28 - 27 Final !!!!!!!! GT BEATS UGA Postgame Comments

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I spent the day working with a plumber to deal with a major blockage in our drainpipes. The TV was on in the background, and @YJAlleyCat was upstairs listening on the radio, but I had little or no opportunity to catch any game details (aside from the occasional positive or negative screeches coming from upstairs). I did get to see the final INT that settled the game.

Can't wait to watch the replay. Thank God for DVRs.

Go Jackets - THWG ! ! !! !!! !!!!! !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Bonus geek points to anyone who can deduce the correct number of exclamation points that should come next in the sequence above.)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I spent the day working with a plumber to deal with a major blockage in our drainpipes. The TV was on in the background, and @YJAlleyCat was upstairs listening on the radio, but I had little or no opportunity to catch any game details (aside from the occasional positive or negative screeches coming from upstairs). I did get to see the final INT that settled the game.

Can't wait to watch the replay. Thank God for DVRs.

Go Jackets - THWG ! ! !! !!! !!!!! !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Bonus geek points to anyone who can deduce the correct number of exclamation points that should come next in the sequence above.)

34. Fibonacci sequence I assume.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
- Smart play by Qua to not force the throw. How many times have we seen our non-QBs force a pass only for it to get intercepted?

-Defense continuing to give us fans heartburn.

-Scratch my head play calls in the 3rd, got the win so can't really complain.

-GREAT game by Gamble. Dude is the unsung and underappreciated guy on defense this season.

-Brad Stewart redemption catch! Zapruder that!

-One bowl win from 9wins this year!

Oh...and WE RUN THIS STATE!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yea, Ted Roof has evened the score vs. Georgia since coming back. And no shortage of big plays from the D.

As CPJ said about the whole team, it ain't always pretty, but they play hard and don't give up.

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
What a game. Paul called a great game 1st half and our D was getting destroyed. Fumbled turned the tides 2nd half and offense looked bad but defense played great holding them to FGs and getting a few stops. Give some credit to Roof there.

JT 2-1 as starter against UGA. Sometimes he does too much but the dude just has a will to win. His passing ability has given our offense a much needed dynamic that has gotten us a few extra wins during his career.

Qua played probably his best game as a Jacket. Some great runs, great catches, a GREAT block on the long Marshall run and of course The Leap!

Lynch was Lynch. Made plays as usual even if overshadowed by Qua.

Both BB's played good and each made big plays. Enough of the who's better and who should start crap. Great team win when all of us lost faith.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
If you had told me that the mutts would have more rushing yards than us, I would've thought there's no way we win. Glad that wasn't the case.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I love our program.
I'm so glad we get the kids we get, stayed hungry and humble all day and snatched Victory from the jaws of defeat.
The UGA players laughing and smiling on the sideline before we got the interception says it all, hope they laugh all the way home with that FAT L.
Also...
WE RUN THIS STATE!!!!
To
Hell
With
Georgia...
Let's get 9 wins!!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
How can a team that is hobbled by high academic standards with a horrible DC, mediocre HC, horrible recruiting, etc beat a team of four and five star athletes? We're Ga Tech, we can do that!
You forgot to include the part about the fans wearing the wrong shade of gold in your list.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Several calls I would not have made on offense but Searcy made a great play for the win. Defense played well when considering we didn't have a defensive player who would have started for UGA. Great win for us period.

slugboy

Staff member
Several calls I would not have made on offense but Searcy made a great play for the win. Defense played well when considering we didn't have a defensive player who would have started for UGA. Great win for us period.

I think a lot of UGa (sic) fans would gladly swap secondaries with us. And we have some good young guys on the line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk