-26 against bowling green....?

Do we cover 26 points???

• Total voters

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
well we beat alcorn state by like 6 TDs and BG is supposedly worse, right?
Absolutely not. Bowling green would still beat alcorn by 14-18 points. That spread would probably open at -13 through -16. Bowling green is bad, but not alcorn bad. I think we are still hoping we aren't this bad... we will see Saturday

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I bet on a game if the line is good. 14 for a good miami team is solid. 17 for a mediocre Louisville isnt a good bet. If you gave me 10, sure because I think they win by 14-20. Yet, 17 leaves me little room for error. I'd have to think Louisville wins by 25+ to consider taking 17. I have to think a spread is off by a full touchdown before I take it.

Like this past week idiot vegas put buffalo as only a -5 favorite overRutgers. I pounded that. Look how that turned out.

If I get a great line I take it. If Louisville is set at -4 through -7 I'll take Louisville because I believe they win by 14-20, 14 being my basis for betting.
I dont make bets where I see it's a chance for a backdooe cover or something dumb.
I'll give you Louisville -10.5, loser banned from the site until end of season.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha how about we wait till the real line comes out, and if its 11 and under I take it where it's at?
Why give you 10.5 if I could possibly get 1-10lolol
Because you have consistently said you think Louisville wins by 14-20. Back up your prediction with something.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Lol and I will come the week of. I have said before, as of now we don't look like we can beat anyone.
I'm saying I dont expect much from this team. This qb situation might be the worst this school has seen. I actually would rather have reggie ball right now. About the same accuracy lol

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I was encouraged by his throw on the run. Sadly marshall couldn't make that throw if he tried. Marshall truly looks like a running back trying to throw. We need to sit searcy and have Cotrell marshall and lynch as our 3 top a backs. Make changes! Otherwise continue to see what's happened. I dont trust cpj has the willingness to make changes to see if they work.
Agree !

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
BG is not good. The line is about right.

I know you guys are all about to jump off a cliff, but VT just lost to Old Dominion and Louisville just got completely destroyed by Virginia. There are opportunities for wins on our schedule.
I am not ready to jump off a cliff. Worse than that , I am heading to "Don't give a S--T " ......

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
So the sharps picked us to outscore BG by 4 TDs with two missed XPs? Sounds about right....

Seriously, BG is a BAD team. Sagarin has them ranked 163rd currently. (GT is 59th) We should beat them pretty handily. I wouldn't be shocked if the margin isn't larger, as I think the guys are gonna take their frustrations out on them next Saturday...

Not to be a pessimist, but ODU is only ranked 10 spots above BG, and that’s after beating VT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, we might cover because BG has not properly prepared for our offense but no way do I give up those points on a bet, not with this team and with the injuries on the oline.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think the oline is done with Johnson, half of them cant stand to be around him on the sidelines. It looks like he expects a lot more out of them than they can physically do. They aren't the worlds most gifted oline... a decently athletic defensive line should get penetration on this oline..
Well … if you watch the sidelines, you'll see that the players are typically grouped around the main assistants who have responsibility for their area. The OL tends to be seen to by Sewak, the QB/BB by Candero and so on. Same for the D. Woody is on the sidelines usually, just like Coach. I might add that that is SOP for most coaching staffs: the head coach has better things to do with his time then get around players who need special advice. What Coach and Woody do is call the team together on the field before they go on and at time outs to pass on whatever orders/advice they have.

I wonder what you would have made of Bobby Dodd. He came to the games in a full business suit and hat, went to the card table they set up for him behind the bench, and sat there for most of the game, letting his assistants run things. And when he got up everybody in the stadium paid attention. But no rah-rah from him either.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Because you have consistently said you think Louisville wins by 14-20. Back up your prediction with something.

Lol. It is pretty weak sauce for boger2337 to come on here and talk trash that we will lose by 14-20 and then not even agree to take a bet at 10.5. If you really believe Tech stinks that bad, back it up. If you don't, maybe consider not being so extreme with your posts. Just my two cents.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
On all this move TaQuon to AB stuff:

There's a reason why the O is having trouble adjusting. Two words: Kirvontae Benson. With him to keep the middle occupied, TM had better lanes to run the ball and more time to set up. Without him, it has been difficult. We are now in the middle of on-the-job training for two BBs who still aren't blocking as well as they should. By the end of the season, they'll be just fine, but right now … well, they need work.

TaQuon is still our best bet at QB and will look better as the BBs get more game experience. If one of them could take the job over, it would be nice. But I admit that he might lose that job to Tobias if the others don't develop more quickly.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Lol. It is pretty weak sauce for boger2337 to come on here and talk trash that we will lose by 14-20 and then not even agree to take a bet at 10.5. If you really believe Tech stinks that bad, back it up. If you don't, maybe consider not being so extreme with your posts. Just my two cents.

Lol ooookay. Do you think we beat Louisville? Would you make a bet one way or another?
I think it's fair to say let the line speak, I'll take what vegas gives me.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

So you bet on every belief you have? That's just dumb. I have 15 bets I want to make every week on college football. I narrow then down to 5. This would be a top 15 at -10.5, but I'd have to see how we react to bowling green. Why would I take -10.5 when injuries can happen. That's like the idiots who bet on the 1st week of football in june or July lololol