW. Who did you play for? Me I had stint at Buffalo and Carolina.
My sport was Baseball, wasn't big enough for football. Mariners organization, didn't last long enough for 2 teams lol.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Do not reword other's arguments. Ask. I think he means that Lynn Griffin just isn't good enough. Lynn Griffin isn't playing because of Lynn Griffin.
Thanks for interpreting for the gentleman but next time get a little more insight before you rip off your next text. Understand that I don't ask Lynn for feedback on everything that's on and my conversation with former players and even coaches state that Lynn's suspension hurt him. You know who else comes up in the conversations? Dennis Andrews, Mike Summers, and Dominique Noble. I talk about Lynn on this site because not what he says but from what his coaches have stated. Johnson just made the state in recent interview. Accountability issues. In other words, can we trust him not to make the same mistake again. I hope Lynn's dad is ok with me sharing this but some of this has been in the paper:

Did you know that Lynn has been through the following during the last 12-15 months?

1. Mother underwent surgery for cancer
2. Sister almost died from a blood disorder. Suffered serious blood lost. collasped in public. Three surgeries later she is much better
3. Dad's eye sight is diminishing due to diabetes
4. Grandmother is in late stages of Parkinson Disease. Doctors just stated that there is nothing else they can do for her. Sometimes she knows who he is and sometimes she confuses him with someone else. Her Health is diminishing.
This on top of a recent suspension is alot for a kid but the kid has not complained, doesn't run down players or coaches, doesn't speak bad about the program or fans. One thing that everyone does see is the kid loves the game. When he has people like Lamar Owens or Chaplin Derrick Moore encouraging him he has shined. It's more than he is not the best player. He has a climb to prove that he should be on the field. He has to get to a place to understand that sometimes life happens but it has taken some time. He will be back on the field soon. I believe it. He went into the camp #1 and came out if tge camp #1. So maybe you can interpret this and develop a desire to pray for the young man. No need for a response if it is going to end up being a battle of words or opinions. If it going to lead to that then I concede now. You win!!!! Just agree to pray for the young man and when you see him, encourage him. Let's pray that his "Job" experience will be pushed behind him and he regains his confidence. I appreciate you being so passionate about this team and it's coaches. Go Jackets!!!!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
In reading some of the comments here, it becomes apparent that, we as fans, sometimes forget these young men has lives outside of the game. I'm as guilty as anyone in booing or fussing about bad plays/games but I try to never forget we're dealing with young men not unlike my own children. I hope some others on here come to that same realization sometime in their lives.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for interpreting for the gentleman but next time get a little more insight before you rip off your next text. Understand that I don't ask Lynn for feedback on everything that's on and my conversation with former players and even coaches state that Lynn's suspension hurt him. You know who else comes up in the conversations? Dennis Andrews, Mike Summers, and Dominique Noble. I talk about Lynn on this site because not what he says but from what his coaches have stated. Johnson just made the state in recent interview. Accountability issues. In other words, can we trust him not to make the same mistake again. I hope Lynn's dad is ok with me sharing this but some of this has been in the paper:

Did you know that Lynn has been through the following during the last 12-15 months?

1. Mother underwent surgery for cancer
2. Sister almost died from a blood disorder. Suffered serious blood lost. collasped in public. Three surgeries later she is much better
3. Dad's eye sight is diminishing due to diabetes
4. Grandmother is in late stages of Parkinson Disease. Doctors just stated that there is nothing else they can do for her. Sometimes she knows who he is and sometimes she confuses him with someone else. Her Health is diminishing.
This on top of a recent suspension is alot for a kid but the kid has not complained, doesn't run down players or coaches, doesn't speak bad about the program or fans. One thing that everyone does see is the kid loves the game. When he has people like Lamar Owens or Chaplin Derrick Moore encouraging him he has shined. It's more than he is not the best player. He has a climb to prove that he should be on the field. He has to get to a place to understand that sometimes life happens but it has taken some time. He will be back on the field soon. I believe it. He went into the camp #1 and came out if tge camp #1. So maybe you can interpret this and develop a desire to pray for the young man. No need for a response if it is going to end up being a battle of words or opinions. If it going to lead to that then I concede now. You win!!!! Just agree to pray for the young man and when you see him, encourage him. Let's pray that his "Job" experience will be pushed behind him and he regains his confidence. I appreciate you being so passionate about this team and it's coaches. Go Jackets!!!!
You guys excuse my errors. Didn't proof read. Looking around for my English professor Mr Hightower. Lol lol.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Be patient Leonard, and preach that to Lynn as well. Next year he will have his shot to shine at safety. We're all pulling for him! More importantly than anything stay on him about getting his degree

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
In reading some of the comments here, it becomes apparent that, we as fans, sometimes forget these young men has lives outside of the game. I'm as guilty as anyone in booing or fussing about bad plays/games but I try to never forget we're dealing with young men not unlike my own children. I hope some others on here come to that same realization sometime in their lives.
You a man
Be patient Leonard, and preach that to Lynn as well. Next year he will have his shot to shine at safety. We're all pulling for him! More importantly than anything stay on him about getting his degree

Brother that is first. He knows that. As a matter of fact he received a reward for obtaining a 3.0 last semester. As far preaching, It's more encouring and I do that for Lynn and any other young man i meet who is going through a tough time. Thanks for the device to be patient but I am that. Please don't confuse my passion to see him play with the lack of patience. He will be ok. Thanks for taking time out to respond.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
You the man!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You guys excuse my errors. Didn't proof read. Looking around for my English professor Mr Hightower. Lol lol.

Don't worry about typos here. That's a heavy slate for any young man to deal with. Hope it gets better. Hope your health situation's improving as well, by the way.