2023 ACC News & Discussion

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is HUGE from Clemson...and of course we get to play them...every year:

Rumors had him attached to every big football factory and Clemson wins the Garrett Giley sweepstakes.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow, nice get by Clemson, especially with young QB coming back next year. If successful, Riley won’t be there long as I think power 5 team will bring him on as head coach

slugboy

Staff member
This is HUGE from Clemson...and of course we get to play them...every year:

Rumors had him attached to every big football factory and Clemson wins the Garrett Giley sweepstakes.

Ok
  1. I’m wondering who broke the news before ESPN broke the news
  2. I’m surprised he didn’t get a HC gig, but I think Clemson is probably paying him handsomely. And they needed to

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami can't have a >60% ACC winning percentage. I don't believe it.

My math from here https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-fl/index.html says they're at 56% in the ACC. (GT is at 54% in the same time frame even after Collins.)

So this must be supposed to be all-time program record, though Wikipedia seems to have different numbers (62.9% for them, 58.5% for GT).

Yeah - the tweet asked "Any surprises?", and that was the first that came to mind.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
Our 2023 conference schedule is quite favorable with Louisville and Wake replacing their QBs. BC, Syracuse and UVA are very winnable. Who knows about UNC and Miami? Maybe we split these two? If we get past Louisville in the opener at MB --- look out!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
$EC schools just got 49.9 million dollars each from the conference. BIG10 is distributing a reported 70 million dollars to each school. What are we expected to get?

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
$EC schools just got 49.9 million dollars each from the conference. BIG10 is distributing a reported 70 million dollars to each school. What are we expected to get?

Black And White Mood GIF by Laff

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Just googled this. Latest payouts per football scoop:
Big 10 $54 Million
SEC $43 Million
Big 12 $38 Million
PAC 12 $35 Million
ACC $33 Million
Nortre Dame $8 Million from ACC

So It is not as big a difference as portrayed above.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Just googled this. Latest payouts per football scoop:
Big 10 $54 Million
SEC $43 Million
Big 12 $38 Million
PAC 12 $35 Million
ACC $33 Million
Nortre Dame $8 Million from ACC

So It is not as big a difference as portrayed above.
That might have been last years distribution. Here is the article detailing this year's:

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Also Big Ten is 60MM this year and 2024 and is projected to go to 100MM in 2025. That is a huge difference. The SEC is projected to go to 70MM in 2025. Big 12 new deal expects teams to go to 50MM each. This makes the ACC a very poor 4th. And locked into a huge disadvantage for another 13 years.