2022 Spring Football Practice

kalld12

Banned
Look I have been a season ticket holder 40 years, one thing I have learned about Tech Fans, no matter who the head coach is part of the fans want that head coach gone. Some more than others. Win a game they are great lose a game fire them win 2 in a row and we will win the ACC lose 2 in a row fire all the coaches. But I can tell you no matter how bad they hate the coach they want to see Tech win.
For the record I'm don't care for CGC because of his coaching style of leadership and I feel he is arrogant. I may be wrong about him being arrogant but that is how he comes across to me. Lots of coaches are arrogant but if they win people overlook it. But even though I don't care for CGC I still cheer and pull for the team.
Agreed, spot on. Thanks for posting a well thought out response with substance. I don't mind having a back and forth dialogue with posters like yourself

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Im 29 yrs old and I am indeed a season ticket holder. Do i need to screenshot it for you to believe me? No problem doing it.

In regards to CGC, i dont have a torch in the fire, in my opinion this upcoming season will be a win win. Either we see progress and an increase in the win column or we have another abysmal season an we will be searching for our next coach to lead us out of the hole were in. I just hate the constant negativity some of the posters have, at some point you turn and start to look at the positives going into a new season.
Unless you are beautiful woman I don't need a screenshot, and the way you feel as you call it a win win that is really the way most on here do, it's just some of us thought that last year.

kalld12

Banned
Unless you are beautiful woman I don't need a screenshot, and the way you feel as you call it a win win that is really the way most on here do, it's just some of us thought that last year.
HAHA, def not a woman and that's a fair point. I know everyone is losing patience and rightfully so. This season will be very interesting. Theirs a lot hanging in the balance

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Oh! And he’s someone to be excited about. Also glad to hear Williams is playing LT. Anyone have info more info on who’s playing where on the OL?

JacketFan137

Banned
The digs at Collins every interview now is just exhausting. Let it go, we know he likes to repeat himself. If you all put half as much of that energy into how the players are developing maybe youll have something to be enthusiastic about instead of the same overplayed comments about what Collins says.

Queue the "oh well if we didnt have 3 consecutive 3 win seasons maybe we wouldnt be so brash".
again, this board constantly shows how little actual football they pay attention to. college football coaches freaking love catch phrases. kirby says the same things all the time too.

we hired the guy to be a football coach not a pulitzer prize winner. idk what kind of colorful language they want to hear

JacketFan137

Banned
Ok I have to ask we have two guys showing they are or could be starters without having 1 practice
they were highly touted recruits at major programs. practicing at clemson/bama is probably a higher level of play than a lot of acc teams.

our offensive line was about as effective as a pile of feathers at times last year so i would imagine if you have a pulse you’re gonna start

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Williams is get reps at LT but he’s still a RT

OL per CBK

LT: Leftwich
LG: Tchio
C: Franklin
RG: Quick
RT: Williams
Where'd you see that? Did he mention that in an interview?

Excited to see Leftwich on there. When he was recruited, I thought he'd be someone who would see the field early. Figured Franklin at C and Williams at one of the T positions. I had thought it'd be a little early to already slot Tchio and Quick in there as they just arrived.

JacketFan137

Banned
I just saw on Ramblin Wreck that Peje Harris is now listed at TE. That could be very exciting. Strong pass catching from the TE spot will work well in Long's offense.
benson is another one too. his stats were not impressive, which can be attributed to 1. syracuse stinks, and 2. very few college tight ends actually produce. that being said, he is fast as hell and could really be a mismatch. i’m hoping we run out of 21 personnel all season and run dontae down their throats and wreck the middle of the field on seams