2022 Spring Football Practice

kalld12

Banned
The digs at Collins every interview now is just exhausting. Let it go, we know he likes to repeat himself. If you all put half as much of that energy into how the players are developing maybe youll have something to be enthusiastic about instead of the same overplayed comments about what Collins says.

Queue the "oh well if we didnt have 3 consecutive 3 win seasons maybe we wouldnt be so brash".

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
The digs at Collins every interview now is just exhausting. Let it go, we know he likes to repeat himself. If you all put half as much of that energy into how the players are developing maybe youll have something to be enthusiastic about instead of the same overplayed comments about what Collins says.

Queue the "oh well if we didnt have 3 consecutive 3 win seasons maybe we wouldnt be so brash".
IIWII

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

LOL! Just to be clear, after how many consecutive 3-win seasons may the posters be so brash?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
so you're going to b**** the entire offseason? You must be alot of fun to be around. The fact is theres alot to be excited about going into this year, and the continued repeated beatdowns are just old at this point.
A lot to be excited about?

I’m all ears.

Seriously, I’m actively looking for things to be excited about. And I think if you came up with a list of things that we could all be objectively and realistically optimistic about very few people would be upset with that.

kalld12

Banned
A lot to be excited about?

I’m all ears.

Seriously, I’m actively looking for things to be excited about. And I think if you came up with a list of things that we could all be objectively and realistically optimistic about very few people would be upset with that.
Welp, i've listed a few below:

1. Fresh new faces will be starting in many major roles such as (S, CB, C, DL, LB, OL etc..) - i'm most excited about this as sometimes you never know what you have until they get proper in game reps = incoming transfers

2. As many of you know, were either going to win 4-5 (my opinion) games this year, or we will have a new HC (which alot of you are already calling for)

3. New OC, new offense implementation - bringing a no BS culture with him

4. Renewed focus on D with Collins basically putting his HC job on the line, this should drive further attention to detail and the players will know what they're playing for this year + new secondary coach Travares Tillman. Can he correct the major issues from last season?

5. New season, new focus

This is what i'm looking forward to. It will be a very interesting season! Go Jackets! I'd love to hear from other posters what else they may be looking forward to as well.

Last edited:

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
so you're going to b**** the entire offseason? You must be alot of fun to be around. The fact is theres alot to be excited about going into this year, and the continued repeated beatdowns are just old at this point.
LOL! Actually, a few (perhaps, misguided) people seem to enjoy my presence.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have to guess you don't have season tickets, everyone I sit around just don't care for CGC, they want Tech to win and most have been season tickets holders 20 or more years.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What do you want him to say, “yeah we got worse today, probably shouldn’t have practiced at all”
How about, “We are not the team I promised we would be and that’s on me. We have our work cut out for us, but I guarantee we will be a much better team this year.”

That would be both a realistic assessment of where the program is, reassuring some fans that the coach is not delusional, while also throwing out some hope.

I remember when Bud Carson took over from Dodd, some players revolted at the style change, the schedule got much harder and we got a major a$$ kicking by uga to end the season. Carson was low key before the next season, didn’t sugarcoat his struggles, and then he said this, “I guarantee we will not lose to Georgia next year.”

At the time I thought it was a major mistake to predict that victory, for multiple reasons. But it gave the fans hope.

Tech was much better the next season, though still struggling. Against heavily favored Georgia, Tech had a goal line stand to end the game and preserve a 6-0 win.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Welp, i've listed a few below:

1. Fresh new faces will be starting in many major roles such as (S, CB, C, DL, LB, OL etc..) - i'm most excited about this as sometimes you never know what you have until they get proper in game reps = incoming transfers

2. As many of you know, were either going to win 4-5 (my opinion) games this year, or we will have a new HC (which alot of you are already calling for)

3. New OC, new offense implementation - bringing a no BS culture with him

4. Renewed focus on D with Collins basically putting his HC job on the line, this should drive further attention to detail and the players will know what they're playing for this year + new secondary coach Travares Tillman. Can he correct the major issues from last season?

