Parada
Jenkins
Simpson

2nd Team ACC:
Gonzalez
Borden

3rd Team ACC:
Reid
IMO Parada gets robbed of Player of the year by Max Wagner of Clemson. Stats similar but Parada does it as a catcher while Wagner plays 3B. So the ACC decides the the guy about to be drafter top 5 in the country and most likely 2nd or 3rd out of college players isn't the best player in the conference? What are those guys smoking?
to compare (excluding Saturday's game because the ACC doesn't seem to be able to include updated stats for some reason) and keep in mind Wagner played in 2 more games:
AVG: Wagner .382 Parada .362
HITS: Wagner 73 Parada 83
RUNS: Wagner 65 Parada 69
RBI: Wagner 74 Parada 81
HR: Wagner 26 Parada 26
2B: Wagner 15 Parada 9
3B: Wagner 1 Parada 1
BB: Wagner 43 Parada 26
K: Wagner Parada 25
SB: Wagner 2 Parada 9

Again those are numbers compared between a position player that stands there and maybe gets a few balls hit to him each game to a catcher who is involved in every single play of every game. Maybe I'm biased but these numbers are a no brainer to me. You could argue that Parada's numbers just as a hitter are better overall than Wagner. But when you take into account he is a catcher and the other guy is standing there watching the game for most plays at 3B it becomes a real head scratcher. Do these voters even watch the games? Kevin, everybody that knows anything about baseball knows you were the best player in the league and maybe the best player in the entire country this year.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
IMO Parada gets robbed of Player of the year by Max Wagner of Clemson. Stats similar but Parada does it as a catcher while Wagner plays 3B. So the ACC decides the the guy about to be drafter top 5 in the country and most likely 2nd or 3rd out of college players isn't the best player in the conference? What are those guys smoking?
to compare (excluding Saturday's game because the ACC doesn't seem to be able to include updated stats for some reason) and keep in mind Wagner played in 2 more games:

Again those are numbers compared between a position player that stands there and maybe gets a few balls hit to him each game to a catcher who is involved in every single play of every game. Maybe I'm biased but these numbers are a no brainer to me. You could argue that Parada's numbers just as a hitter are better overall than Wagner. But when you take into account he is a catcher and the other guy is standing there watching the game for most plays at 3B it becomes a real head scratcher. Do these voters even watch the games? Kevin, everybody that knows anything about baseball knows you were the best player in the league and maybe the best player in the entire country this year.
We’re talking about a conference here that doesn’t even put its tournament on its own network, but instead puts it on some lame network that 80% of streaming services & cable companies don’t carry, so what do you expect (disclaimer, they are showing the semis & finals on ACCN & ESPN2, so 4 teams fans might not be totally pissed off 😤)

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

And takes a foul ball to the undercarriage from time to time...

How did they compare in HBP? Kevin got hit by quite a few, if I recall correctly.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
1st Team ACC:
Parada
Jenkins
Simpson

2nd Team ACC:
Gonzalez
Borden

3rd Team ACC:
Reid

This is pretty incredible. The debate & controversy over POY is real. But Parada will win on draft day.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
We’re talking about a conference here that doesn’t even put its tournament on its own network, but instead puts it on some lame network that 80% of streaming services & cable companies don’t carry, so what do you expect (disclaimer, they are showing the semis & finals on ACCN & ESPN2, so 4 teams fans might not be totally pissed off 😤)
Last year, I left YouTube TV and went back to Spectrum cable TV, just to get the Bally Sports South and Southeast channels — primarily so I could watch the Braves.

I have not regretted it since.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow

Yeah, I'm sorry but comparing the numbers and the defensive metrics just shows how obvious of a snub this was....... so nice to be appreciated by this conference.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seems like something that does deserve an explanation...

No $ in college baseball. It will be on ESPN on the weekend for sure. But mid day on Tuesday? No one is watching, I missed the first 90 minutes because of work. I got it just fine on ACCNX. (Other than the outcome.)

As I joke with people, "Life is empty without GT baseball. And there are 50 people around the country who agree with me."

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
No $ in college baseball. It will be on ESPN on the weekend for sure. But mid day on Tuesday? No one is watching, I missed the first 90 minutes because of work. I got it just fine on ACCNX. (Other than the outcome.)

As I joke with people, "Life is empty without GT baseball. And there are 50 people around the country who agree with me."
Not a lot watch, but I'm sure it has better ratings on RSN than reruns of Spring Football Games on ACC Network. SEC Network shows the whole SEC Tourney.

I suspect the issue is they have to throw a bone to Bally's in their contract to get them to pay for the football and basketball games. It's a money issue to get a little more from their sub-licensing those games out of their network. No idea when the contract could be done, but clearly they need to relook at this given the lack of carriage of Bally's on different cable and satellite systems.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Posting this in multiple locations that likely have no relevance to the particular thread I'm posting it in, but that's because I have a baseball rules question that piqued my interest during the Mets - Nationals game tonight and I want as many knowledgeable baseball fans to weigh in as possible.

I have always believed that if a runner is hit by a batted ball in fair territory he is out and the ball is dead. However, during the Mets - Nationals game tonight, there was a ball hit just past the first baseman Alonso that hit the runner on first in the back as he tried to get down to the ground to avoid the ball. The ball caromed into foul territory on the 1B side and the umpires called the runner out and a dead ball.

However, the Mets announcers claimed that the ball should not have been called a dead ball because the ball was past the first defender, i.e. 1B Alonso, and the next closest defender, the second baseman, did not have a play on the ball. Therefore, it should have been a live ball, with the base runners free to advance, including the runner that was hit by the ball.

Most of the time when we see this is when a ball hits a runner in the hole between first and second, or second and third. In that case, the "first" defender that usually has a chance to field the ball is typically behind the runner. Therefore, a dead ball and the baserunner is out. In this case, the fielder was in front of the runner that was hit and the ball was past him.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this or if I am making s*** up.