2022 Season

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Latest D1 field of 64 (end of regular season)

This just looks like D1 schtik to me. 🙂 ...but I like it.

Screenshot_20220522-170747_Chrome.jpg

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Call me crazy, but I feel like if we win the tourney, with our sos, we got outside shot to host if the cards fall right.
I think they announce the hosts on Sunday before the tournament final result is known. So we'd have to get up there based on our results through the semifinals only.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Latest D1 field of 64 (end of regular season)

This just looks like D1 schtik to me. 🙂 ...but I like it.

View attachment 12451
The folks at D1 baseball are pretty knowledgeable but when it comes to NCAA tourney seedings and placement they are just making wild *** guesses that are no more accurate than those made by anyone else. They have no insights to what the committee is thinking. I remember a few years ago when we were awarded a very high national seed and D1 had us much lower. So keep that in mind before you get all hot and bothered by their "projections".

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Call me crazy, but I feel like if we win the tourney, with our sos, we got outside shot to host if the cards fall right.

Us hosting a regional is the likely outcome of winning the ACC this year if we beat 3 top 25 teams. Depending on Tenn, we could lead in that category too.

Would have to be L'Ville of course. Then we six other top 25 teams in the other three pools, the winners of those pools would likely be top 25.

Occam's Razor is to not lose again.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure at all, but surely they don’t announce the 64 before conference tourney is over. It used to be the Monday after.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure at all, but surely they don’t announce the 64 before conference tourney is over. It used to be the Monday after.
They show the whole field on Monday, but I believe they announce all the regional sites on Sunday. I remember seeing them show the list while watching the ACC Champ Game in years past.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Final Acc Stats

GT has

#1 & #2 BA (Simpson & Jenkins)
#3 & #7 slugging (parada & Jenkins)
#2 (barely) OBP (Simpson)
#1 & #2 runs scored (parada & Jenkins)
#1 & #2 hits (parada & Jenkins)
#1 (by far) & #9 RBI (parada & Jenkins)
#4 doubles (Jenkins)
#1 triples (tie) Hall
#1 (tie) #9 & #10 (tie) HR parada, Jenkins, borden
#3 SB (Simpson)

Simpson would have been up there in a lot more categories had he not missed games due to injury.

We had no one in the top 10 in Ks. Tres was #8 in walks

Team wise we led the conference in avg (.323), hits, HR, slug%,
Amazing.

Hats off to CJR & his amazing, relentless, bunch of hitters.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
They show the whole field on Monday, but I believe they announce all the regional sites on Sunday. I remember seeing them show the list while watching the ACC Champ Game in years past.
Odds are you're remembering last year which was non-standard due to Covid. Twenty sites (to make 16) were identified in mid-May in order to ensure they were covid compliant.

Expect 16 host sites to be announced Sunday night after conference championships are complete. Then "selection Monday" on Memorial Day will reveal full field.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Odds are you're remembering last year which was non-standard due to Covid. Twenty sites (to make 16) were identified in mid-May in order to ensure they were covid compliant.

Expect 16 host sites to be announced Sunday night after conference championships are complete. Then "selection Monday" on Memorial Day will reveal full field.

Let's win it all!

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking back at the season, I must have missed it as injuries aren't really talked about in College sports but what happened to our Freshman pitcher Eokerholm - was he injured all season?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking back at the season, I must have missed it as injuries aren't really talked about in College sports but what happened to our Freshman pitcher Eokerholm - was he injured all season?
Another poster indicated he is in the transfer portal now so I'm guessing it wasn't an injury....just a guess. Also wondering about Kristian Campbell. He came in as a highly touted shortstop but I don't think he ever touched the field. Does anyone have any info behind that?

Last edited: