28 - 27 Final !!!!!!!! GT BEATS UGA Postgame Comments

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When Butker kicked the field goal, it felt like it came right at me

When mills bulled into endzone, I am glad he dint come right at me.

That was a substitution that paid off.

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
How can a team that is hobbled by high academic standards with a horrible DC, mediocre HC, horrible recruiting, etc beat a team of four and five star athletes? We're Ga Tech, we can do that!

What a great win!!
I agree with all, but I don't know about a horrible DC, maybe average, but I think our HC is much above mediocre. He may be unappreciated, but with all the other obstacles that we do have he gives us a chance most every game and wins a good bit more than he loses.
Congrats to all the players, coaches and staff! What a great day! THWG!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to our players and coaches. I have enjoyed my time here for the most part but some here are just too much to tolerate. I will continue being a yellow jacket fan but this place is getting intolerable.
Now, now. That's the internets for you: they give everyone a splendid opportunity to act like either a) fools (much the majority) or b) a-holes. This forum actually polices itself pretty well, imho. Don't give up on us.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe the Karma has turned with the hiring of Smart. The way the game went was the kind of thing that usually happens to us against them. Tipped pass interception in clutch time. Semi-busted play but a great athlete finds a way to get to the end zone. I

didn't quit watching, but I came very close. Was just too depressed to find something else to do.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I was sure we'd lose as soon as we gave them the ball back down 13. Defense was clutch. The Austin twins are everything that is great about tech football. They might be a few inches too short but they make up for that with heart.

Even with the ups and downs of this season, if someone told me at the beginning of the season we'd be 8-4 with wins over VPI and UGA , I'd have been alright with that. Win the bowl game and finish 9-4 and this season is historically good.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the Karma has turned with the hiring of Smart. The way the game went was the kind of thing that usually happens to us against them. Tipped pass interception in clutch time. Semi-busted play but a great athlete finds a way to get to the end zone. I

didn't quit watching, but I came very close. Was just too depressed to find something else to do.
Yes, it did feel like a reversal of the usual script. Maybe the pressure in this game will begin to shift over to Athens State.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I was sure we'd lose as soon as we gave them the ball back down 13. Defense was clutch. The Austin twins are everything that is great about tech football. They might be a few inches too short but they make up for that with heart.

Even with the ups and downs of this season, if someone told me at the beginning of the season we'd be 8-4 with wins over VPI and UGA , I'd have been alright with that. Win the bowl game and finish 9-4 and this season is historically good.
Agree on all counts.