2022 Football Season challenge

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I challenge my fellow Georgia Tech fans to look forward, not backward. I challenge each and every one of you to not comment on or refer to Collins or Stansbury for the rest of the regular season. I challenge each of you not to mention or refer to Paul Johnson or the offense he ran for the rest of the season. I challenge each and every one of you to focus your energy on this team as it is and as it moves forward, the future of GT Football. I challenge each of you to ostracize and ridicule any font that breaks this challenge. I challenge the staff and moderators to temporarily ban any font that fails this challenge.

What say you Georgia Tech?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I challenge my fellow Georgia Tech fans to look forward, not backward. I challenge each and every one of you to not comment on or refer to Collins or Stansbury for the rest of the regular season. I challenge each of you not to mention or refer to Paul Johnson or the offense he ran for the rest of the season. I challenge each and every one of you to focus your energy on this team as it is and as it moves forward, the future of GT Football. I challenge each of you to ostracize and ridicule any font that breaks this challenge. I challenge the staff and moderators to temporarily ban any font that fails this challenge.

Desperate much?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Paraphrase: Strive to think and post like the OP or prepare to be cyber bullied.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I haven't looked back to find posts, but didn't you say before that people shouldn't be negative until the end of the season or until a change was made? Now you ask that no negative discussion be allowed after the change was made?

While I agree that simply bashing Collins doesn't make for good discussion:
  • The events happened only four days ago. When big news happens, it is very difficult to keep it out of people's minds.
  • There will be changes made. Do you not think it is a valid discussion to compare practice, accountability, starters, playing time, etc between the Collins led team and the Key led team?
  • There is certain to be some discussion about whether the team is better off now than when Collins took over as HC. I think that is very normal after leadership change, and I think in this case Collins actually invited it with negative comments about previous eras in GT football when he took over.
  • Discussions about new HC candidates are inevitably going to include comparisons to previous coaches. People want quality X like coach Y had, etc.
As I said, simply bashing and calling names doesn't make for interesting conversation. However, there is plenty that can be reasonably discussed about the Collins era. Remember the saying - if you don't know history you're doomed to repeat it. If you are concerned that recruits will see all this negativity, this is probably the least negative and least vulgar GT forum available. Some other forums are very negative and very vulgar. Twitter and Instagram, which are probably looked at more by recruits, are absolute cesspools. If you want to be on a site that only allows "rah rah go team" type posts, good luck finding people to join you in such discussions.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
We mostly have a united fan base. There’s only 3-4 on here still clutching their blankie with all their might. I’m sure there’s others in GT’s fanbase that think likewise. Let it go and let’s get on with the rebuild. We’ve got a huge mountain to climb now and will be better off if we’re all on the recovery bus instead of crying about what has transpired the last 45 months.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

Yeesh. And y'all wonder why this board has gone down hill the past few years.

slugboy

Staff member
with GIF

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Paraphrase: Strive to think and post like the OP or prepare to be cyber bullied.
I haven't looked back to find posts, but didn't you say before that people shouldn't be negative until the end of the season or until a change was made? Now you ask that no negative discussion be allowed after the change was made?

• The events happened only four days ago. When big news happens, it is very difficult to keep it out of people's minds.
  • There will be changes made. Do you not think it is a valid discussion to compare practice, accountability, starters, playing time, etc between the Collins led team and the Key led team?
  • There is certain to be some discussion about whether the team is better off now than when Collins took over as HC. I think that is very normal after leadership change, and I think in this case Collins actually invited it with negative comments about previous eras in GT football when he took over.
  • Discussions about new HC candidates are inevitably going to include comparisons to previous coaches. People want quality X like coach Y had, etc.
As I said, simply bashing and calling names doesn't make for interesting conversation. However, there is plenty that can be reasonably discussed about the Collins era. Remember the saying - if you don't know history you're doomed to repeat it. If you are concerned that recruits will see all this negativity, this is probably the least negative and least vulgar GT forum available. Some other forums are very negative and very vulgar. Twitter and Instagram, which are probably looked at more by recruits, are absolute cesspools. If you want to be on a site that only allows "rah rah go team" type posts, good luck finding people to join you in such discussions.
My thoughts are that there has been tens of pages of discussion in multiple threads on all of this. At this point, it's just rehashing everything that's already been said. I put this forth as an opportunity to reset now that everyone has had their say. Just looking to move the discussion to more relevant things instead of the constant bitchfest.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

Just looking to end the misery many fonts seem to want to perpetuate ad infinitum.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Fixed it for you.
You should ask yourself why you find it necessary to ask others to think like you and to ostracize and ridicule those who don’t.

There is nothing in your original post that suggests, “Strive to think.” Quite the opposite, in fact.

Last edited: