2023-2024 ROSTER???

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder if the plan is to have George and Souare redshirt while developing them in the S&C program?

Last edited:

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for sharing. I didn't take the time to identify all the new faces,
I believe that Souare may have been at the pictured photographs of practice. In the photo towards the end of the set, the one where Gapare is seen in the cast, a tall player that may be Souare is seen to the far right bending to pick up a basketball in black GT sweatpants and sneakers with blue. He can be seen watching practice from a chair in a few other shots. I was wondering who he was, but it may be a visiting Souare. Does not look like an undeveloped string bean.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
This is getting borderline (and pleasantly) ridiculous. Seems like we have a roster for an A, B and C team. Souare now added.

PG - Abram/Sturdivant/George
SG- Kelly/Terry/Murphy
SF - Reeves/Coleman/Forrest
PF - Gapare/Sacko/Souare
C - Claude/Dowuona/Ndongo
Pretty good except I would swap Claude and Gapare. And maybe slide Murphy down to SF.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm blown away by the guys being brought in, and now Souare. Murphy was brought in as a PG backup (insurance). What I want to know is who is on scholarship? Maybe Murphy is now a walk-on and Forrest hasn't officially joined the team (but he will be after the 1st semester), but who among them isn't on scholly?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gonna be fun watching all these guys fit together. LOTS of guys with length and athleticism that can run in the open court, and close down space on defense. I have a strong feeling our defense is going to pace our team to start as our offensive identity develops.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
As I mentioned in a 23-24 Countdown thread on this forum, I'm fairly confident that you will see that pairing quite often this year.
Matchup dependent though don’t ya think? I wonder how much run E.D. is going to get and would expect him to mostly spell Claude who should be our primary pivot.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Matchup dependent though don’t ya think? I wonder how much run E.D. is going to get and would expect him to mostly spell Claude who should be our primary pivot.
Too early to say...I think that really depends on how ED (and more so Claude) produce.

Everyone thinks NBA and thinks scoring, but the best teams in the NBA are the ones that play D. CDS will place an emphasis on rim protection.

All that to say, I think that preferably he wants the best rim defender on the court as much as possible in ED, but will need Claude for paint production.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Too early to say...I think that really depends on how ED (and more so Claude) produce.

Everyone thinks NBA and thinks scoring, but the best teams in the NBA are the ones that play D. CDS will place an emphasis on rim protection.

All that to say, I think that preferably he wants the best rim defender on the court as much as possible in ED, but will need Claude for paint production.
This should be a really interesting year. We know there is a lot of potential with the returning players and the new guys! So much depends on how they gel as a team. We seem to have put together a very good coaching staff and the resources CDS has that CJP didn't have should really pay dividends as we go forward.

Hard not to be excited about this season and our team.

Hope you get good access with this staff as your insights are interesting.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
At the end of the day I expect probably 7-8 guys to play most of the minutes.
I'm not expecting any of the 4 FR to get any significant minutes.
I'm expecting Kelly, Abrams, Sturdy, Terry, Coleman, Gapare, Dowuona, and Claude to get the vast majority of the minutes.

That's a rotation that probably has middle of the pack ACC potential if things go well.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm expecting Kelly, Abrams, Sturdy, Terry, Coleman, Gapare, Dowuona, and Claude to get the vast majority of the minutes.

That's a rotation that probably has middle of the pack ACC potential if things go well.
Agree with this but expecting to see Wacie in that 7ish man rotation rather than Taffy.

Vidar's thick shoe

Georgia Tech Fan

Agreed, except I would add Reeves in and knock Gapare back to the 9th man.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

A lot of work ahead for CDS and staff evaluating individuals and combinations. In the end they will have preferred lineups and lineups to And, matchups matter a lot. This place roster looks like it could provide a lot of flexibility depending on the strengths and weaknesses of opponents.

I agree with you about the freshmen, but I still think CDS likes Reeves' energy and explosiveness. If Coleman has to play the 4, then I expect Reeves to get significant minutes. He did not transfer here to sit.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you about the freshmen, but I still think CDS likes Reeves' energy and explosiveness. If Coleman has to play the 4, then I expect Reeves to get significant minutes. He did not transfer here to sit.

Im guessing he was thinking Reeves when he said Gapare.

And I think Reeves will play, but I don't really get the not transferring here to sit line of thinking. I doubt anyone is here with the intention of just sitting on the bench. That is probably for most players at most schools yet people end up sitting on the bench all the time. I'd be shocked if anyone was given a guarantee of playing time to be here (either transfer in or return).

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Oversight Red or do you really think Reeves isn’t going to be a key rotational piece?