2024 ACC Football Schedule Reveal - Jan 24th, ACC Network and ESPN2

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Which is exactly the problem. We aren't Alabama or North Carolina, Mr. Batt. Over half of GT grads leave Georgia. We have to figure out ways to get alumni back, and do so as economically for them as possible-and it is possible. We need creativity working with hotels and airlines. I've had this conversation with people at the AA in the past, who acknowledge the issue, and then do nothing about it. I wrote J Batt about this issue and what did he say? Crickets at least give a response. As a 40 year AT contributor, his silence is insulting.
It’s hard for those folks to attend, but we at least need to get them donating. Or, if they buy tickets and then donate those to someone local, maybe they get 1.5x AT points.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Oh, yeah, that’s right.

Just curious, has that ever happened before in the history of college football?
The answer is obvious but many posters are just naive. The powers to be (ESPN and the committee) will use whatever BS “relevant facts” are needed and ESPN will ensure that is the media narrative and the ignorant masses will go with it. Never has an injured player ever been used as a factor in a bowl selection or now a playoff until it was convenient to get Alabama in.

All they did was prove they have the power to do whatever it takes to get whatever teams in they want in.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
You keep on believing this. sEcSPN is money and money talks. But you keep that head in the sand. It is you who is confused.
So you also believe the CFP Selection Committee lied to the Public about the FSU QB being the main reason FSU was left out of the CFP?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Yes. That ought to be fairly obvious by now I would think.
So then the NCST AD is in on the lie as well! Why would he be in on a lie that hurts his Conference? So are all the other Committee members. That's a stretch by any standard if you look at the people on the Committee.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Will someone siding with the conspiracy theorists explain why the committee dropped FSU out of the playoffs after Travis got hurt, but then put them back in after they beat SEC rival Florida? That doesn't seem like the action of an entity with an agenda to keep FSU out of the CFP. Why not just keep them ranked at #5?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Will someone siding with the conspiracy theorists explain why the committee dropped FSU out of the playoffs after Travis got hurt, but then put them back in after they beat SEC rival Florida? That doesn't seem like the action of an entity with an agenda to keep FSU out of the CFP. Why not just keep them ranked at #5?
...and then drop them out in the final ranking....Your question is actually backward...why would the CFPC rank FSU as #4 even after Travis got hurt, then drop them out after they beat UF? If the QB was the cause of them being dropped, why didn't it happen earlier?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
...and then drop them out in the final ranking....Your question is actually backward...why would the CFPC rank FSU as #4 even after Travis got hurt, then drop them out after they beat UF? If the QB was the cause of them being dropped, why didn't it happen earlier?
Yep, that’s backwards.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Because they knew they had the ultimate fix and that ESPN would defend their actions. And that is exactly how it played out.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
But they didn't. FSU dropped to #5 after the 11/18 North Alabama game when Travis got injured. When they played Louisville for the ACC championship, they had been moved back up to #4.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Your timing is off. FSU was dropped to 5 the week Travis was hurt. After beating FLA they went up to 4. After the ACC Championship game they dropped back to 5.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Could be that they were debating it throughout and changing their minds a few time?

Orrrrrrrr they were just messing with people to make the pre-ordained outcome seem less suspicious!

It's absolutely hilarious how sure people are about this. It's all circumstantial evidence. It's not that I have any particular huge reason to believe the CFP's statement, it's just that I don't have any concrete information on the individuals involved or the decision process to be confident that they're lying.

Is there a name for the version of Occam's razor that goes "the explanation that fits what I want to believe is the best one"?

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The number of people on here defending the NCAA and ACC is quite amazing actually. You'd think they've been cutting us all kinds of breaks over the years they way some are responding.
It’s because most people have never really paid attention. They just buy whatever they see on TV. People are asleep.

What perplexes me is how GT fans can fall for it when we have 2 teams within 70 miles and the disparate treatment of the 2 programs is obvious for any of the 2 fanbases to see. We have been on probation way more than them and have had greater punishments. No one with any sanity would say we are a dirtier program. We lose 3 games and aren’t a blip on the radar. They lose 3 games and they’d still be ranked. It’s all a money game that Was run by the NCAA and bowl system and now NCAA and playoff system. There are going to be a lot of butthurt GT fans one day when we have an exceptional season and end up in a 2nd tier bowl instead of the playoffs. Maybe then they’ll wake up and see it has nothing to do with game play. Until the playoff expands again I’m not even worrying about GT getting in no matter how many games we win because I know the ACC will do nothing to help us.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Could be that they were debating it throughout and changing their minds a few time?

Orrrrrrrr they were just messing with people to make the pre-ordained outcome seem less suspicious!

It's absolutely hilarious how sure people are about this. It's all circumstantial evidence. It's not that I have any particular huge reason to believe the CFP's statement, it's just that I don't have any concrete information on the individuals involved or the decision process to be confident that they're lying.

Is there a name for the version of Occam's razor that goes "the explanation that fits what I want to believe is the best one"?
It’s not circumstantial at all. Stop listening to words which mean nothing and look at actions - they purposely left out the undefeated ACC Champion who had been ranked in the top 4 all season. That’s not circumstantial, that’s actually what they did. Their words are as meaningless as Herbstreit‘s tears.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
"Just look at the actions [and interpret them the way I tell you to]" is not circumstantial at all?

It's like your argument about the different treatment of GT and UGA - any priors I'm weighing about "there's a conspiracy against the ACC" are FAR outweighed by "the team that wins 17 out of 20 or whatever gets the special treatment" as a different possible reason.