2023 ACC News & Discussion

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Come on. No one cares about 1964 except a bunch of old dudes who are long gone from any position of power. It’s all about money. If the SEC current leaders believe accepting GT will make them money then we will get an invite. If not we won’t. Same with BIG. But it definitely won’t be because of something from 60 years ago.

As one of the Old Dudes you mentioned, I certainly hope you are correct. I do remember how things were when GT was a member of the SEC since I attended
games as a student during our last three seasons in the SEC. As one of our associates said in a previous post, the difference between then and today is "SAD".

If the money Tech can bring to the B1G or SEC is the only factor, we will not likely receive an invite. If Financial Potential and Academic factors like AAU membership
count, we may have a chance.

I respect your opinion.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
As one of the Old Dudes you mentioned, I certainly hope you are correct. I do remember how things were when GT was a member of the SEC since I attended
games as a student during our last three seasons in the SEC. As one of our associates said in a previous post, the difference between then and today is "SAD".

If the money Tech can bring to the B1G or SEC is the only factor, we will not likely receive an invite. If Financial Potential and Academic factors like AAU membership

I respect your opinion.

Correction in above. I only saw TWO years of Tech football in the SEC as a student--1962 and 1963 seasons. Our resignation was effective June 30 prior to the 1964 season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

I respect your opinion.
I am more hopeful that gt will produce more business entrepreneurs who will want to build a Legacy

JacketFan137

Banned
tech fans will brag to the dogs about how all our graduates are millionaires and stuff but when it comes time to pay the popper none of the millionaires show up.

batt is a fundraising guy so hopefully that will change.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I inherited my parents (both Tech grads) mindset which was roughly "I already paid my tuition, the only way you'll get more out of me is for ongoing value" and that ongoing value was really only found in the athletics side. Otherwise you don't see many people donating more to Toyota cause they got a lot of value out of the car they purchased ten years ago. ;)

Until I went there and they spent a lot MORE on tuition than they ever did for themselves. With dubious increased value over what they got for themselves. 🤣 But hey, at least I had a lazy river that they didn't have!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
VT is 7th on the list. And Miami is a private school, so numbers probably not made available. But it shows why f$u wants more money lol
My old eyes must have blended the FSU and VT color scheme...
Duke, Syracuse, WF, and BC are private too, but Pitt isn't...
Why is Pitt missing from the list?
Point being there are more than 8 teams. Deep inside, I'm confident that Miami spends more than we do on recruiting.