2023 Coaching Carousel

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Bill O'Brien to OSU it appears...quite a unique combo between Day and O'Brien. Should also help Corey Dennis in his coaching development. O'Brien can coach QBs.

Wow...that didn't age well. Corey will bounce back, and I'm sure he'll be in high demand. The guy can recruit and has been pivotal coaching quite a good line of QBs at OSU.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow...that didn't age well. Corey will bounce back, and I'm sure he'll be in high demand. The guy can recruit and has been pivotal coaching quite a good line of QBs at OSU.

There were reddit rumors around their bowl game of coaches no-showing team meetings, etc. He was listed as one of the presumed AWOL coaches, so I was surprised this wasn't announced sooner if those rumors were actually true.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There were reddit rumors around their bowl game of coaches no-showing team meetings, etc. He was listed as one of the presumed AWOL coaches, so I was surprised this wasn't announced sooner if those rumors were actually true.

Yeah, I won't get into that as I have heard zero about that.

Reading OSU's fan reaction that Corey did a terrible job with Kyle McCord and he won't be a loss is hilarious. McCord finished with the #8 QBR rating in the country. Higher than Caleb Williams, Michael Penix, Drake Maye...all projected first round picks. He's also credited for recruiting some of the best offensive talent on OSU's roster. OSU fans are insane.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Reading OSU's fan reaction that Corey did a terrible job with Kyle McCord and he won't be a loss is hilarious. McCord finished with the #8 QBR rating in the country. Higher than Caleb Williams, Michael Penix, Drake Maye...all projected first round picks. He's also credited for recruiting some of the best offensive talent on OSU's roster. OSU fans are insane.

So what I'm hearing is you screaming ..

Season 1 Joyce GIF by Stranger Things

Yeah we have good coaches on that side of the ball but always room for one as good as you say he is. Heck, we could make him a get-bak.... ah, I mean an offensive analyst. ;)

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
So what I'm hearing is you screaming ..

Season 1 Joyce GIF by Stranger Things

Yeah we have good coaches on that side of the ball but always room for one as good as you say he is. Heck, we could make him a get-bak.... ah, I mean an offensive analyst. ;)
Bingo, would be great to already have him on staff once Buster or Weinke are ready to move up.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bingo, would be great to already have him on staff once Buster or Weinke are ready to move up.

Great minds, yeti. Having your coords do well enough to move up is a good "problem" to have, but it's a problem we should plan for.

I wasn't gonna say that part out loud. It's like Beetlejuice or CandyMan. Say their names too many times and you end up in the transfer portal with Snow White here ..

scared snow white GIF

Pretty sure she ended up going from P5 to NAIA.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Great minds, yeti. Having your coords do well enough to move up is a good "problem" to have, but it's a problem we should plan for.

I wasn't gonna say that part out loud. It's like Beetlejuice or CandyMan. Say their names too many times and you end up in the transfer portal with Snow White here ..

scared snow white GIF

Pretty sure she ended up going from P5 to NAIA.
Snow White was never P5.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow

I know y'all Southerners probably don't have to interact with Buckeye fans that much, but I promise you, they are truly the u(sic)ga fans of the Midwest. They're annoying, insufferable, and obnoxious; plus they think of themselves as a way better program than they actually are.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I thought I was the only one bothered when they decided to put “The” in from of Ohio State, like they were the only university in the state. Still sets my teeth on edge when I hear it. It was such an SEC thing to do.
That doesn’t bother me. I refer to Tech as The Georgia Institute of Technology all the time. It’s right.

tOSU folks are just really smug to me, like they’re very entitled to never lose a game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That doesn’t bother me. I refer to Tech as The Georgia Institute of Technology all the time. It’s right.

tOSU folks are just really smug to me, like they’re very entitled to never lose a game.
The Georgia Institute of Technology has history, and, as such, is an accurate name.

Ohio State did a modern ad campaign to make “The” official. Like I said, it was an SEC type of marketing ploy. Give them credit, it worked, but still seems cheesy.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Fair. Scouting report wasnt kind to her.

Weaknesses
- Runs with a bad crowd
- Situational awareness
- Questionable nutritional choices
- Falls asleep in coverage

Definitely belonged at the NAIA level.
She gets a bad rap but its not on her. What could anyone reasonably expect from her with such a diminutive line? Those guys averaged 4’-5” and 102 lbs.
We all know that you can’t be ELITE with dwarf offensive linemen!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I thought I was the only one bothered when they decided to put “The” in from of Ohio State, like they were the only university in the state. Still sets my teeth on edge when I hear it. It was such an SEC thing to do.
All of the Ohio State schools throughout Ohio are actually part of the Columbus campus, so there really is only one Ohio State University.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
She gets a bad rap but its not on her. What could anyone reasonably expect from her with such a diminutive line? Those guys averaged 4’-5” and 102 lbs.
We all know that you can’t be ELITE with dwarf offensive linemen!
Bad form: you are accurately reporting the dwarves' sizes. We all know that the correct way to whinge about this is to under-report their physical stats, viz.: "those guys averaged 3'8" and 85 lbs."

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Bill O'Brien to OSU it appears...quite a unique combo between Day and O'Brien. Should also help Corey Dennis in his coaching development. O'Brien can coach QBs.

One thing I find interesting is the spin on this. Check out this headline:

Tech was rumored to be considering BoB for HC or OC at various points over the past 6 years. Had we hired him a year ago, show of hands - how many people think we would have gotten a headline like even "Georgia Tech is gunning for the ACC Championship and beyond with their new hire"?

Instead, I imagine there would have been lots of critical analysis of the hire in the press, much like went on on this message board.

I guess it's easy to be insufferable as a fanbase when the world continues to blow that much smoke.