2023 CFB Playoff

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you think they would leave out uga if they only had 1-loss (to TN)?
I think they do because that would mean Tenn beat both Bama and ga in the regular season. If they do that I think Tenn is in the playoff without winning SEC.

I think Clemson goes if they win this weekend. The only away game they have left is at ND. They aren't going to lose to anyone in the coastal come champ game.

I'm hoping either TCU or UCLA goes undefeated. If they do I think this is the year we have 4 conference champs in the playoff. Long way to go . . .

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Do you think they would leave out uga if they only had 1-loss (to TN)?
If UGA loses to TN then the only scenario that I can see them getting in is if Alabama gets to the SEC championship and loses to TN again. I don't think the committee will ever have the guts to put 3 SEC teams in.

Bakey

Georgia Tech Fan
If UGA loses to TN then the only scenario that I can see them getting in is if Alabama gets to the SEC championship and loses to TN again. I don't think the committee will ever have the guts to put 3 SEC teams in.
I kinda hope there's a whole bunch of 1 loss SEC teams for maximum chaos.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The SEC champ is in. An undefeated ACC champ is in. The BIG champ is in. The only way the SEC gets a 2nd team is if no other conference champ is undefeated. Y’all are making chaos where none exists.
Way too early to rule out chaos. That's no fun. No guarantee the ACC champ is undefeated or 2 loss Illinois isn't B1G champ or Oregon runs table with only loss to UGA who isn't even in their conference championship game. All that "could" happen. I hope it does.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The SEC champ is in. An undefeated ACC champ is in. The BIG champ is in. The only way the SEC gets a 2nd team is if no other conference champ is undefeated. Y’all are making chaos where none exists.
Imagine TN losing in triple overtime to Bama in the SEC championship and then missing the playoffs with that one loss. Even that is chaos.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think they’d love to put 3 or even 4 in

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Imagine TN losing in triple overtime to Bama in the SEC championship and then missing the playoffs with that one loss. Even that is chaos.
That’s not chaos. That will end with 1 team being the official SEC Champ which is all that matters. The expanded playoffs will bring chaos which is why it will grow into the 20’s really fast. 12 is just a stop gap.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think they’d love to put 3 or even 4 in
I disagree. The NCAA & the committee cannot be hoping the playoff field is from only a couple of conferences. That doesn't make sense to me. The SEC certainly would like it... but the committee is represented by all conferences plus some.

It's only happened twice where 2 SEC teams got in. Imo only once (2017-18) was it the least bit controversial whether Alabama deserved that 4th seed. ...& they ended up winning the national championship that year.

This format is controversial because that's unavoidable when picking the "bubble" teams to fill that 4th spot... but they generally get it right.

If 3 SEC teams should get in... that would mean 3 P5 conferences have champions with crappy resumes overall.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Is it theoretically possible to have 3 of the top 4 from the SEC? If so, Alabama, UGA, Tennessee, and Ohio State. Tennessee wins it all.
If one undefeated and two one loss teams, there’s a shot. Depending on no one else going undefeated. Still have a ways to go.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
undefeated Power 5 conference Champs will highly likely get in. A one loss SEC and Big 10 champion would also get in. I still think politics would prevent 3 SEC schools unless there are only 2 loss Power 5 teams in the ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 conferences

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think they do because that would mean Tenn beat both Bama and ga in the regular season. If they do that I think Tenn is in the playoff without winning SEC.

I think Clemson goes if they win this weekend. The only away game they have left is at ND. They aren't going to lose to anyone in the coastal come champ game.

I'm hoping either TCU or UCLA goes undefeated. If they do I think this is the year we have 4 conference champs in the playoff. Long way to go . . .
I hope you’re right, i’d love to see uga get left out in the cold.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Nobody matters except the SEC, come on people, we all know this. Why are we even talking about this? Clemson beat Alabama twice in the national championship game, we all know they got Lucky. FSU beat LSU this year, again, it was luck. When UGA beats Tech, its evidence that the SEC is better. When Clemson beats the snot out of South Caroline, come on, that is just South Carolina... The SEC is obviously better than any other conference.

Ergo, you nerds need to recognize greatness and bow down. Let me end this debate and tell you how the CFB playoff should be. Pay attention because some of you might learn your place in the greater football ecosystem. The final 4 will be as follows.

1) Alabama, duh even if they lose 2 more games, they are in, they have had some of the best-recruiting classes recently, and that matters more than on-the-field results.
2) Georgia, the new darling of the college football world. Don't look at the game vs Mizz, don't look at the fact that their schedule has been one of the easiest in college football period. Don't look at Samford, Kent State, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina... look at the game vs Oregon, just keep looking at that game.
3) TN, the new, new darling of the college football world. They beat Alabama so they are in, period.
4) Ole Miss, they have a cool offense, they have baby blue color scheme, and the story line of Lane Kiffin vs Nick Saban will be enough for them to get the 4 seed.

Sorry Clemson, Sorry Ohio State, Sorry Michigan, UCLA, TCU, or any other of the unbeaten Has-beens. You are not good enough to play with the SEC.

It's Gameday boys! Whats the good word?!?!?