2024 Football Portal

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow

Keyron Crawford - Arkansas State 3* DE, 6.5 sacks last year in 13 starts. Not sure why I’m having trouble getting his original tweet to show but this is in reply to Crawford’s account saying we offered.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I think we all can agree that Sims is a very talented athlete. The issue is he has never shown the desire and commitment to excel in football in any position, and has quit on his team. Why some think he would be of value to us as a player after showing these tendencies with 4 years of play at 2 different P5 schools is puzzling to me.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Gonna guess tifase didn’t make first string like he likely wanted. Sad, he looks like a beast in the making

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
1000000670.png

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand the animosity towards Sims, but I don't hold anything against him. I saw a kid that was touted as the savior of GT football. He bought into the slime from TFG and was put in an impossible situation. It sucks for him - he could have responded better, sure. But how many 20 yr olds would have come thru that clown show without some egg on their face?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Quarterbacks Colson Brown and Aiden Semo, defensive lineman Ayo Tifase, wide receiver Justin Brown and defensive back Steven Jones will be looking for opportunities elsewhere. Colson Brown, Semo and Jones announced their intentions via X..."

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
"Quarterbacks Colson Brown and Aiden Semo, defensive lineman Ayo Tifase, wide receiver Justin Brown and defensive back Steven Jones will be looking for opportunities elsewhere. Colson Brown, Semo and Jones announced their intentions via X..."

I wonder if this is code for we cut them.....

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Nebraska degree? Harvesting Corn!
I will never forget my first employer post GT grad school had two Nebraska EE senior undergrads come in for interviews. Both had roughly 4.0 gpas, pretty cocky. I was on their interview list - but by mid morning my boss came to me and told me to take them to lunch and politely dismiss them. Apparently neither genius actually knew much of anything.

And we had an open mind about recruiting various schools - one of our sharpest guys went to Montana State (although most others were from GT, Berkeley, Texas A&M, Michigan etc). So I always laugh at the N on their helmet symbolizing Nowledge. Have no clue how they made AAU, must not be that tough.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I understand the animosity towards Sims, but I don't hold anything against him. I saw a kid that was touted as the savior of GT football. He bought into the slime from TFG and was put in an impossible situation. It sucks for him - he could have responded better, sure. But how many 20 yr olds would have come thru that clown show without some egg on their face?
I agree 1000 %

But, his subsequent play (and apparent attitude at) Nebraska might lead one to conclude that his rehabilitation might be too long of a project when we need players who are ready to go now and who have bought into the system. I just don’t think we have time to experiment with a player whose ceiling is so uncertain at this time.

His journey is tragic by football standards, and it is a shame that the former coach royally botched his development as a player, but I wish him well -elsewhere.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Question. Is it easier for a student athlete to qualify at Tech is they have a decent academic record at another college? I would think some players might want to come to Tech out of high school but have an easier time as a transfer. Would this make the portal our friend?

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree 1000 %

But, his subsequent play (and apparent attitude at) Nebraska might lead one to conclude that his rehabilitation might be too long of a project when we need players who are ready to go now and who have bought into the system. I just don’t think we have time to experiment with a player whose ceiling is so uncertain at this time.

His journey is tragic by football standards, and it is a shame that the former coach royally botched his development as a player, but I wish him well -elsewhere.
It’s OK to feel bad for the guy, like him, and still not want him on the football team. We’ve got Pyron and two freshmen who are more valuable for us to develop as QBs if something happens to King, I don’t see why we would need a fifth QB in the mix.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It’s OK to feel bad for the guy, like him, and still not want him on the football team. We’ve got Pyron and two freshmen who are more valuable for us to develop as QBs if something happens to King, I don’t see why we would need a fifth QB in the mix.
QB is out of the question, IMO, but I would have liked to see him try a different position at some point.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Yep. He reflected the coach who mentored him. Finish that GT degree, Jeff! Then maybe take your shot at your dream.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I will never forget my first employer post GT grad school had two Nebraska EE senior undergrads come in for interviews. Both had roughly 4.0 gpas, pretty cocky. I was on their interview list - but by mid morning my boss came to me and told me to take them to lunch and politely dismiss them. Apparently neither genius actually knew much of anything.

And we had an open mind about recruiting various schools - one of our sharpest guys went to Montana State (although most others were from GT, Berkeley, Texas A&M, Michigan etc). So I always laugh at the N on their helmet symbolizing Nowledge. Have no clue how they made AAU, must not be that tough.
UN is ranked by USNWR as the #82 engineering school, with the top discipline being #8 Agricultural and Biological Engineering.