2nd best CB?

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
We all know DJ White is our best CB, maybe even the best DB we have, but who do you guys think is number 2?

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Idk but what the hell happened to Lynn Griffin??
I have the same question. I just don't get it. He goes from a starter to not playing? I am not buying the lack of consistency or need game rep excuses. Practice and game reps are completely different. He needs to be on the field. One coach told me he needs to cover the long ball better but other than DJ who has. To be honest, the way he hits he needs to be a safety. Not discrediting any other player but Lynn needs to be on tbe field. Last year he had the longest returns on kickoffs but he is no longer on the depth chart. I was told because of the dropped ball in the Clemson game but multiple players had drops. The suspension really hurt him. I guess he has to continue to work to get on the field. He believes in his coaches but at some point any kid will become discouraged. Ok I am done with my venting. Lol.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I want Griffin back on the field too. If not at corner, at the nickel spot. He's one of the top athletes on the team, IMO.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Perkins managed. And Perkins is a real good kid. I'm not sure if Perk was really in the dog house but coach has high expectations on kids. Or so it seems to me. And if you foul up and aren't the only option, play time will decrease. I like Lynn G a lot and have from day one. I agree he is physical and athletic and we need more if both in our secondary. I think safety is his more natural position also and expect him to take IJs spot next year. Just my guess.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I said it last year, and I'll say it again. If you display an attitude of knowing better than your coach, it won't help even when you're right. Those with influence in a kid's life should encourage them to put team first, buckle down and trust the system.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I agree for the most part AE...because I trust our coaches. It's a lot to ask for from a kids family though, or near family in this case. Nothing comes before my family and kids...nothing.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We gave lots of reps to Step and Austin - hope griffin gets in on NCS as we need to have our max DB effort in second half of Nov. Can't count on this many dropped passes then.
For sure we need to get pressure!

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I said it last year, and I'll say it again. If you display an attitude of knowing better than your coach, it won't help even when you're right. Those with influence in a kid's life should encourage them to put team first, buckle down and trust the system.
Everything that I post is from my point of view. I always encourage the young man to work hard and wait for his chance to perform. I also commend him for his attitude to support his team mates. It seems that you may have taken my post wrong.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Everything that I post is from my point of view. I always encourage the young man to work hard and wait for his chance to perform. I also commend him for his attitude to support his team mates. It seems that you may have taken my post wrong.
Lynn never expressed an attitude towards his coaches. He is always positive. Even in his limited role.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I really was impressed with LG after his incident earlier this year. He was accountable and mature about it IMO. We all screw up. How one handles said screw up is what truly shows character. So I like him in this regard outside of his playing ability. And I happen to think he has a high ceiling in the play making department. Looking forward to seeing him more.

thwgjacket

Lynn Griffin is not playing because of Lynn Griffin. That's all there is to it. To the original OP, I thought Demond Smith played well today.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lynn Griffin is not playing because of Lynn Griffin. That's all there is to it. To the original OP, I thought Demond Smith played well today.

I guess. You talkin' because of the suspension?

Still though, not many in our secondary are playing at a level where they're untouchable. LG should be on the field in some capacity. As has been said, he's one of the best athletes on the team. He can't possibly be messing up more than others.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
To the dog house comments, I don't really think Paul gets too involved with the defensive side of the ball until it is necessary like last week. I think people in the dog house on defense may be in roofs dog house or that would make sense to me. Hopefully Lynn gets on the field soon. I want whoever can help us win out on the field