2022 Football Season challenge

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The only way I'll agree to this is if you can point out something else that I can whine about. I'm a Tech alum after all, and if I ain't bytchn, I ain't breathing!
Well…the turf at BDS looks like they had a monster truck show on it the night before. Seriously though, why is there so much brown on the field? Is that dirt?

Is that something else we can whine about? 😂

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the hyperbole wasn't sufficient for you guys to recognize the tongue-in-cheek aspect of the post. Clearly, that would be a violation of site rules, so no, I'm not really calling for personal attacks. Sheesh!

Your wording basically was. Seems to me you are now taking the "its just a joke bro" defense. Maybe you should step back take a break and figure out why reading people discussing aspects of our football program makes you so upset.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Well…the turf at BDS looks like they had a monster truck show on it the night before. Seriously though, why is there so much brown on the field? Is that dirt?

Is that something else we can whine about? 😂

It really does seem liek we put some actual dirt in the turf to make it more "real"

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I was on the field prior to the Ole Miss game and took this picture. There is dirt mixed in. Seems like too much to me. 🤷‍♂️

1664557605301.png

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The only way I'll agree to this is if you can point out something else that I can whine about. I'm a Tech alum after all, and if I ain't bytchn, I ain't breathing!
Lowest donations and highest expectations.
How bout whine about low donations.

Old something for nothing.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was dirt, but you could be right. I didn't actually get down and feel it or check it out that thoroughly. Does make the filed look a little worse to me.
I am not an expert on turf. My understanding is that the granules can be vacuumed up to have fewer, and they have machines to spread them out evenly. I have heard that some high schools will modify the field depending on their opponent. Add more granules if playing a fast/speed team, and remove granules if playing a slower power team. I was far away from the field, but the WCU game looked like granules had been dumped in rows without spreading. The Ole Miss game looked like there were just too many granules that were kind of spread around. It seems to me like this is something that should be pretty easy to get right. There are high schools around Atlanta with turf fields that do a much better job.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
You guys don't see it? Definitely there. I took the image and ran it through Stable Diffusion AI image software as the feed image and let it resolve. This is what it produced (not joking). I think this might be our new coach. Do any of you recognize him?

1664562644882.png

Okay, joking about that last part :) But still....

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Your wording basically was. Seems to me you are now taking the "its just a joke bro" defense. Maybe you should step back take a break and figure out why reading people discussing aspects of our football program makes you so upset.
Dude, I'm not upset. It's time to move on; I think we all agree on that. Discussing the same things about Collins and Stanbury is not discussing our football program because they're no longer part of our football program. The thought that we should move on from these discussions wasn't a joke; the comment about ostracizing those who don't obviously was. If that's too difficult for you to recognize, then I think you're being intentionally obtuse and we don't need to discuss it any further.