2022 Spring Football Practice

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The DL guys sound like they are seeing a steady hand.
White says he is 280# and up from 60%to 90% strength.

Sound like they will be stronger.
What if the 2 4* recruits help. !

Athletic giving has 60 new Heisman Donor!
.Getting some good vibes for second half of 22.
23 could be interesting.
I don't expect either to play as true freshmen.
Neither was a consensus 4 star. They were both 4 stars on rivals but 3 stars at 247. Miles was 4 star on ESPN, Lockett a 3-ster.
Also, keep in mind that Miles did not play at all this past season due to injury and has played just 6 games in the last 2 years. He's likely to be pretty rusty and potentially behind on development.
Finally, if the are not here for spring practice it becomes harder to make the field as a FR.

I like both of them long term but I do not expect them to have any significant impact this upcoming season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't expect either to play as true freshmen.
Neither was a consensus 4 star. They were both 4 stars on rivals but 3 stars at 247. Miles was 4 star on ESPN, Lockett a 3-ster.
Also, keep in mind that Miles did not play at all this past season due to injury and has played just 6 games in the last 2 years. He's likely to be pretty rusty and potentially behind on development.
Finally, if the are not here for spring practice it becomes harder to make the field as a FR.

I like both of them long term but I do not expect them to have any significant impact this upcoming season.
With all the issues if the play and help , it will look like our coach is genius to for getting them .

Omg, would cgc let them play just to make himself look like a genius.?.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Way to state opinion like it’s a fact. I’m sure you were sitting in their living rooms talking to the kids to know all this. About the only thing you said truthfully is that none of them would have been scared to compete. All these kids think they’d be #1 wherever they went.
Isn't that what message boards are for? ;)
Also, kudos to @1BearJACKET for the obligatory 9 in 3 mention. :rolleyes:

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes they are ! But when you are a newbie, it's good form to throw an "IMO" in there every couple of sentences. Be respectful to your "elders".
Nobody likes a know it all, especially a newcomer......:cool:
Newbie? Maybe around these parts but I have been attending Tech Football games since Eddie McAshan was lacing up his cleats and playing on the Flats. I post on 4 other Tech boards, and have been doing so for quite a while. And there are the same type of posters on each board. The self righteous cheerleaders, the super skeptics, and those that are somewhere in the middle. ForensicBuzz posts opinions too (masquerading as fact) but with an assload of holier than thou added.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Did you make it out to practice or just highlights? Someone else asked about OL and I’d like to know about that and the DL.

I was at practice this morning. Per usual, defense is still ahead of the offense for the first live scrimmage. We look like a P5 DL if that makes you feel any better. OL was getting stalemated quite a bit.

Stone looks well 300lbs and Biggers looked like he trimmed off some baby fat. The guy who really looked the part is Horace Lockett who was on the sideline visiting.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Newbie? Maybe around these parts but I have been attending Tech Football games since Eddie McAshan was lacing up his cleats and playing on the Flats. I post on 4 other Tech boards, and have been doing so for quite a while. And there are the same type of posters on each board. The self righteous cheerleaders, the super skeptics, and those that are somewhere in the middle. ForensicBuzz posts opinions too (masquerading as fact) but with an assload of holier than thou added.
Dude, I pretty much always own up to it being my opinion when it is. Nothing holier than anything here. I just hate keyboard warriors who want to drag our team down because they're compensating for something. No cheerleader here, just calling out the bull**** posted by newbies that want to come onto the board and thump their chest. You've got to bring something better than that if you want to be taken seriously.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was at practice this morning. Per usual, defense is still ahead of the offense for the first live scrimmage. We look like a P5 DL if that makes you feel any better. OL was getting stalemated quite a bit.

Stone looks well 300lbs and Biggers looked like he trimmed off some baby fat. The guy who really looked the part is Horace Lockett who was on the sideline visiting.
I'm tired of "looking" like a P5 DL, and I'm tired of our OL getting stalemated.

That being said, I'm hopeful the DL has stepped up big time and that the OL is coming together.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm tired of "looking" like a P5 DL, and I'm tired of our OL getting stalemated.

That being said, I'm hopeful the DL has stepped up big time and that the OL is coming together.
Our OL is bad. The DL should look like all stars. If they aren’t then they are both bad.

And that has been the exact trend the last three years. Period; in our practices. Then vs other competitors we see they are both bad.

JacketFan137

Banned
Our OL is bad. The DL should look like all stars. If they aren’t then they are both bad.

And that has been the exact trend the last three years. Period; in our practices. Then vs other competitors we see they are both bad.
three years? i think you mean about 8. since 2014 we have, in most cases against good competition, just been way outmatched at the line of scrimmage. hard to find kids that are both big and athletic enough to play the line vs clemson and uga and survive in the classroom at tech.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
three years? i think you mean about 8. since 2014 we have, in most cases against good competition, just been way outmatched at the line of scrimmage. hard to find kids that are both big and athletic enough to play the line vs clemson and uga and survive in the classroom at tech.
I'm not saying we've had great OL like we had in 2014, but the 2016 line was pretty decent. We were 9-4 in 2016 and beat uga, in case you're forgetting...

JacketFan137

Banned
I'm not saying we've had great OL like we had in 2014, but the 2016 line was pretty decent. We were 9-4 in 2016 and beat uga, in case you're forgetting...
yeah uga’s worst team in a while and we didn’t cross the 50 vs clemson until garbage time. still not a very physically dominant line and they struggled in a lot of games, and were awful in the passing game