2023 Coaching Carousel

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
One thing I find interesting is the spin on this. Check out this headline:

Tech was rumored to be considering BoB for HC or OC at various points over the past 6 years. Had we hired him a year ago, show of hands - how many people think we would have gotten a headline like even "Georgia Tech is gunning for the ACC Championship and beyond with their new hire"?

Instead, I imagine there would have been lots of critical analysis of the hire in the press, much like went on on this message board.

I guess it's easy to be insufferable as a fanbase when the world continues to blow that much smoke.
Praise God we hired Key and not BoB.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
One thing I find interesting is the spin on this. Check out this headline:

Tech was rumored to be considering BoB for HC or OC at various points over the past 6 years. Had we hired him a year ago, show of hands - how many people think we would have gotten a headline like even "Georgia Tech is gunning for the ACC Championship and beyond with their new hire"?

Instead, I imagine there would have been lots of critical analysis of the hire in the press, much like went on on this message board.

I guess it's easy to be insufferable as a fanbase when the world continues to blow that much smoke.
You mean, if Key had hired as our new OC a former NFL coach who won his devision four out of five years, who was also the former Penn State head coach that had been named National Coach of the Year and who was also recently the OC under both the most successful college head coach and the most successful NFL head coach in the history of the sport, would that have been construed by the media as a significant hire for our program? Um, yes.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
You mean, if Key had hired as our new OC a former NFL coach who won his devision four out of five years, who was also the former Penn State head coach that had been named National Coach of the Year and who was also recently the OC under both the most successful college head coach and the most successful NFL head coach in the history of the sport, would that have been construed by the media as a significant hire for our program? Um, yes.
BOB spent 9 seasons with Saban and Belichick, 2 of the best that ever coached, and never won it all.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
BOB spent 9 seasons with Saban and Belichick, 2 of the best that ever coached, and never won it all.
He was an offensive assistant on the 16-0 Patriots team that lost in the Super Bowl. No, he never won the big game with either coach, but his offense averaged 41 points per game at Alabama. This is the first year his offense ever were bad and that was because of other reasons besides coaching.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Hope it’s ok to put this here. Ole Jerry still going hard baby at 82 years old. I love the dude 😂
One time coach at Tech and later HC of the Falcons’ “Back in Black” days.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Thank God we got Buster not BoB. He should be fine at Ohio State as they have a significant talent advantage in 10 or more games every year. Day is also a solid offensive coach. The two together could produce very good results. It’s not like Ohio State has had bad offenses the past several years.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought I was the only one bothered when they decided to put “The” in from of Ohio State, like they were the only university in the state. Still sets my teeth on edge when I hear it. It was such an SEC thing to do.
I have lots of family that went to Texas A&M, and they refuse to call UT the University of Texas - they call them t.u. In lower case. It’s actually in their fight song, the Aggie War Hymn.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Jim Harbaugh says har-bye to Ann Arbor.

Let's go get their players!

Fire back up the transfer portal, Snow White!

scared snow white GIF

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jim Harbaugh says har-bye to Ann Arbor.

Let's go get their players!

Fire back up the transfer portal, Snow White!

scared snow white GIF
Harbaugh waiting until now to take an NFL job is actually a big help to Michigan. Most schools have already started Spring Semester and are pass add/drop dates so players wouldn't be able to transfer until the Summer Semester.

It seems likely that they will hire Moore which would allow them to keep most of their players.
If players leave from Michigan it is likely to occur now after Spring practice.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Michigan stayed in house which is probably the right move. He just better not lose a few games next year. I thought they might poach someone like Brian Kelley, so more musical chairs.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
So you’ve got Brother Hugh Freeze who solicited hookers for recruits and himself and Durkin who had a player die during practice on his watch……nice.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Decidedly on-brand, if true.

As an Auburn grad, they are making it sooo hard to like our football program. 9/10 of us wish the Gus bus was back. They’re recruiting well right now, but there’s little confidence in our ability to use weapons regardless of caliber.

On top of that, Auburn fans have prided themselves on being a sanctimonious and “family oriented”, and recent hires have tarnished this fully.

Even if we win, you’d be surprised how hollow it feels to Auburn people without their Disney “all in this together” feeling by having coaches that have been known to essentially haze players and be questionable off the field. It’s discussed at every Auburn viewing party.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
As an Auburn grad, they are making it sooo hard to like our football program. 9/10 of us wish the Gus bus was back. They’re recruiting well right now, but there’s little confidence in our ability to use weapons regardless of caliber.

On top of that, Auburn fans have prided themselves on being a sanctimonious and “family oriented”, and recent hires have tarnished this fully.

Even if we win, you’d be surprised how hollow it feels to Auburn people without their Disney “all in this together” feeling by having coaches that have been known to essentially haze players and be questionable off the field. It’s discussed at every Auburn viewing party.
I would have gone to Auburn had I not gone to Tech, so I've always kept them as a 2nd team I like to cheer for. They have had a history of taking players on their "2nd chance" so to speak, but yea the coaching hires as of late have been pretty deplorable.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I would have gone to Auburn had I not gone to Tech, so I've always kept them as a 2nd team I like to cheer for. They have had a history of taking players on their "2nd chance" so to speak, but yea the coaching hires as of late have been pretty deplorable.
Luckily I have another team that I am becoming enthralled to get behind again from a culture and field product perspective.

It rhymes with heck and they wish a certain team to hell.