2024 Season

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was in town this year for a weekend series and had a car for the first time in a decade. Parked across from the stadium for $5. Cheap and convenient. Walk up, get tickets, sit damn near anywhere you want.
Where is parking? There used to be the ATO/SAE/DTD parking lot and now fraternity houses. My fraternity was on the corner across from the baseball field. Went to a few games back then. Cam Bonifay is one player I remember.

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
Where is parking? There used to be the ATO/SAE/DTD parking lot and now fraternity houses. My fraternity was on the corner across from the baseball field. Went to a few games back then. Cam Bonifay is one player I remember.
In the garage beneath the Computer Science building behind the press box. It is 4 stories deep. I bet over 400 spaces.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Also a garage on State Street near 10th. Sometimes I park there even though it's more expensive and a longer walk than the garage across from the stadium because it's a lot easier to get out of if there's a good crowd.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I looked through the summer stats today and we have some guys performing very well. Brosius, Stanford, and Hare are all hitting over .300. Hare also has 5 HRs, Zmarzlak has 7 this summer, and Sabathia has 3. Brosius has 21 stolen bases so far too, so I'm thinking he might be at the top of the order next year.

As for pitching, Hill has been lights out again only giving up 1 run in 20.2 IP. Diamant has also pitched very well with a mid 2 ERA. I can't see Finateri's stats on the Cape Cod website so if anybody knows anything about that, the info would be appreciated.

I know summer stats aren't anything to be overly excited about, but these are all very promising.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I looked through the summer stats today and we have some guys performing very well. Brosius, Stanford, and Hare are all hitting over .300. Hare also has 5 HRs, Zmarzlak has 7 this summer, and Sabathia has 3. Brosius has 21 stolen bases so far too, so I'm thinking he might be at the top of the order next year.

As for pitching, Hill has been lights out again only giving up 1 run in 20.2 IP. Diamant has also pitched very well with a mid 2 ERA. I can't see Finateri's stats on the Cape Cod website so if anybody knows anything about that, the info would be appreciated.

I know summer stats aren't anything to be overly excited about, but these are all very promising.
Cape Cod is the only one that stands out to me usually - it seems to be a decent indicator but as they say 'past results don't guarantee future performance'
Still good to see, thanks for researching and posting!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So now that there's a clearer picture as to who is gone and who is returning for next year, this is my opinion of the roster next year.

The outfield looks stacked with Brosius, Jones, Lovett, Zmarzlak, Stanford, Burress, and Graziano.

On the infield, we have Romano, Green, Becchetti, Sabathia, Craska, Senese, Jaros, Diamant, and Jones can also play 1st with Ellis and McKinnick at Catcher. This is a very solid group defensively as the transfers have very good defensive stats.

Potential starters look like Hill, McGuire, Finateri, Schmolke, and Patel. The back of the pen looks like Busse, King, and Brown again with Jones being a really nice addition to the staff. Diamant has also looked good in the summer league so hopefully he can step up with more innings this year. We really need these main guys to stay healthy for next year.

Once again, a ton of talent, so hopefully the guys can gel and stay healthy this year and we can break our postseason curse! The pieces are definitely there for it to happen.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So now that there's a clearer picture as to who is gone and who is returning for next year, this is my opinion of the roster next year.

The outfield looks stacked with Brosius, Jones, Lovett, Zmarzlak, Stanford, Burress, and Graziano.

On the infield, we have Romano, Green, Becchetti, Sabathia, Craska, Senese, Jaros, Diamant, and Jones can also play 1st with Ellis and McKinnick at Catcher. This is a very solid group defensively as the transfers have very good defensive stats.

Potential starters look like Hill, McGuire, Finateri, Schmolke, and Patel. The back of the pen looks like Busse, King, and Brown again with Jones being a really nice addition to the staff. Diamant has also looked good in the summer league so hopefully he can step up with more innings this year. We really need these main guys to stay healthy for next year.

Once again, a ton of talent, so hopefully the guys can gel and stay healthy this year and we can break our postseason curse! The pieces are definitely there for it to happen.
Promises, promises.....(but I hope you're right...right about now I need some sports success to take my attention away from societal turmoil)

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck

I assume you meant Minnick at catcher?

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
For those of you that have ESPN+, here is an interesting (and sobering) article that lists the top players for the 2024 draft.

In summary, there are no GT players or recruits that are listed in the top 50 for next year's draft, nor are there any listed in the next 50 with Day One upside. To compare, Wake (even after losing all their talent this year) has 4 in the top 50 again. I guess you can look at the bright side that maybe that means we can keep most if not all of our top 2024 recruits, but it also shows we have ways to go to rebuild the high-end talent we are used to having.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
As the article suggests it is "way too early" to be projecting next years draft. Before last season started how many people projected Kristin Campbell to go that high in the draft? I guess what I am saying is every season is a new year and stars will emerge that nobody expected. I think we have a pretty good track record (at least with the position players) of guys showing vast improvement year to year. Guys like Kyle McCan and Amos Willingham come to mind. We have taken some transfers that have been marginal players for other teams and turned them into top tier talent. Chandler Simpson went from a decent player at UAB to the top hitter in the nation. Tim Borden went from a utility player at Louisville to an All ACC caliber hitter in his first year with us. I, for one, am excited to see what players will emerge this year that nobody is talking about.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
What are y’all’s thoughts on the Big 10 and Big12 changes? It’s getting nutty for sure.

How does/should the SEC and ACC respond?

It’s mostly for football $$ but I would think Clemson amd Notre Dame would be a risk to leave the ACC for the $$$. Any e else’s football worthy?

FSU wants out of ACC but is handcuffed.

The big 10 movement improved baseball as did the Big 12 picking up Arizona and Arisxona State. I think Washington did well too. I think the American Atheltic improved for baseball with Charlotte and UTSA added in July.

I don’t think the CinciBYU or UCF moves improved the baseball much for the Big 12. UHouston is pretty good consistently though.

Thoughts?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
127+ pages here: https://gtswarm.com/threads/conference-realignment.25281/

I don't think the conference realignment changes college baseball much is at all. My opinion is that the biggest threat is mostly the $EC and a few dozen other schools buying the best baseball players with NIL and decreasing the parity. We've seen that in the last few years and I expect it to get much worse, but not due to this most recent conference realignment. The only counter balance to that that I see is the good players want playing time and may take less NIL if it means more playing time.