2022 Spring Game

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who thinks they got some answers out of that so called spring game are joking. You have a defense that was bad the last few years and an offense that is trying to learn a new system. And they only had 12 practices before this so called game. Could they be better than last year, could they be worse than last year, could they be the same as the last 3 years, yes is the answer to all 3 questions. We will not know the answer till the real season starts. I didn't see anything that made me think we could win 6+ games or anything that makes me think we will only win 3 - games next year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
When we played Gold v. White, it was always suspect whether we were good or bad because we were playing ourselves. We know our own tendencies and can "cheat" a little. However, since we started playing this "two-hand touch" stuff, there's nothing to be gained from a fan's perspective to watching this game. Might as well make it another open Saturday scrimmage and just run the practice. It used to be the game was a real game that tied a bow on the hard work of the spring. oh, well. I have no desire to watch this.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
When we played Gold v. White, it was always suspect whether we were good or bad because we were playing ourselves. We know our own tendencies and can "cheat" a little. However, since we started playing this "two-hand touch" stuff, there's nothing to be gained from a fan's perspective to watching this game. Might as well make it another open Saturday scrimmage and just run the practice. It used to be the game was a real game that tied a bow on the hard work of the spring. oh, well. I have no desire to watch this.
A spring practice season like cgc uses will always represent negative out comes the following seasons! Especially when the team has so many new players to the system!!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Spring game is more about introducing new players to the fans. Not much to learn at this point but O seemed to throw a little more over the middle. Sims had a few batted down in the past when he tried that route throwing some games.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Since I was 10 years old in 1956; I was excited about the teams both practice, recruiting, and the games! This past year with a couple of games to be played I lost all interest! I watched 2 plays of the spring game two games ago. I saw cgc all of sudden started acting like it was a practice not a game! So I turned it off!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
You've seen this at practices?
I don't know about practice but GC WAY over-hyped before the "game" about Derrick Allen on TV in an interview in discussing new guys in secondary...Not only can't he probably measure up to that flattery but Allen struggled last yr badly at times.It wasn't like he just showed up here.
We've heard GC over-flatter others like that and didn't pan out.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Since I was 10 years old in 1956; I was excited about the teams both practice, recruiting, and the games! This past year with a couple of games to be played I lost all interest! I watched 2 plays of the spring game two games ago. I saw cgc all of sudden started acting like it was a practice not a game! So I turned it off!

perfect. was probably naptime anyways.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Spring game is more about introducing new players to the fans. Not much to learn at this point but O seemed to throw a little more over the middle. Sims had a few batted down in the past when he tried that route throwing some games.
Antonio Martin will be a factor...good change up from DS and Louisville transfer...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Gibson made a throw that really impressed me early in the practice, I was standing in the tailgate endzone watching from behind the line of scrimmage and he sidearmed one through a tight window to a receiver on a slant, just perfect anticipation and timing.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about practice but GC WAY over-hyped before the "game" about Derrick Allen on TV in an interview in discussing new guys in secondary...Not only can't he probably measure up to that flattery but Allen struggled last yr badly at times.It wasn't like he just showed up here.
We've heard GC over-flatter others like that and didn't pan out.
I remember a couple years ago him saying that Tobias Oliver was a NFL quality DB.....🙄