2022-23 GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The mom of Jasmine Carson(signed & played for GT before transferring), is the HC @ Furman. Good UVa. team coming up next Thursday on the road. Our two Grad. Transfers are the only ones who have played in Charlottesville.

Nice game from Morgan & Jackson today. Great to see Boswell get some game time minutes while hitting those 3’s.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
From the games I have seen, our team is a live-and-die-by-the-jump-shot type of team. We don't have the inside presence we had last year, and when our shots aren't falling we lost big.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Game tonight against UVA tonight at 7pm on ACCN+
Looking forward to this game as a barometer of where we stand. UVA has a 12-1 record but has played a mostly poor schedule. It reminds me a lot of our first matchup against Wake last year when they entered the game with one loss and we ended up blowing them out. Also, looking forward to seeing if Hermosa can exert some dominance in the middle when in the game as UVA has no-one taller than 6'2" on their roster. We are 9-3 as the lowest scoring team in the conference along with one of the worst shooting %. If we can start shooting anywhere near what we should be, we could be a tough out. I remain optimistic that we can turn the shooting around and end up in the top half of the league.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looking forward to this game as a barometer of where we stand. UVA has a 12-1 record but has played a mostly poor schedule. It reminds me a lot of our first matchup against Wake last year when they entered the game with one loss and we ended up blowing them out. Also, looking forward to seeing if Hermosa can exert some dominance in the middle when in the game as UVA has no-one taller than 6'2" on their roster. We are 9-3 as the lowest scoring team in the conference along with one of the worst shooting %. If we can start shooting anywhere near what we should be, we could be a tough out. I remain optimistic that we can turn the shooting around and end up in the top half of the league.
Not shooting well to start the night. Let's see of we can settle down and chip our way back in.

I fan 45

Georgia Tech Fan
Really concerned with what I saw today, team didn't compete and were hanging their head a bit. Confidence level had to take a bad hit after getting dragged like that. Also I haven't been tapped in this season to know what has happened to Love, averaging 3 points a game and not making any impact on this team which is sorely needed. Anyone can tell me what is going on with that, she didn't play in that rout.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fortner: “I’m sure they feel pretty bad right now...I guess I look at that two ways. Do you want to feel bad after the game, or do you want to work hard and fight during the game and give yourself an opportunity to win a ballgame or at least compete. We didn’t compete today. We didn’t compete in the second half. That’s an issue that will have to be addressed and fixed. I don’t have the answer for it right now.”

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Really concerned with what I saw today, team didn't compete and were hanging their head a bit. Confidence level had to take a bad hit after getting dragged like that. Also I haven't been tapped in this season to know what has happened to Love, averaging 3 points a game and not making any impact on this team which is sorely needed. Anyone can tell me what is going on with that, she didn't play in that rout.
Maybe she did not deal well with her new "inside "role versus last year when we had more inside type players. part of maturation. can't afford a negative presence in a locker room. Carter seems to be adjusting even though her minutes dropped. Wish her well whatever she does.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe she did not deal well with her new "inside "role versus last year when we had more inside type players. part of maturation. can't afford a negative presence in a locker room. Carter seems to be adjusting even though her minutes dropped. Wish her well whatever she does.
It's a very confusing situation with Love. She seems like a completely different player from last year missing easy layups and having a hard time even hitting the rim on outside shots. Her attitude seemed to me to be completely disinterested to me and she didn't look like she was hustling at all. I have no idea if there is anything going on in her personal life to cause this complete change from the player we saw last year. But to be dismissed from the team is completely different from entering the transfer portal or deciding to step away from the team. To me it means that the player has done something to merit being told that "you will no longer play for us". Coach Nell has been around for a long time and I am not aware of her ever dismissing a player from any of her teams so draw from that what you will.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Portal entrance for WBB starts officially on March 13, 2023 for 60 days, unless a Graduate Transfer.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Can anyone with an inside source please share what happened to Love to get her dismissed from the team? I remember way back at the ACC media day when Schwartz and Jackson were chosen to represent the team, wondering if returning players like Love or Hermosa might be a little upset that they were overlooked in favor of the transfers. Then Love starts the season appearing disinterested. Could that have planted some seeds of malcontent?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I thought Tech gave a fairly decent effort last night in Louisville. Much better than the last game. Three Freshmen in the starting lineup. Dunn and Morgan will be special talents, if they stay out of the portal for G.T. Please ladies, stop throwing the ball at Hermosa’s feet? Bounce passes into the post are fine and warranted. Aiming for her ankles, not so good. Yes, I counted two of those attempted passes. Zero & 10 @UofL.