2023 Fall Practice Notes

Techastrophe

Jolly Good Fellow
I was never real sure Deion Sanders would be a good choice for head coach. Seeing this thread and seeing news reports from CU, I think Key is the better choice for GT. Nothing personal against Sanders, and Colorado might end up doing fine, but Key is the better fit for us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was never real sure Deion Sanders would be a good choice for head coach. Seeing this thread and seeing news reports from CU, I think Key is the better choice for GT. Nothing personal against Sanders, and Colorado might end up doing fine, but Key is the better fit for us.

GT requires a unique coach that understands not only the type of SA that will fit into GT, but also the GT fanbase.

Ultimately, W's and L's will determine how good the hires will be, but so far Batt and Cabrera chose well with Key and Stoudamire.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Any updates on our run game? Now that things are full pads and we've had a bit of time, has anyone seen any full speed run game action that they'd share?
Jamal Haynes hitting the hole at full speed; can’t recall what clip it was in. He was going North/South and accelerated past the LBers into the open field, darting past the secondary. During the last scrimmage, Coach Norv. jumped all over the RB’s for looking lackluster, in the first half. They came back out with a purpose and he said effort became totally different, including pass protection.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
With all the advesity this team has endured the past few seasons it is obviously a masterful job this new coach and staff has done with these players. Just listening to the inteviews you can see the positive attitude, fun, and confidence. Much better days are coming. Thanks coach Key and staff. for a great job so far.
Coach Crawford and the WR room seem quite positive about themselves, almost to the point of having a bit of swagger. Hoping their positivity is a good sign of things to come and not one of overconfidence. Can't wait to see how they perform vs. Louisville.