2022 ACC Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The ol' coaches vote/poll prediction. (y)

Here's last year's poll. 2 of 28 votes were correct in picking a division winner.
1643936354583-png.12056

1643936321651.png

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Also not sure if this is the right thread for this, but noticed that Mercer took down #10 FSU last night. I assume we'll see that same pitcher next week at Mercer, unless he's pitched his way into the weekend rotation.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm ready to start (or step up slightly) my scoreboard watching. Here we are week prior to start of the ACC schedule and there are a few really good series involving ACC teams. Remember the days when we'd see these ACC/P5 matchups and wonder why Ga Tech and UGA couldn't figure out a way to play a weekend series instead of a bunch of mid-weeks. A good thing we're in this group of quality weekend series:

Ga Tech v UGA
Clemson v South Carolina
Miami v Florida
Va Tech v Wright St (common opponent w Ga Tech)

Of note: Clemson and Louisville will not start ACC play next weekend. They get going the following weekend.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC goes 3-0 vs the SEC in Friday night Game 1s.

Wright State beats the Hokies. VT puts up 4 in the bottom of the 1st, and is outscored 11-1 for the rest of the game. That early season sweep might look even better in two months.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just my humble opinion but if students, alumni, faculty and fans in general are willing to go to Bobby Dodd on Saturdays in the fall and watch that product, then Russ Chandler Stadium should be sold out for every home game. That program should play to a packed house every game just like some of the other premier programs in the country. Heck put the cheerleaders on top of the dugouts.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson looking interesting after sweeping USC(e) who then wins the series over Texas.

Also, weirdly afraid that NC State will turn it on the moment we see them.

Hoping Wake Forest's record truly is inflated by schedule, tought part of the ACC schedule comes up after them.