2024 ACC Football Schedule Reveal - Jan 24th, ACC Network and ESPN2

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Kennesaw State becomes a FBS member of conference USA in July this year. I wonder if there would be any interest in the four Georgia FBS members (GT, UGA, GSU, KSU) agreeing to a round Robin schedule where each school plays all the other schools once every 3 years.
Or maybe GT and UGA agree to play each of the other 2 schools once every 4 years and play each other every other year?
Comments?
Kennesaw will be the 5th FBS school in Georgia. Not sure which GSU you’re referring to but you left one out because both Georgia Southern and Georgia State are FBS. But I highly doubt there’s any interest from GT and especially UGA in a scheduling format like that.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Kennesaw State becomes a FBS member of conference USA in July this year. I wonder if there would be any interest in the four Georgia FBS members (GT, UGA, GSU, KSU) agreeing to a round Robin schedule where each school plays all the other schools once every 3 years.
Or maybe GT and UGA agree to play each of the other 2 schools once every 4 years and play each other every other year?
Comments?
I know clempson does this with furman, wofford and charleston southern. I'm not sure about USCe. The mutts will never agree to it because the consequences of losing to them is too costly; the same reason why alabama won't play uab and actually blocked (alabama board of regents chaired by bear bryant jr) Jimbo Fisher from taking the uab head coaching job.

It would be fun, but unless you set it up on NCAA 2025, it'll never happen. Next September, GT will be the only FBS team in the state to play all the D1 teams in the state.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Kennesaw will be the 5th FBS school in Georgia. Not sure which GSU you’re referring to but you left one out because both Georgia Southern and Georgia State are FBS. But I highly doubt there’s any interest from GT and especially UGA in a scheduling format like that.
Correct, I forgot Southern since they so far away, not in metropolitan Atlanta.

Maybe no interest now, but maybe when we join the B1G with Miami and 2 other AAU schools from the ACC to form the southern division of the B1G, we will need more flexibility in our scheduling by reducing our number of P4 opponents outside of the B1G, in my opinion. :)

Sugar3ThousandPounds

Georgia Tech Fan
Comments?
I like the sentiment. My vote would be we play UGA every year and rotate through the other 3 (preferably in 2 for 1’s, I don’t like the buy games as we’ve gotten burned and lost in too many of them). Round out the non-conf schedule with 2 “exciting” games vs P4 opponents or intriguing G5s. FCS games can and should be a thing of the past as well as far as I’m concerned

colton

Georgia Tech Fan
Comments?
What about Georgia Southern?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Agnes Scott, anybody?
The way things are headed, Agnes Scott might be pretty formidable opponent soon…
IMG_8366.jpeg

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
We need to jump on Florida St like stink on sheet and get that win and get some momentum early in the season. We catch Florida St early with a young team so I like our chances. Get that win and it will be a special season baby. I’m going with 8-4 regular season.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We need to jump on Florida St like stink on sheet and get that win and get some momentum early in the season. We catch Florida St early with a young team so I like our chances. Get that win and it will be a special season baby. I’m going with 8-4 regular season.
Too bad we're playing on another continent. Would be nice to have a home field advantage for our "home game" against FSU.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
The only thing that I might have wished for is to have the first bye week between Notre Dame and VT. Both teams have easy home dates the week before we play them. VT will also have 2 days extra rest playing BC at home on a Thursday night. But overall, I think this schedule had a higher ceiling, but also has a lower floor than last year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm hosed, needed 11/9 to be a bye date, but instead 11/2 and 11/16 are bye dates AND 11/9 is a home date to boot!

Couldn't they have spread the bye dates out better than that?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm fine with this schedule also, I'm great with everything going on, new coaching hires, recruiting but one area I'm concerned about and that is we did not do more in the portal with DLs and LBs to give our new defensive coaches a little more opportunity to be successful. Maybe we can get help later in portal for that. Since it's defense maybe they could work in and work together by fall, don't really know if that is enough time or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this? This schedule has some good marquee games in it, we have an opportunity to have this season put GT back in the talk for major CFB and establish us as coming back or being back, one game at a time. Just still concerned about front 7 potential.

Last edited: