2024 non-GT games thread

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
However - very concerned about the state of our defense. McCord looked terrible.

I said this the day we lost to them; we do this every year. We get thumped by a team early and claim their offense is actually going to be the surprise of the year, the QB is a Heisman candidate etc, but in reality it’s just that our defense sucks again. I said I wasn’t going to fall for that this year when many here were saying he’s easily the best QB we’d play lol.

He’s probably better than he was tonight, but worse than he was against us. Our defense probably stinks yet again.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I said this the day we lost to them; we do this every year. We get thumped by a team early and claim their offense is actually going to be the surprise of the year, the QB is a Heisman candidate etc, but in reality it’s just that our defense sucks again. I said I wasn’t going to fall for that this year when many here were saying he’s easily the best QB we’d play lol.

He’s probably better than he was tonight, but worse than he was against us. Our defense probably stinks yet again.
I am printing this and putting a copy in the defensive player's plane seats. .

We need to send the dl , play 1 deep safety , contest every pass reception.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Feeling pretty bad about our D-Line.
Stanford’s DL just won them the game.
Wish we had half of that kind of pressure
Yes! I would LOVE to have Stanford's DL. They pressured Mcord all night, making him throw a little quicker, but he still is an excellent QB.
His 2 picks were bad decisions, not poor throws.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like Syracuse got overhyped for last week and showed up hungover today. Guess Fran didn’t have any press bites from Stanford to lie about this time around.