2024 non-GT games thread

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
But the fact he's the starter means he's probably the best they have.
I'm not entirely sure that's the case in this new era of NIL. If boosters open the pocketbook for a big name player, the coach probably gets a good bit of pressure to start him. Maybe some hesitation to calling it a bad investment.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I'm not entirely sure that's the case in this new era of NIL. If boosters open the pocketbook for a big name player, the coach probably gets a good bit of pressure to start him. Maybe some hesitation to calling it a bad investment.
Pretty sure those boosters have seen how bad ugaleilei is and would rather be winning that having "their guy" start. Also isn't Brock Glenn their #2 QB? For his career he is 19/51 for a 37% completion percentage, with 0 TD, 2 INT and a QBR of 16.1. They signed a 4 star QB out of Savannah last year, but he is 3rd on the depth chart. That is all of their scholarship QBs - the other 3 they have signed since 2020 transferred out. They have a single 3 star QB committed for next year.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sure those boosters have seen how bad ugaleilei is and would rather be winning that having "their guy" start. Also isn't Brock Glenn their #2 QB? For his career he is 19/51 for a 37% completion percentage, with 0 TD, 2 INT and a QBR of 16.1. They signed a 4 star QB out of Savannah last year, but he is 3rd on the depth chart. That is all of their scholarship QBs - the other 3 they have signed since 2020 transferred out. They have a single 3 star QB committed for next year.
I agree with you, they dont seem to have much depth. I'm just saying the leash will likely be longer in this new CFB than ever before.

I'm a normal world, DJU's performance against BC has him riding the pine.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Kentucky sold the end of this game hard by punting it away
Absolutely. Every coach should know this: Do not, under any circumstances, even if it's fourth and forever, punt the ball to Ugag late in the fourth quarter with the game on the line. Just don't do it.
I've seen that movie play out time and time again, and it never ends well. 4th and 8 was makeable. Their chance to win the game ended when they sent the punt team on the field.