5. New season, new focus

This is what i'm looking forward to. It will be a very interesting season! Go Jackets! I'd love to hear from other posters what else they may be looking forward to as well.
Points 3 and 4 I agree with and had already offered those in another post as reasons for cautious optimism.

No offense, but the rest seems like wishful thinking at this point. There is nothing in the track record so far that proves replacements are better, transfers will help save the team, or that coaching, game preparation or game day decisions will make the huge jump in performance that would be required to get to a winning season. I wish for all those to happen but there is no reason to expect that given what we’ve seen and heard so far.

But keep the faith, Go Jackets!

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
You've still yet to respond with any substance rather than your own vitriol
“Vitriol” is a little harsh, don’t you think? LOL! Maybe I, like some others who post here (and likely others, who’s interest in, and support of, Tech’s athletics may be waning) are just not as patient with, and refuse to suffer fools as lightly as, some others. Just because someone feels that Collins is bad for Tech, is bad for the football program, has shown he is unqualified for the HC position and is, dare I say, a charlatan, does not mean we do not love Tech. “Tough love” is still love, even if you choose to characterize it as b**ching, n’est pas?

kalld12

Banned
Points 3 and 4 I agree with and had already offered those in another post as reasons for cautious optimism.

No offense, but the rest seems like wishful thinking at this point. There is nothing in the track record so far that proves replacements are better, transfers will help save the team, or that coaching, game preparation or game day decisions will make the huge jump in performance that would be required to get to a winning season. I wish for all those to happen but there is no reason to expect that given what we’ve seen and heard so far.

But keep the faith, Go Jackets!
If i hear you correctly, you're saying because of the players/coaches we've brought in during the off season and because they're are no on field results yet, you're still going to choose to not be a pessimist, rather than looking at the potential positives and wondering how theyll play out during the upcoming season? The unknowns is what gets me excited. Just face it, you want CGC out, and anyone that tries to offer any kind of excitement for the upcoming season, you're going to find some sort of way to diminish it.

kalld12

Banned
“Vitriol” is a little harsh, don’t you think? LOL! Maybe I, like some others who post here (and likely others, who’s interest in, and support of, Tech’s athletics may be waning) are just not as patient with, and refuse to suffer fools as lightly as, some others. Just because someone feels that Collins is bad for Tech, is bad for the football program, has shown he is unqualified for the HC position and is, dare I say, a charlatan, does not mean we do not love Tech. “Tough love” is still love, even if you choose to characterize it as b**ching, n’est pas?
:cool:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If i hear you correctly, you're saying because of the players/coaches we've brought in during the off season and because they're are no on field results yet, you're still going to choose to not be a pessimist, rather than looking at the potential positives and wondering how theyll play out during the upcoming season? The unknowns is what gets me excited. Just face it, you want CGC out, and anyone that tries to offer any kind of excitement for the upcoming season, you're going to find some sort of way to diminish it.
Look I have been a season ticket holder 40 years, one thing I have learned about Tech Fans, no matter who the head coach is part of the fans want that head coach gone. Some more than others. Win a game they are great lose a game fire them win 2 in a row and we will win the ACC lose 2 in a row fire all the coaches. But I can tell you no matter how bad they hate the coach they want to see Tech win.
For the record I'm don't care for CGC because of his coaching style of leadership and I feel he is arrogant. I may be wrong about him being arrogant but that is how he comes across to me. Lots of coaches are arrogant but if they win people overlook it. But even though I don't care for CGC I still cheer and pull for the team.

kalld12

Banned
I have to guess you don't have season tickets, everyone I sit around just don't care for CGC, they want Tech to win and most have been season tickets holders 20 or more years.
Im 29 yrs old and I am indeed a season ticket holder. Do i need to screenshot it for you to believe me? No problem doing it.

In regards to CGC, i dont have a torch in the fire, in my opinion this upcoming season will be a win win. Either we see progress and an increase in the win column or we have another abysmal season an we will be searching for our next coach to lead us out of the hole were in. I just hate the constant negativity some of the posters have, at some point you turn and start to look at the positives going into a new season.