2022 ACC Baseball

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
All I know is that it would be very nice to win today to stay hot going into the post-season. With good pitching (like yesterday). When's the last time we would have own a game scoring only 4 runs? (Aside from this past week, of course.)

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
All I know is that it would be very nice to win today to stay hot going into the post-season. With good pitching (like yesterday). When's the last time we would have own a game scoring only 4 runs? (Aside from this past week, of course.)
We beat Miami 3-1 on Friday. That's the last time I remember winning a game that didn't involve a million runs.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this is the deal...

Ga Tech wins:
7th place IF UNC wins
8th place IF UNC loses

Ga Tech loses:
10th IF UNC loses
11th IF UNC wins

I don't think 9th is possible. Gotta say... I'm not sure. 🙂
Yes that is correct. Also Clemson is locked into 12th so if we finish 8th, our pod is with Clemson and either VT/Miami. Finish 7th and it would be with ND/Louisville and Pitt.

Finish 11th, we would be matched up with better of ND/Louisville and some combination of Wake/FSU/NCSt/Pitt/UNC. Finish 10th and it would be lower of VT/Miami and that same combination of teams in the middle. Appears the one team we can't have in our pod in the ACC Tourney is UVA. as we can't be 9th and they are locked into 4/5.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I’d say 9 is near a lock, 10 is likely, and 11 is in play. Only 2 teams in the country have more quad 1 wins than us. It would be a travesty to leave us out. I think we’re a 2 seed as things stand.
If 11 aren't going to make it from ACC, I wonder if NCSt might be the team on the outside. They've hit a skid and are now down to 40 in the RPI. A loss today could force them to make a semifinal run in the ACC Tourney.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Well 15-15 wasn’t what I expected after the opening weekend sweep, but I also think we’re a freak Chandler Simpson foul ball to the noggin from sitting at 18-12 and hosting a regional.

Also remarkable how bad our pitching had to be to find 15 losses with this lineup. Our 1-2-3 is maybe the scariest I’ve ever seen in college baseball.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Man, I really hate playing Pitt again right after we just swept them. I think they'll come out very angry.
Yep. 4 in a row ain't easy. On the other hand... Tech's offense can make a team think they have no chance.... & they know they now have no NCAA chance. Let's hope we've beat them a 4th time already.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, I really hate playing Pitt again right after we just swept them. I think they'll come out very angry.
We'll find out tomorrow but there's no guarantee we play Pitt first. The first pod game could be Louisville vs Pitt. If Louisville won, Pitt's game against us would be completely meaningless for them. They would know this was the last game of the year for them and just be playing for pride. Never can predict how these games will go.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We'll find out tomorrow but there's no guarantee we play Pitt first. The first pod game could be Louisville vs Pitt. If Louisville won, Pitt's game against us would be completely meaningless for them. They would know this was the last game of the year for them and just be playing for pride. Never can predict how these games will go.
The last couple of years they have set it up where the lower seeds play first so the top seed knows who they need to beat.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
In D1 Baseball's Field of 64 (before this past weekend), there were 9 ACC teams in.
VT
ND
MIA
LOU
UVA
FSU
UNC
GT
CLEM

I would think that UNC, GT, CLEM locked up spots with sweeps this weekend. (GT & CLEM were on last 4 in list). Wake was on first 4 out list. They also got a sweep (on road at NCST) & moved up to 6th in overall conference standings. Does that mean ACC could have 10 teams in?

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
In D1 Baseball's Field of 64 (before this past weekend), there were 9 ACC teams in.
VT
ND
MIA
LOU
UVA
FSU
UNC
GT
CLEM

I would think that UNC, GT, CLEM locked up spots with sweeps this weekend. (GT & CLEM were on last 4 in list). Wake was on first 4 out list. They also got a sweep (on road at NCST) & moved up to 6th in overall conference standings. Does that mean ACC could have 10 teams in?
Depends on how other conference races and stolen bids shake out over the next week. But we had 10 in 2016.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
VT
ND
MIA
LOU
UVA
FSU
UNC
GT
CLEM

pitt nc state and/or wake would have to make deep runs this week to yield a 10th team along with the other conferences calculus.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
VT
ND
MIA
LOU
UVA
FSU
UNC
GT
CLEM

D1 actually has Wake mentioned as a host possibility today after their sweep. I think they're safely in.

I think at this point the top 9 seeds in the ACC tourney are safe. NC St and Clemson are probably in as long as they don't go 0-2 this week. That would be 11. I don't see how Pitt gets in without winning the whole tournament.