2024 Season

THWG

Helluva Engineer
quite a few

A lot of new players. I had not seen the Trey Yunger pickup yet. Our offense is going to be absolutely loaded again and all of the transfer additions look to be good to great fielders too.

Hopefully the rotation can get figured out between Patel, Hill, McGuire, Schmolke, and Finateri with Busse, Jones, and Brown holding down the back of the pen.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
A lot of new players. I had not seen the Trey Yunger pickup yet. Our offense is going to be absolutely loaded again and all of the transfer additions look to be good to great fielders too.

Hopefully the rotation can get figured out between Patel, Hill, McGuire, Schmolke, and Finateri with Busse, Jones, and Brown holding down the back of the pen.
I'm thinking they might try moving Busse into the starting rotation. I know they experimented with it midseason last year, but I think they may want to try it at the beginning of this season. Of course that will come down to the evaluations made by our new pitching coach.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
quite a few

Wow, that showed 22.

And this article shows 26 newcomers! And 40 roster limit. https://ramblinwreck.com/baseball-welcomes-highly-touted-newcomers-in-2023/

With football ****ed for this year, I'll probably start looking at the new guys and link up the roster. Will be interesting to see who starts / plays in the fall scrimmage games. As we've seen in the past, class ranking do not correlate well with season wins. Maybe through flukiness that will change this year. The Orioles are AL East Champs so anything can happen.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No place good to put this but relevant I think. Given college baseball is less popular than MLB, this confirms the low attendance at most college baseball games. Including ours.

"Indeed, for adults aged 18-29, the rankings for most popular sports to watch in the Washington Post poll were as follows: football (20%), basketball (17%), competitive video gaming (14%), soccer (13%), baseball and auto racing (7%)."

And I may watch the World Series if it goes to 7 games .......

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
A D1Baseball interview with Coach Hall on the upcoming season:

Took some notes, but there are probably others that will be more efficient at getting a synopsis out than I...

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Any summary or hint for those of us without an IG account?
There was a lot so here we go.

Drew Burress is obviously a well known baseball player and not only by Tech fans, but he’s also really smart and is looking to get his degree in 3 years. No GT baseball player has ever accomplished that.

•If the season starting today, the starting infield would be Giesler at 1st, Becchetti at 2nd, Green at SS, and Jaros/Diamant at 3rd.

•As mentioned in the slides, Danny Hall is very vocal that we are more athletic on defense and he expects fewer errors and mistakes.

•Coach Hall did mention there isn’t as much power up and down the lineup that we have had the last few years.

•Ben King will continue to be the go to guy out of the bullpen and Hall is very confident in him. It was also noted that the Jackets were 7-0 when King closed out an ACC game on a Friday last season.

•Aeden Finateri is a guy who threw really well this fall and Coach Hall likes him because he can get himself out of trouble.

•Dawson Brown is healthy after a banged up year last season and he is throwing well.

•Georgia State transfer Cam Jones is a guy that can eat a lot of innings, whether it be in a starting role or bullpen role.

•Coach Hall is really high on freshmen RHP Tate McKee. McKee has had some outings in the fall and sat 94-95 with a hard slider.

•Ryan Jaros and Demitri Diamant are the front runners for the 3B spot

•Carsten has made big strides defensively

•Terry Busse is the Friday night guy

•Logan McGuire is healthy and thriving

•Riley Stanford could compete for innings on the mound

•Parker Brosius is greatly improved as a player

•Vahn Lackey is the sleeper of the freshman class

•we will be better on defense

And coach Hall said all these things on his recent appearance on Acc BSB Etc

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There was a lot so here we go.

Drew Burress is obviously a well known baseball player and not only by Tech fans, but he’s also really smart and is looking to get his degree in 3 years. No GT baseball player has ever accomplished that.

•If the season starting today, the starting infield would be Giesler at 1st, Becchetti at 2nd, Green at SS, and Jaros/Diamant at 3rd.

•As mentioned in the slides, Danny Hall is very vocal that we are more athletic on defense and he expects fewer errors and mistakes.

•Coach Hall did mention there isn’t as much power up and down the lineup that we have had the last few years.

•Ben King will continue to be the go to guy out of the bullpen and Hall is very confident in him. It was also noted that the Jackets were 7-0 when King closed out an ACC game on a Friday last season.

•Aeden Finateri is a guy who threw really well this fall and Coach Hall likes him because he can get himself out of trouble.

•Dawson Brown is healthy after a banged up year last season and he is throwing well.

•Georgia State transfer Cam Jones is a guy that can eat a lot of innings, whether it be in a starting role or bullpen role.

•Coach Hall is really high on freshmen RHP Tate McKee. McKee has had some outings in the fall and sat 94-95 with a hard slider.

•Ryan Jaros and Demitri Diamant are the front runners for the 3B spot

•Carsten has made big strides defensively

•Terry Busse is the Friday night guy

•Logan McGuire is healthy and thriving

•Riley Stanford could compete for innings on the mound

•Parker Brosius is greatly improved as a player

•Vahn Lackey is the sleeper of the freshman class

And coach Hall said all these things on his recent appearance on Acc BSB Etc
And the pitching has improved? We shall see because Hall said the offense will not be as good.

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
CDH said we just have not been good on defense the past couple of years. He realizes he is the INF defensive coach for this team right? But the portal can now hide that flaw. But on a positive note a good defense will equate to better pitching, statistically at-least.